Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Well guess what... there's a brand new GT500 out here in my small town...

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Update - so, after being 70 degrees yesterday it snowed 2 inches last night and is going to get up to 60 today, if not higher, so further testing is likely suspended (I also have a lot of work to catch up on). My place in NM got 8.5 inches - wish I was there instead of here.
Ruidoso/Cloudcroft?

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
You mounting those 305s on stock wheels? I've been debating stock size or 305s when my stock tires go on my Redeye. I'll likely get the MT S/S tires, since I really like the MT Rs for the track. I know people who say 305s aren't meant to go on a NB stock wheel (Wheel width to small), but will I die? lol.

Also blow the doors off that GT500! Wish there was one in my town I could play with. Maybe they are all hiding. Dammit, lol.

I have 275/40s on my regular body redeye, I have a hard time believing a 305/35 would not have a bigger foot print, even though it's technically too big for the 9.5 inch rim. I was forced to buy these at the tire shop(due to weird circumstance) and they have been fine for me, but my next set will be 305/35s and I'll be able to compare more.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Tire review posted in separate thread.
Looked for it in the wheel/tire section, where did you post it?

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Thanks, just a couple thoughts - I wouldn’t keep them at 38psi very long, I keep mine at 31-32, and I do not really think they have degraded performance after 1k miles like someone replied there. I drive through the turns pretty hard at times and while they are not like a regular tire, I do ok. It’s worth it for the consistent bite and push forward! :). Will be interested to hear your thoughts on them over time.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #46
Ruidoso/Cloudcroft?
I have property out there, yes. But that's not where we got the 2" with back to back 60+ degree days.... West Texas in a nutshell.