Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Tire rotating on wheel

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@Mean Cat I just checked the counter act website. Their online calculator doesn't have anything for a car tire. But I found info on using 1 oz per 13lb of tire. Too much isn't really an issue as much as not enough.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
These may not be able to be used on our tires ? … and with TPMS it can't be added through valve stem so would have to break tire off bead to pour in or do it when putting new tires on. I will contact company tomorrow.

eztirebeads@gmail.com
Phone
(661) 675-4488

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday, Closed

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
@Mean Cat I just checked the counter act website. Their online calculator doesn't have anything for a car tire. But I found info on using 1 oz per 13lb of tire. Too much isn't really an issue as much as not enough.
I read on EZ Tire Beads website that you can add too much ?... & yeah they show this mostly for truck & off road tires ?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The beads work. Certainly better than dealing with a tire that is constantly changing the balance. They come in small measured bags that are placed inside the tire before the bead is seated. You just push them past the wheel and let them drop inside the tire. The bag disintegrates when it starts bouncing around as the tire starts rolling and the beads are released. Centrifugal force moves them to where they need to be. They are not reused. New bags go into a new tire.

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Did it with the turbo busa too.

No issues thru 238mph.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
The beads work. Certainly better than dealing with a tire that is constantly changing the balance. They come in small measured bags that are placed inside the tire before the bead is seated. You just push them past the wheel and let them drop inside the tire. The bag disintegrates when it starts bouncing around as the tire starts rolling and the beads are released. Centrifugal force moves them to where they need to be. They are not reused. New bags go into a new tire.
The companies website says they are reusable.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
The companies website says they are reusable.
Well yes if you want to go rounding them all up out of a used tire 😂. When the tire jockey dismounts your tire you’ll be chasing them all over the place. They come in measured weight bags because that’s easy to manage and you know exactly how much you’re putting in by weight. They’re not exactly expensive and you save by not having to pay for balancing.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I read on EZ Tire Beads website that you can add too much ?... & yeah they show this mostly for truck & off road tires ?
I guess you could use too much. If you needed 2oz in a front runner and used a 6oz bag of beads. That probably wouldn't be the best.
I was more referring to if you need 5oz a 6oz bag should be ok and better than using a 4oz.
I will call my supplier when I get to work. I have my tire size and weight so I should get a reasonable answer.
I meant to use them last year but I forgot to order them ahead of time. Then didn't have them when I had to change tires.🤦‍♂️

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I guess you could use too much. If you needed 2oz in a front runner and used a 6oz bag of beads. That probably wouldn't be the best.
I was more referring to if you need 5oz a 6oz bag should be ok and better than using a 4oz.
I will call my supplier when I get to work. I have my tire size and weight so I should get a reasonable answer.
I meant to use them last year but I forgot to order them ahead of time. Then didn't have them when I had to change tires.🤦‍♂️
OK , you call your people & I'll call my people & we'll compare notes. :LOL:

I will have to wait till I need tires again to do it.

Last edited:

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Plus spinning another needless 4oz is never good for performance. Might mitigate knocking off wheel weights on the front wheels too. Just saying...

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
OK , you call your people & I'll call my people & we'll compare notes. :LOL:

I will have to wait till I need tires again to do it.
What is this wait for needing tires stuff. Don't you go through a pair in about a month when the weather is good?
Or is it just me😮🤣.
I thought I saw some you can put in via the valve stem.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Plus spinning another needless 4oz is never good for performance. Might mitigate knocking off wheel weights on the front wheels too. Just saying...
Yes for sure.
But as I said a little more will not hurt the balancing. Unlike a little less may not be enough to balance the tire.
My fronts are static balanced with weights just behind the spokes.
Nothing in the inside lip due to the redesign of the wheel. So I'm thinking of using them front and rear. So far it looks like about 2-2.5oz for the front and about 4 for the rear. We will see.
It would be nice to not get vibrations from either losing weights or tire moving on the rim, for a change. LOL

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Yes for sure.
But as I said a little more will not hurt the balancing. Unlike a little less may not be enough to balance the tire.
My fronts are static balanced with weights just behind the spokes.
Nothing in the inside lip due to the redesign of the wheel. So I'm thinking of using them front and rear. So far it looks like about 2-2.5oz for the front and about 4 for the rear. We will see.
It would be nice to not get vibrations from either losing weights or tire moving on the rim, for a change. LOL
I am probably going this route just because modifying and knurling my new wheels looks like a giant PITA compared to dumping a few ounces of beads into the assembly. Plus, my clutch car probably wants to spin the wheels on the rims to soften the hit.

Yes, that is an excuse for being a lazy turd and a crappy driver.

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
Mark the balanced assembly, and put back as balanced if it moves and apply bead sealer:

https://www.amazon.com/Xtra-14-101-Seal-Bead-Sealer/dp/B000GKD722

Don't ever move the weights.

Wheel balance beads are another option:

https://www.amazon.com/Z-Tire-Beads...ds&qid=1582156731&sprefix=wheel+balanc&sr=8-8
I'm gonna do the same , as soon as I find a chart that shows how much to use in each tire so I know how much to order.
I am supposed to go into work next monday. I was going to look it up in the catalog so I can order the correct ones. I will copy it if they still have the catalog.[/QUOTE]

I've emailed the company as well, asking for the "formula" for my DR setup.

I think I'll give this a shot before using a bead sealer, as the ceramic bead site warns against using such.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
What is this wait for needing tires stuff. Don't you go through a pair in about a month when the weather is good?
Or is it just me😮🤣.
I thought I saw some you can put in via the valve stem.
I just put a new pair of 315's on , so it might be a little while b4 I need more & I have the TPMS's on my wheels so the beads will not go through that , if you have a regular valve stem then you can pour beads through that.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #56
Out of curiousity, OP, who did your tire mount and how long between the mount and the drag racing?
A place called Tirerama did the tire mount. Told them to use nothing but the high tact glue to put them on. I think I had them mounted in June and raced that set in September. Pretty sure the set before this moved too, because I noticed the balance seemed off at higher speeds.

I don't think I'll use that glue again, doesn't seem to be helping enough. The only plus I can see out of this, is possibly less strain on the drive train since the tire is allowed to spin on the wheel. It's not a lot of spin per pass, but I may consider beadlocks in the future. I still 1.4x 60ft so, it's not all that bad, lol.

2fast4u

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
I had them use Permatex on my DR's, 315 Nitto 05r's, they moved about an inch, after that they have been rock solid.

Decay

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
OR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 widebody Redeye
No slippage here. IMG_3017.JPG

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #59
I had them use Permatex on my DR's, 315 Nitto 05r's, they moved about an inch, after that they have been rock solid.
Same stuff I had my tire guys use. They seem to slip more than I like. For now I will deal with it, until I feel like stepping up to beadlocks.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States