Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Well guess what... there's a brand new GT500 out here in my small town...

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
You mounting those 305s on stock wheels? I've been debating stock size or 305s when my stock tires go on my Redeye. I'll likely get the MT S/S tires, since I really like the MT Rs for the track. I know people who say 305s aren't meant to go on a NB stock wheel (Wheel width to small), but will I die? lol.

Also blow the doors off that GT500! Wish there was one in my town I could play with. Maybe they are all hiding. Dammit, lol.
305's fit fine on the back stock 9.5's" Mine (555r) have taken everything I've thrown at them. They do bulge a little

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
And maybe Im reading the gearing and trans combos wrong, but I think from a dig he'll have me dead to rights. From a 30 or around there, I think I can hold my own or at least give a good fight. It's all good.
From a dig if you are on a sticky tire you should have a pretty good shot at it. He should start pulling you (unless you are modded) though around the 1/8th mile or so. Really depends on how good of a driver he is. The car is new to him after all.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Saw him today at a CPA's office. Brand new, never even been washed. Blue with black aero bits. Saw him a couple of hours later across from me at a light. something tells me he and I will be seeing more of each other (unless it's a garage queen). I suspect he'll have me dead to rights down low, but I'm hoping I can put up a fight up top. Coincidentally, if timing works out (I have a lot to do) I'll be putting the 305 M/T ET Street S/Ss on tomorrow. Will also post a back to back comparison of them and the current 555Rs (second set).
Wonder how the Michelin pilot sport 4s tires would hook? I've heard good things about them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #24
305's fit fine on the back stock 9.5's" Mine (555r) have taken everything I've thrown at them. They do bulge a little
Supposedly, if you check the foot print (for example DIY wet tire on clean concrete) and measure it, you lose some of that width because the tire has to pull up at the edges to mate with the EDIT WHEEL.

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Gilbert
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Any other mods besides tires? If you're stock I think you might be a little disappointed of the outcome

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6

Supposedly, if you check the foot print (for example DIY wet tire on clean concrete) and measure it, you lose some of that width because the tire has to pull up at the edges to mate with the tire.
I believe it. Sometimes I tell myself I'm going back stock size next but then again I really like the beefy look in the back

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I ask again, anyone know of a place that makes EXACT REPLICAS of the six-Y-spoke black wheels on the 2016 Hellcat, but in 11" width, and perfect offset to keep 315's inside the fenders? Or, am I going to have to ship these bambinos off to the place that widens your wheels for you? (cringe)

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
I would be a little worried going up against the New gt 500. I'm sure you've seen the vid of speed phenom going 10.6 in the 1/4 mile with his new one.
The only stock cat I know of that has done that was speedy and he had a tune by mike at ost dyno
So not 100% stock

Last edited:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
The Shelby looks even more desirable if you are a stang fang.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #30
Any other mods besides tires? If you're stock I think you might be a little disappointed of the outcome
No, no other mods, other than the driver and lawyer mods. And that's why we run the race - I don't care if I'm slower, someone is always faster than you; I like the thrill of the competition.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #31
I would be a little worried going up against the New gt 500. I'm sure you've seen the vid of speed phenom going 10.6 in the 1/4 mile with his new one.
The only stock cat I know of that has done that was speedy and he had a tune by mike at most dyno
So not 100% stock
Yep, I'm aware. Doesn't mean I don't want to run. :)

Hemiride

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Farwell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
No, no other mods, other than the driver and lawyer mods. And that's why we run the race - I don't care if I'm slower, someone is always faster than you; I like the thrill of the competition.

I get that but it's more fun to win lol
That's why I'm doing a litens 2.85 and blower spacers with thermos blanket and a cai this spring

Last edited:
OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
Tire review posted in separate thread.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34
Oh, and for the guy interested in the PKs, here's the photo.

Wheels OEM and PKA.png

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
I drive a Hellcat Charger.jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Asking a technical question, not use to, but this goes back to a comment I made in 2016, there were a lot, but I remember this one. Got my attention after working on chillers for 30 years. The new fangled Camaro came out and was kicking ass on the road courses. It was and maybe still running 6 inter chillers. After discussing this with the chiller kings of the cold industry. That was the ticket. The new Shelby GT 500 is running 8 and that is the ticket. Cooler more boost = more HP. Some one has been raping my dreams. It has placed more weight in different spots but they have worked with aerodynamics and ceramics. Not cheap but I am sure some one has been dream catching my girly dreams and chillers. I blew this horn 2 years ago and maybe blew sumtin else up. Watch the chiller industry. Coming from a mad man. Take your Olebay.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #37
Back in 2006/7 I was looking into the chillers myself. The guys I talked with (who supposedly were on the know inside the majors) were concerned primarily because of "how can you tune for it"? My take was always make it full time and adjust the AC system to accommodate both systems, using sophisticated CPU/software to smooth over any blips. I think this is pretty much what we're seeing today. So where is my royalty check you mofos!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yea, mine two. The invention ion I gave the Aussie took and ran with it. I have mentioned to others, out and on the moon. I have 2 different ideas that will increase the performance the ones out there. There is 1 guy on this foruhm I woood like to speak with whom has this to a 80% perfection. I did complement him concerning this he built himself. Well after a schematic of where I know where it came from,,, but very good. The other guy selling his bits and pieces,, hack job,, no compression. I think if you look back a week ago you will find this. Fine piece of equipment. No water tank, no excessive piping, a chiller if you know one is very compact. Now Shelby is installing 8 into his new version, but these coolers are distributed to oil, transmissions and other areas of the car. Very interesting. Going to spend a couple of weeks an get info.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Arlington
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Hey there Sub, whatever you posted is showing as a broken document on my end.
Fixed

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #40
Update - so, after being 70 degrees yesterday it snowed 2 inches last night and is going to get up to 60 today, if not higher, so further testing is likely suspended (I also have a lot of work to catch up on). My place in NM got 8.5 inches - wish I was there instead of here.