Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
The KB instructions say to remove fuse 21 for the car. On my hellcat 21 is a spare. Fuse 26 is the fuel pump. Unfortunately it is a 30AMP low profile mini fuse. I searched for four hours and at multiple shops for a 40amp low profile mini fuse. No one carries one. KB doesn't supply one and HHP recommended Napa. Napa didn't have shit... This is me modifying the fuse that KB sent me to use the low profile slot, fuse 26.
That is called an ATM style mini fuse (not the one you modified, but the one the slot is intended for). They are available up to 35 amps.

You should look into ATM style mini circuit breakers... also limited to 35 amps, but resettable.

Bob

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Yesterday and Today I installed a reverse indicator light just like the ones they had back in the day. We must pay homage to 1970. (Don't worry, that glove box door isn't the original one to my car. I would never cut the original one up. Bought a used one from Ebay).

Attachments

Lize

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bury St Edmunds
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye
Took it for an oil change, it didn't happen. Thanks to reading on here I was aware they should have ordered an SRT filter, I thought best to check and they hadn't ordered one and were going to use a standard Challenger one from their stock.

They're usually pretty good but the mechanic booked it rather than the lady who normally does parts and bookings and thinking about it he didn't take the VIN. She took all the details and its re-booked.

Its worked out OK though as I've had some unexpected jobs so mileage is lower than I wanted and will be better with the delay.

I was stressing about it this morning, just didn't seem right for some reason and was quite pleased they couldn't do it. Its wet and roads are slippery and I had images of someone taking it for a spin and having an accident even though I had black key and enabled valet mode. I once took a GTR to a Nissan main dealer and the mechanic hit a van pulling it out of the workshop causing £20K worst of damage which took 3 months to satisfactorily repair, it was a nightmare I don't want again.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Dude next door brought home an $80,000 Rousch mustang. Not impressed. Candy apple red with a black stripe down `the middle.,, stupid looking. Paint job not so good, 740 HP ok weight is light. OK. Inner coolers not so impressed. CAI impressed. But, comes with a very large filter, but it has this pexi glass box around it. Which in my book, small mostly pictures of naked ex fian says, Cuts the air off. Looks good but funk stable not so good. No air. I took my K & N box off and the hood plate on the hood. Maximum air intake. Got to be careful of rain. Reinstall the hood plate. 1 screw and 2 minutes.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I finally got it out of my system. The lack of some type of emblem on the hood was driving me crazy. It was as if the styling dept ran out of time and left the hood alone. Too much real estate on that hood to leave it empty. So....I bought "Supercharged" emblems and put them on last night.

Attachments

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Looks good @B5Cat16. More importantly is that an original A12 RR behind it?

Last edited:

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
A12 Super Bee. WM21M9A. R4 Red, 4 speed. When that six pack opens, hold on tight LOL!!!

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I finally got it out of my system. The lack of some type of emblem on the hood was driving me crazy. It was as if the styling dept ran out of time and left the hood alone. Too much real estate on that hood to leave it empty. So....I bought "Supercharged" emblems and put them on last night.

I have some, I never put them on because I could never convince myself that I liked exactly where I was going to put them on the hood.

You seemed to have done well. (y)

I've seen some that were done horribly... :eek:

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thank you. I felt that putting further back looked "correct". I love the way they look.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Beautiful! I'm one that agrees that emblem looks good there.

Attachments

Confuzed1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Go Pack Go
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 PCP Redeye Challenger Widebody
Nicely done! Looks like it belongs there.

B5Cat16

Member ID
Reactions
City
S
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thank you. Appreciate the positive feedback.

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Beautiful! I'm one that agrees that emblem looks good there.
Does....
Seen it!

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Further refinement of my rear alignment settings, yesterday. Research and identification of every tab AAD makes, even some “off the chart” items. Had an excellent discussion with Zach yesterday. It was good to talk to someone who at least does autoX with the LX, and has supreme knowledge of these suspensions.

I need a couple of more smaller or 0.5mm increments tabs to make the toe do what I want with the new camber settings in the rear. I am determined to get the rear to hook up for me on this Redeye. It has been a bit illusive, even with giant rubber the clocks say. These little apps we use do record some amazing data during lapping;);) They say we get a reprieve and temps into the mid-60’s in a week or so. I will be able to checkout my hunch. Plus maybe even do a smoke show with some tires that are finished, and need a ceremony. Wonder if that Line Lock button really works?[twothumb]

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
New sway bar!
IMG_6349.JPG IMG_6350.JPG IMG_6351.JPG

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
I LOVE it, where did you get them?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Drove to get a pizza:)

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
Long drive, wash, and installed door projector lights. Nice to spend some time with the car today.

20201101_101742.jpg
20201101_123620.jpg

Last edited:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
Went for a ride. Got caught in the rain, which sucked! Weather forecast way off. Although many warn against it, I had no probs getting the car home on the rear Nitto NT05r drag radials. No abrupt movements is the key. Just like driving in the snow.

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Antonlo
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Went to cars and coffee with the club and low and behold P2174 code reared it’s ugly face.......again. Checking the map sensors because 2 of the 4 had oil. Of course it’s the one that isn’t easy to get to so after letting the car cool I’m gonna pull that one, the last one to check it. Next pull the throttle body but I’m wondering what’s going on. Any ideas or guidance from anyone’s knowledgeable mind? Any help will be much appreciated.

2016 Charger Hellcat
2.85 pulley
Boost-a-pump
Tuned

Respectfully,
Manuel

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk