Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Testing Legmaker intake on stock and modified Hellcats

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
To start no but we had stock ones on later so you would have fit in:LOL:
May be back there again next Wednesday. Look for us in the stock intake section on pit row. Lol

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
No prob. The rain made things hectic for all. Drove almost 400 miles round trip to make 2 passes because of it. Besides, Still running the stock airbox and filter here so Im not cool enough to hang with you guys in the aftermarket intake crew anyway. lol
Yeah, but you are already open element on that RE compared to the stock suitcase some cats are running ;)

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah, but you are already open element on that RE compared to the stock suitcase some cats are running ;)
Had a 16 hellcat also with the older style stock airbox. Some of numbers that car put up years ago still have not been surpassed. There still isn't a hellcat out there that can or has run 9.8x with any airbox.. on a tune , injectors, and dual pumps. The airbox was not a limitation even back then.

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
Had a 16 hellcat also with the older style stock airbox. Some of numbers that car put up years ago still have not been surpassed. There still isn't a hellcat out there that can or has run 9.8x with any airbox.. on a tune , injectors, and dual pumps. The airbox was not a limitation even back then.
Most that do a tune and dual pumps slap a pulley on. Why wouldn't you? So that is probably a record that will not be heavily sought. To each their own.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
May be back there again next Wednesday. Look for us in the stock intake section on pit row. Lol
You may go more than I do and I only live 4 miles away 😂

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
Most that do a tune and dual pumps slap a pulley on. Why wouldn't you? So that is probably a record that will not be heavily sought. To each their own.
Pulley swap not required and we knew how to go fast without it. Lots of pullied hellcats couldnt run that number back then and still cant run that number now.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #67
I think you just picked the wrong Wednesday with the big money race this weekend. It also was suppose to go through out next week. I think a lot of the cars there were early for it. Also the next Wednesday TNT is July 14th. They don't do a TNT every Wednesday
Are you coming for the NMCA race end of July?

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
Pulley swap not required and we knew how to go fast without it. Lots of pullied hellcats couldnt run that number back then and still cant run that number now.
You aren't comprehending what I am saying. If people are going to pay for injectors, pumps and tune, they are going to take the "free hp" from coupling the pulley with it. If not, you have to pay hundreds more to then pulley the car and retune for said pulley. Enjoy your record. Is the plaque still on your wall?

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think you just picked the wrong Wednesday with the big money race this weekend. It also was suppose to go through out next week. I think a lot of the cars there were early for it. Also the next Wednesday TNT is July 14th. They don't do a TNT every Wednesday
131 is the closest track that runs during the week and we needed the data. Trying to get the car dialed in for some upcoming events. Made some progress but still have work to do. Will be at Norwalk for Hemifest July 23-25.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
You aren't comprehending what I am saying. If people are going to pay for injectors, pumps and tune, they are going to take the "free hp" from coupling the pulley with it. If not, you have to pay hundreds more to then pulley the car and retune for said pulley. Enjoy your record. Is the plaque still on your wall?
No plaque for the records... But lots of trophies and prize money from all the events that car won backing those records up in competition...against pullied cars. Lol
What good is adding a pulley and it's " free hp" so to speak if your car still can't outrun the car without the pulley swap? At that point you are spending more and getting less. But hey, if it makes you feel like you got a deal, then by all means... You do you...

We'll keep doing more with less and going faster doing it.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
They posted today and cancelled both the big races for this weekend and next due to more rain.

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
You would have went faster with the pulleys. That's why pullied hellcats are running quicker than 9.8. You beat inferior driver or tuners compared to you/yours. Congrats, but please do not spread false info about stock pulley cars being faster than pullied cars, if all else is equal (including driver).

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #73
They posted today and cancelled both the big races for this weekend and next due to more rain.
I didn't see the post for a TNT next Wednesday because of the cancelled race this weekend

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
You would have went faster with the pulleys. That's why pullied hellcats are running quicker than 9.8. You beat inferior driver or tuners compared to you/yours. Congrats, but please do not spread false info about stock pulley cars being faster than pullied cars, if all else is equal (including driver).
Point is that I didn't need the pulleys to outrun other cars that had them. And many of those drivers were quite experienced. You can think it's false info if it makes you feel better, but the wins don't lie.
And yes, we could have gone faster adding pullies... But why bother when you're winning races. The redeye I currently race had been 9.4s on a tune and injectors. It had won lots of races in 2 countries against pullied counterparts. The setup served it's purpose and did so efficiently. The type of racing we do now against cars that weigh alot less have merited pulley swaps. We didn't do it because it was free or a bargain. We did it for a purpose... And there are diminishing returns and trade offs with the extra boost that need to be managed. It's far from free.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #75
The point he was making is 9.8 is faster then a lot of guys have gone with a pulley. Can you go faster with a pulley yes but there are some that are not. Tune only Hellcat running 9.8 is pretty impressive:)

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #76
Point is that I didn't need the pulleys to outrun other cars that had them. And many of those drivers were quite experienced. You can think it's false info if it makes you feel better, but the wins don't lie.
And yes, we could have gone faster adding pullies... But why bother when you're winning races. The redeye I currently race had been 9.4s on a tune and injectors. It had won lots of races in 2 countries against pullied counterparts. The setup served it's purpose and did so efficiently. The type of racing we do now against cars that weigh alot less have merited pulley swaps. We didn't do it because it was free or a bargain. We did it for a purpose... And there are diminishing returns and trade offs with the extra boost that need to be managed. It's far from free.
Guess I was posting the same time as you:LOL:

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
The point he was making is 9.8 is faster then a lot of guys have gone with a pulley. Can you go faster with a pulley yes but there are some that are not. Tune only Hellcat running 9.8 is pretty impressive:)
Yes and thanks. That's exactly right. I'm glad some body gets it. 😂😂

Slipaway16

Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bartle Skeet
State
Non-US
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Trackhawk
We are agreeing on the same thing, but your too stubborn to see it.

Injectors have a price
Dual pumps have a price
Tunes have a price
Adding pulleys, also having a price, is cheaper to do at one time. So EVERYONE else does it at once.

Doing Injectors, pumps, tune and then coming back later to add pulleys and RETUNE seems pointless. That's where the "free hp" note comes from. Saving the hundreds of dollars on a retune. Not that any of this is cheap or free. I'd surely take the extra 50 hp at the expense of the pulley since the initial tune cost the same amount as a non pullied tune.

So the point is... go ahead and add pulleys if your doing ALL OF THE OTHER MODS. You'll gain multiple lbs of boost and make your car quicker. Which is the purpose, I suppose.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #79
We are agreeing on the same thing, but your too stubborn to see it.

Injectors have a price
Dual pumps have a price
Tunes have a price
Adding pulleys, also having a price, is cheaper to do at one time. So EVERYONE else does it at once.

Doing Injectors, pumps, tune and then coming back later to add pulleys and RETUNE seems pointless. That's where the "free hp" note comes from. Saving the hundreds of dollars on a retune. Not that any of this is cheap or free. I'd surely take the extra 50 hp at the expense of the pulley since the initial tune cost the same amount as a non pullied tune.

So the point is... go ahead and add pulleys if your doing ALL OF THE OTHER MODS. You'll gain multiple lbs of boost and make your car quicker. Which is the purpose, I suppose.
Not everyone is throwing the kitchen sink at a car to see how fast they can go. I'm trying to see how fast I can go without a tune and pulley. I had a low 9 second street car 15 years ago so been there. I really don't need a low 9 second Hellcat. I like the challenge to try to go faster without just throwing a tune and pulley at it.

I was at the FAST race in May and two guys with Super Stocks were there. I was 4 tenths quicker with my TAXI, I don't think either one believed I was stock. To me that is priceless:p

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #80
We all have different goals and end games. The point of this thread was to see if the LMI was faster then the stock air box. Even though we were only able to get 1 run with the stock air box, both of us ran the best time of the day with it