Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Official "I ordered" thread

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Wow, that is a ways away, why so far? Nothing closer??
I ordered on October 5th, best I could get locally was MSRP (minus the FFP pincode discount pricing of course) with power dollars with no garuantee that it would be locked in.....Koons offered below invoice and locked in power dollars and also allowed me to combine the FFP pin code for additional savings....6.5 hrs is well worth the savings......at the time I ordered though local dealerships were telling me that they could no longer order....must be they didn't have any allocations left anyway?? Maybe the late orders were only allocated to the high volume dealers?

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Just got word that the Challenger HC I ordered on 10/9 was now D1 status. Great news after just being hit with 12" of snow and more on the way. lol Hope this helps anybody still waiting on their orders, Dodge is making headway into their backlog of 2019's.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
I ordered on October 5th, best I could get locally was MSRP (minus the FFP pincode discount pricing of course) with power dollars with no garuantee that it would be locked in.....Koons offered below invoice and locked in power dollars and also allowed me to combine the FFP pin code for additional savings....6.5 hrs is well worth the savings......at the time I ordered though local dealerships were telling me that they could no longer order....must be they didn't have any allocations left anyway?? Maybe the late orders were only allocated to the high volume dealers?
Just got word that the Challenger HC I ordered on 10/9 was now D1 status. Great news after just being hit with 12" of snow and more on the way. lol Hope this helps anybody still waiting on their orders, Dodge is making headway into their backlog of 2019's.
I grew up sandwiched between you two in Batavia, family still lives there (well, my sister and her fam near Attica in the countryside hills). Was just texting my Mom last night about the snow. My Dad was a plant manager for GM off Lexington Ave in Rochester for 31yrs until the big 3 took their dumps in 2008-09, he popped smoke. Bro-in-law was a successful sale manager for the area too until same time and his dealer chain was closed. I moonlighted at that dealer through high school/junior college in various positions.

The reason none of the dealers would order/guarantee the order of a Hellcat is because they are too small and uninformed, even the likes of West Herr, Doan, and Cortese. Add in the impending snow season and they were fearful of getting stuck with a car they can't sell if you don't take it because pricing fell through. I even had my small local dealer down here in MD have the same fear.

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Batavia has changed some, but still has that small town charm. Used to love Alex's Steak House, next to Batavia Downs. Politics in NY suck, but upstate NY is beautiful & has a strong performance car community. Doan is done, as West Herr has bought Doan's Dodge dealership. But you are right on these dealers not stocking much other than Jeeps/Trucks. When I ordered from Doan, they only had 1 Challenger (v6) in stock and no Chargers. Sales people were not very knowledgeable.

GM had many plants in the area, including Delco on Lyell Ave & Rochester Products on Lexington Ave. GM is now closing their research center in Henrietta also. Mary Barra at GM seems to be moving everything overseas. Been a Chevy guy for 50 yrs, done w/them.

Tannehill

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
New castle
State
DE
Country
United States
Batavia has changed some, but still has that small town charm. Used to love Alex's Steak House, next to Batavia Downs. Politics in NY suck, but upstate NY is beautiful & has a strong performance car community. Doan is done, as West Herr has bought Doan's Dodge dealership. But you are right on these dealers not stocking much other than Jeeps/Trucks. When I ordered from Doan, they only had 1 Challenger (v6) in stock and no Chargers. Sales people were not very knowledgeable.

GM had many plants in the area, including Delco on Lyell Ave & Rochester Products on Lexington Ave. GM is now closing their research center in Henrietta also. Mary Barra at GM seems to be moving everything overseas. Been a Chevy guy for 50 yrs, done w/them.
Yeah, my father worked at Products. I think it became Delphi for a bit, then back to GM. He's disgusted at GM and was not happy how he had to essentially leave on their terms as opposed to his. Between GM brass and the Obama administration at the time he got shafted (managers were not UAW workers). Batavia has gotten a little rougher over the years as the Rochester and Buffalo urban areas were provided state funds to move there (at least that's what has been told). I moved to MD, from FL, right before 9/11 out of grad school, just built a house in DE to get the hell out of MD (NYs "sister"). I don't go back to NY much mostly due to family & schedule here. I do love going to my Sister's place in the country and relaxing. Down here is a whole new world of living I've become accustomed to, but the family still can't take it when they visit LOL

Last edited:

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Rochester is now also a sanctuary city. After getting out of military, I did 30 yrs in law enforcement. I feel sorry for the bs the blue have to put up with now. Our son & his wife are educators & have job offers fom a college in fla. If they go, we’ll follow. In the meantime, getting ready for another snow storm...

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
I don't envy you guys your snow storms!! Cold here, but none of the white stuff!!

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
I don't envy you guys your snow storms!! Cold here, but none of the white stuff!!
It’s even worse when waiting for a 717 hp HC that you have to figure out how to get home. When brought out from hibernation, still have the break-in period. At 70, time is priceless... lol

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
It’s even worse when waiting for a 717 hp HC that you have to figure out how to get home. When brought out from hibernation, still have the break-in period. At 70, time is priceless... lol
Build Sheet just became available.

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
Where?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Where?

If you have your vin# look in "Ordering and Purchasing.".

PIERRE M.

Member ID
Reactions
City
CIUDAD JUAREZ
State
Non-US
Country
Mexico
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat.
If you have your vin# look in "Ordering and Purchasing.".
Sorry, Injust understood you were talking about 2019 and not 2020.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Window Sticker is next!! Getting closer!!

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
So my car was dropped at the final yard before delivery, should be delivered to dealership soon.....trouble is the car hasn't moved since Monday, and there is no estimated delivery date yet...this is worse than waiting for the car to be built for crying out loud....Amazon Prime has surely spoiled me. I can't believe how horrible this shipping experience is with an ordered car...holy moly....o_O

Last edited:

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Maybe they’re waiting for Santa to deliver. lol With this early crappy weather, I’m thinking it’s better they take their time with mine & deliver it in April.... You’ll have your car soon & the waiting will be ancient history.

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Maybe they’re waiting for Santa to deliver. lol With this early crappy weather, I’m thinking it’s better they take their time with mine & deliver it in April.... You’ll have your car soon & the waiting will be ancient history.
I know....but the most frustrating thing is still not knowing what day it is getting sent over, despite sitting in the last yard for nearly a week already lol hopefully she ships out monday or tuesday for the last leg of the journey...

Member ID
Reactions
City
Metairie
State
LA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Charger HC
I ordered my octane red charger on Oct 16th. I was able to follow it through the build process and got notice that it was going to be delivered between 11/11-11/25. It arrived to my dealership on the 14th, now I just have to get over there with the guy purchasing my truck. I was surprised that it was less than a month from the order date till when it arrived at the dealer. Wonder if it was the color or it being a charger that let it be built quicker.

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
I know....but the most frustrating thing is still not knowing what day it is getting sent over, despite sitting in the last yard for nearly a week already lol hopefully she ships out monday or tuesday for the last leg of the journey...
You ‘youngsters’ are sure impatient... lol Well, we look fwd to your car getting ‘home’ & seeing some pictures. Hope the weather cooperates! Stay safe...

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
I ordered my octane red charger on Oct 16th. I was able to follow it through the build process and got notice that it was going to be delivered between 11/11-11/25. It arrived to my dealership on the 14th, now I just have to get over there with the guy purchasing my truck. I was surprised that it was less than a month from the order date till when it arrived at the dealer. Wonder if it was the color or it being a charger that let it be built quicker.
That was quick! Ordered my Challenger on 10/9 & it just hit D1 status. Enjoy your great looking Charger...

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Window Sticker is next!! Getting closer!!
Able to download the window sticker today!!!