Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

TNREDEYE '21 REWB

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #101
It sure is nice to be getting back to normal. Hit my first cruise a couple weeks ago.
YES IT IS!! It was so nice to just sit around, eat cheap hot dogs and enjoy the company of fellow car guys. The scenery around the courthouse in Shelbyville is really cool. It gives the cruise in an old time vibe.

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #102
My AAD stuff showed up today. My BMR cradle lockouts shipped today. I haven't heard a word about my Bwoody sway bar links but they aren't really a must before heading under the car to install the other components.
So.. I suppose I know what I'm doing Saturday. 🙃 20210428_171552.jpg

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #103
I tackled the AAD and BMR stuff this afternoon. It wasn't bad at all.
Some of the engineering in these cars will make you scratch your
head but I suppose that's always the case with newer cars.

From the time I backed it in the shop until I drove it back out was
4 hours and fifteen minutes. I did it by myself other than my wife
helped me remove and reinstall the exhaust. I saw no need to take
pics since the process looked just like Speedy's video except the
car's a different color.. and my shop has a few more miles on it than
his. :)

It clearly will need an alignment. I didn't have particularly good witness
marks to reset the cradle back into and it drives as though it's not
square in the car by a bit. However, I got on it pretty hard and - like
everyone says - it was much smoother and a lot less likely to shake
the tires. I'm looking forward to getting it to the track soon and seeing
how it acts. So far I've been 1.47 60' at Music City and I still have the
hard 1-2 shift that rattles the tires pretty hard. I'm hoping for a slightly
better 60' and less "unnecessary activity" in the rear end on the 1-2 shift.
Hopefully we'll find out soon..

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #104
Alignment is done. I was surprised at how much change one shim to the next actually made.
I bought the full set of shims and we repeatedly jumped over the dimensions we were looking for.
It's not dead on the money but it's not really far off. Drives good and plants itself nicely on the street.
20210506_154807.jpg

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #105
I took the car to Music City last night. Weird outing.
The air was decent, roughly 1400' da.
As I've talked about I now have the AAD arms and the BMR cradle lockouts installed along with the rear aligned to get rid of the factory negative camber.
I removed the backseat, floormats, trunk liner and subwoofers. That, along with running less fuel(under 1/4 tank) I'd say it was 100 lbs lighter than previous. Note that all that weight is roughly in the rear of the car. Between the alignment, the better DA and the lighter weight I was expecting a high 6.50.
First pass it left good then on the 1-2 shift it waffled the tires for a solid 10 feet. VERY, VERY violent. Once it got past that it went right down the track to a 1.45/6.65 @ 106.66. 60' was 1.45. Pretty good start I thought. FWIW - launch rpm was 1600. tire pressure was 19 cold.
Second pass all was the same except for two things: I lowered tire press back to 19. This is what I typically do which results in a "warm" pressure of 19. I also bumped the launch rpm to 1800. This run didn't go so well. It moved maybe 2 feet and then broke loose resulting in some pretty serious tire shake. I lifted, go right back in it and ran on down. Crappy 60 and et; 1.63/7.18. NOTE: I've made a good many runs at this track between the two cars and there has never been ANY level of violence when leaving the starting line. Certainly nothing like this run.
Third pass I dropped the tire pressure to 18.5 and launch rpm to 1200. It left nicely, still shifted WAY TOO HARD but instead of shaking violently it shook a bit and then spun, probably similar in length to the 10' from the first pass. Went on down clean from there and went 1.46/6.64 @ 106.39. Ok, maybe with the changes to the car it prefers to launch at a lower rpm. On to the fourth run.
Fourth pass(18 mins after the last pass) was as identical as I could make it to the third pass. Just trying to verify my thoughts. Nope. It pretty much did exactly what it did on run number two all over again. I caught it quicker - since it wasn't such a surprise this time - and went 1.65/7.03.

By then it was time for eliminations and I wasn't exactly feeling good about making any more runs for fear of breaking a ring gear or the like so we aired the tire back up and headed home. I went two mid 6.60's, got 18.5 mpg on the up and back and the car got home in one piece so it's hard to call it a bad outing but I sure am questioning what has caused the new start line issue. And I REALLY don't like the way the new setup responds to the hard 1-2 shift.

So in short, right now I have more questions than answers where the AAD/BMR stuff is concerned...

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #106
20210512_141802.jpg

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Super Stock Clone at Irwindale tonight...............
. 0527211532_HDR.jpg 0527211531_Burst02.jpg

OP
TNREDEYE

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Thread Starter #108

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Bo. Are you going to convert this car back to the big/original brakes? If so, I know someone that might buy all that stuff. I know a person with a Super Stock and he says his 1-2 shift is not hard/harsh. I wonder if they revised the calibration? Mine is usually pretty hard on the 1-2. The hard shift does not bother me as long as it does not unload the driveshaft and it does'nt.

My Super Stock showed up in CA 2-1/2 weeks after the SL date on the Window Sticker. On a Train it would be 4 weeks. As far as I know they all ship Enclosed Truck like the Demons did and it seems they're moving pretty quick.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State