Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Is something wrong with the car ?
No not at all. I just had a performance spare tire I paid good money for in my '09 SRT and was gonna transfer to the RE but doing a test fit it just missed clearing the bigger Brembo's on the RE so it was a bust. But I did get some stats and wheel weight on the new RE stuff. Thanks for asking.

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
No not at all. I just had a performance spare tire I paid good money for in my '09 SRT and was gonna transfer to the RE but doing a test fit it just missed clearing the bigger Brembo's on the RE so it was a bust. But I did get some stats and wheel weight on the new RE stuff. Thanks for asking.
I figured damn car was broke down because it apparently isn’t driving because them brakes are to damn clean 😂😂

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I figured damn car was broke down because it apparently isn’t driving because them brakes are to damn clean 😂😂
I don't brake, I just downshift from ludicrous speeds with my paddles. I'll be seeing you soon. LOL

hellno

3000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
memphis
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
It sure is a pretty car though, almost as pretty as mine

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
Do some guys like big nuts?!
I don't know if some guys like them or not...but some of us HAVE them...just sayin'

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Wish I had known it was bath day, I would have brought the conditioner and the sponge.
Still have hair????

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
All I do...(every day)..check all the cars..the battery tenders..and spray detail one car a day...keeps me busy all week..and mark the days till spring...(almost half way there)
That's got to suck.

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I don't brake, I just downshift from ludicrous speeds with my paddles. I'll be seeing you soon. LOL
NOT Ludicrous speed.:eek:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Wish I had known it was bath day, I would have brought the conditioner and the sponge.
The flies shoulda been a hint

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
With the excellent help of hpindys tutorial on the installation of BMR’s Cradle Lock Out Kit I knocked that out in less than 2 hrs. Nice!!!
Wheel hop seems to be a bit reduced but my drag radials are put away for the season so I won’t really know until next year. No additional nvh. View attachment 9394 View attachment 9395
You guys got the cradle bushings etc down to 2.5 hours?? @Hpindy where is this secret sauce please? That can save me over $1,000 soon!

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
DG, its a piece of cake. First thing is not to even bother with the first 3 pages of the instructions that you download from the bmr website. The biggest pita was drilling out the limiter plates, 1 per side, front only, not a prob with a sharp bit. I drilled a small pilot hole first, drilled them and popped out with crow bar, then trimmed the rubber bushings flush with the metal as described in hp’s tutorial. I did p/s first, then d/s. Unbolt 1 side first and loosen the other. I put a floor jack with wooden board beneath the rear so the cradle wasn't hanging by the 2 remaining bolts. I dropped the cradle maybe 2 inches, dropped in the upper rings, then secured the bottoms. Tightened them up good just to make certain the upper rings were set correctly, then backed them off a bit and did the d/s. Surprisingly simple. Minimal of tools needed as well. Surprisingly simple, did it with the car on jack stands. While I was under I looked briefly at whats involved in dropping the center section to apply that lock out kit as well. That seems a bit more involved. Maybe someone can comment?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks! Seems straight forward and logical. Another member I know tried it a few years ago. I may have him up for dinner and some consulting and try it. I have the Whiteline set to install, plus all the AAD connectors to change out and a couple of minor other things. Can't wait for a try at slamming this thing with a lot less sloppy movement back there in a few months.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
I’d love to score a set if the adjustable AAD’s but not in the budget for the time being. Mine is pretty much put away for the season as well.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I’d love to score a set if the adjustable AAD’s but not in the budget for the time being. Mine is pretty much put away for the season as well.
Was just gonna ask if all the rear bracing and lockout stiffened the ride. Did you go around block or anything? Or just installed for now 'till spring?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Got their matching stuff for the front with these new style bushings. It looks like some fine stuff;) I am going to get that camber dialed in all around on the track and see if it helps.

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Was just gonna ask if all the rear bracing and lockout stiffened the ride. Did you go around block or anything? Or just installed for now 'till spring?
Rear seems a bit tighter between the rear Petty Strut Tower Brace and the cradle lock out kit but tough to tell as my drag radials are put away for the season. Im sporting the a/s Pirellis now so there is no traction anyway. Ill know more in the spring.

Last edited:

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
After 1 yr of ownership, I finally cleaned the Wicker ZL1 rear spoiler. Gets a little nasty at the screws. 😣
20191207_165143.jpg

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Car day today at 72 and all the flies went up north.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
With the excellent help of hpindys tutorial on the installation of BMR’s Cradle Lock Out Kit I knocked that out in less than 2 hrs. Nice!!!
Wheel hop seems to be a bit reduced but my drag radials are put away for the season so I won’t really know until next year. No additional nvh. View attachment 9394 View attachment 9395
Can you post a link to the write up please?