Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

supercharger oil change?

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
there on the bottom right across from one another only the thing on the back the 2 oil plugs and chrysler plague
:unsure: shit, I might have covered them with blanket, I don't remember this being brought up when the spacers & blankets first came out.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
Thread Starter #83
Ok since you saying that maybe I shouldnt run boostane with every fill up maybe every other? Whats your thoughts on that? How often

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #84
So if their covered it'll force oil into engine & go empty ?
Myself I dont know I just know there are there so a reason covering them my not have any repercussion's.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Ok since you saying that maybe I shouldnt run boostane with every fill up maybe every other? Whats your thoughts on that? How often
In moderation, as I mentioned 2 > 3 oz. per 1/2 tank I think is OK. You only need to boost octane to about 97 octane.

Some people use a 32oz. bottle to a tank & that's too much.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #86
In moderation, as I mentioned 2 > 3 oz. per 1/2 tank I think is OK.

Some people use a 32oz. bottle to a tank & that's too much.
Oh no I would never run that much the bp station I use for the most part has good grade fuel

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Myself I dont know I just know there are there so a reason covering them my not have any repercussion's.
I would hate to find out it does.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #88

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #90
Hopefully @16GoManGoHC2 can elaborate on this more ?... and if it can be checked on the car.
yep you and me both know there has to be some room for air under that blanket I know it stuck good but still

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
yep you and me both know there has to be some room for air under that blanket I know it stuck good but still
Mine has been on for about 2 years now from when they first came out, I was one of the first ones to put it on. Not sure if it's a issue or how long it would take to know if it's a issue ?

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #92
Mine has been on for about 2 years now from when they first came out, I was one of the first ones to put it on. Not sure if it's a issue or how long it would take to know if it's a issue ?
damn if it's been 2 yrs. and everything is still good that would almost make me thing it's cool pardon the pun... ok guys late for me goig to bed and rest my back....I'm interested in what 16 gomango think's ago your situation. Anyway good luck...if you were closer I would help ya fix that right quick

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I wouldn’t take the blower back off to check them or anything, I doubt they would get sealed off air tight and build pressure inside the gear end, their just something to be aware of and leave open. If it was to be 100% sealed off the pressure would then have no where to go except past the seals and carry oil into the supercharger and mix it with the aircharge. It would be such a small amount you would never know it’s happening but after a few 1000 miles of it depending on the temperature swings the blower sees in operation the oil level would get lower and lower, there’s only about 8 oz’s in there to start with. Don’t loose sleep over it. As far as octane boosters go, if your adding enough to change the octane your adding enough to build up over time, me I just won’t use it any more, but being able to run corn now that’s a no brainer in not having to use it for me at least but I know corn isn’t available everywhere.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have already put the spacers and blanket on and everything is back together I decided against changing the s/c oil but did make new dowel 10mm longer it went pretty easy.My son-in -law was late so I put it back on by myself....after setting charger on 2x4's over the radiator I was able to get one foot in the hole where the air filter was at and the other on shock tower and just picked it up and set dowel on the holes on heads it them on first try....lol the rest was a cake walk....i/c temp stayed around 95 but when got down on it they got up to 112 but came back down soon after....and it's pulling real hard a lot of torque!!! I'm not going to drive anymore till my boostane get's here 17lbs. is as much as I want right now.
There is a whole thread here on the spacers and blanket. We talked about the dowels and I even ordered longer ones. After playing with it for a minute I gave up. So how did you get the dowels out? I wasn't the only they couldn't remove them

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
damn if it's been 2 yrs. and everything is still good that would almost make me thing it's cool pardon the pun... ok guys late for me goig to bed and rest my back....I'm interested in what 16 gomango think's ago your situation. Anyway good luck...if you were closer I would help ya fix that right quick
I agree, but my 2 years is only about 4k miles, but I'll keep my fingers crossed. :whistle:

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I wouldn’t take the blower back off to check them or anything, I doubt they would get sealed off air tight and build pressure inside the gear end, their just something to be aware of and leave open. If it was to be 100% sealed off the pressure would then have no where to go except past the seals and carry oil into the supercharger and mix it with the aircharge. It would be such a small amount you would never know it’s happening but after a few 1000 miles of it depending on the temperature swings the blower sees in operation the oil level would get lower and lower, there’s only about 8 oz’s in there to start with. Don’t loose sleep over it. As far as octane boosters go, if your adding enough to change the octane your adding enough to build up over time, me I just won’t use it any more, but being able to run corn now that’s a no brainer in not having to use it for me at least but I know corn isn’t available everywhere.
OK thanks, I feel a little better now, I hope I didn't totally seal off the breathers or that their not.

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #97
There is a whole thread here on the spacers and blanket. We talked about the dowels and I even ordered longer ones. After playing with it for a minute I gave up. So how did you get the dowels out? I wasn't the only they couldn't remove them
they were simple I took pb blaster and sprayed a few times before even try to remove...and them locked my vise grips onto the dowel's and I mean really clamp them on and just took a hammer and hit the vise grips and tried to turn and hit again over and over after a about 5 minute's they pulled out.No heat or anything just pb blaster and vise grips

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
they were simple I took pb blaster and sprayed a few times before even try to remove...and them locked my vise grips onto the dowel's and I mean really clamp them on and just took a hammer and hit the vise grips and tried to turn and hit again over and over after a about 5 minute's they pulled out.No heat or anything just pb blaster and vise grips
I didn't want to chew them up incase they didn't come out so probably not aggressive enough. Our discussion was it isn't going to move anyway

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
Yep, hit them with penetrating oil snd vise grips super tight, twist back and forth and tap side of vise grips with hammer while twisting. Some come right out some are a royal pain in the ass and take an hour each. They’re not going to be reusable so don’t even try to save them or youll mangle them and really have a hard time getting them out.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States