Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What did you do to your Hellcat today?

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I just ordered mine direct. The stores that CLAIM to be the local dealers for Odyssey just bait and switch for their brand.
Shipping is pricey, but cheaper than aggravation and tow truck.
I also enjoy bypassing trade embargoes placed by local twits.
Why do they think places like Amazon are replacing them them?
Update: I crucified them all with a profanity-laced diatribe that I sent to all of the email addresses I could find on Odyssey's website, and encouraged Odyssey to drop them as distributors.

I do not take traitors lightly, even those who are traitors to someone else.

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
I'll admit, I just grabbed the battery on Amazon. Prime shipping, on my doorstep quick no hassle. Could be an issue if you need warranty though, not sure.

HarleyHetz

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
ARLINGTON
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Sublime Widebody Challenger Hellcat
I'll admit, I just grabbed the battery on Amazon. Prime shipping, on my doorstep quick no hassle. Could be an issue if you need warranty though, not sure.
I always do Batteries + Bulbs. They sell those Duracell batteries that I have had VERY good luck with...until I bought one for my trailer dolly recently, but they took it back and gave me a new one no problem! And, they are local, so that helps.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I couldn't find it on Amazon, dang it. The Odyssey 94R-850?

Ah, so, found it. Too late now, tho.

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
I took my 46 yr old son for a ride and when we returned home he told his mom, “He’s got a damn rocket” He said man that car moves. Then I told him that was the black key, mom won’t give me the red!

PJO

Member ID
Reactions
City
Louisville
State
KY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Too late, I know, but AutoZone has decent Odyssey battery prices. Took a day for a 94R-850 a few months ago.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Painted 2 more emblems.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I took my 46 yr old son for a ride and when we returned home he told his mom, “He’s got a damn rocket” He said man that car moves. Then I told him that was the black key, mom won’t give me the red!
It was an off day...so I just go to the lair open the drivers door...smell the leather...(both cars smell new)..then quickly close...Winter is more than half over...

DaveB

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Penhold
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Well...I didn't physically do anything....but I am amassing a few goodies. I have a LMI intake and Powerstop pads waiting for install. I have on order a DIRS diff brace and some black lug nuts. Did some calling around and found a shop about an hour away that does Hellcat pulleys, tunes, etc. They have done a bunch of crank pinning jobs, so I'm going to get them to do mine come spring time. Next month I will probably roll the beast out of the corner and install all the bolt-ons.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Knocked off 1/2 the painted emblems I put on yesterday. Must be bad tape.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Started a new mod.

Bought a new starter switch and tore it apart.

I stripped the paint off the button and painted it white... added a vinyl hellcat decal and will paint it the appropriate red. After that, I'll peel off the vinyl sticker to reveal the hellcat logo, in white!

A couple of coats of clear matte and shell be good as new!!!

I know there are stickers and stick on thingy's, out there. I like the process of doing something unique and keeping an OEM look.

While I'm at it, I'm going to change the on/run/acc lights to white, to match the rest of the car.

I'll post up, when I'm finished.

Bob
Riverside, California

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Nice reminder.

Back to the 94R-850: got it installed, vent tube sizes didn't match (I suspect prior owner didn't do something right with vent tube) so I jury-rigged a small tube go-between to get the battery to vent properly.

That battery is HEAVY.

However, like Optima before they became OptiMex, I expect it to last years and years. And years and years,

Shoot, if there was room in the floor pan depression for it, I would have dropped a gigantic big-rig battery in there. No such thing as too much weight on the right rear tire. (within reason, of course.)

Another advantage of the manual transmission is being able to use the starter to move the car around in first and reverse gear if something is amiss and engine won't start.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Nice reminder.

Back to the 94R-850: got it installed, vent tube sizes didn't match (I suspect prior owner didn't do something right with vent tube) so I jury-rigged a small tube go-between to get the battery to vent properly.

That battery is HEAVY.

However, like Optima before they became OptiMex, I expect it to last years and years. And years and years,

Shoot, if there was room in the floor pan depression for it, I would have dropped a gigantic big-rig battery in there. No such thing as too much weight on the right rear tire. (within reason, of course.)

Another advantage of the manual transmission is being able to use the starter to move the car around in first and reverse gear if something is amiss and engine won't start.
LOL.. an alarming group of HC owners..have no idea what that statement means

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Bought an ATI-damper-compatible-only accessory-underdrive-by-15-percent pulley just today from HPIndy. No way I'm letting a fat score like that escape.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Started a new mod.

Bought a new starter switch and tore it apart.

I stripped the paint off the button and painted it white... added a vinyl hellcat decal and will paint it the appropriate red. After that, I'll peel off the vinyl sticker to reveal the hellcat logo, in white!

A couple of coats of clear matte and shell be good as new!!!

I know there are stickers and stick on thingy's, out there. I like the process of doing something unique and keeping an OEM look.

While I'm at it, I'm going to change the on/run/acc lights to white, to match the rest of the car.

I'll post up, when I'm finished.

Bob
Riverside, California
Y'know what'd be cool? fully synchronized RGB control lighting for all non-DOT lighting on the car.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Well, except for that pesky neutral-safety switch...

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Y'know what'd be cool? fully synchronized RGB control lighting for all non-DOT lighting on the car.
I almost did that, for a SEMA build, on a 2010 Challenger, but the labor hours, for a mod that I could never sell, was prohibitive.

Instead, I changed all of the interior controls and speedometer to a very nice indigo blue.

Bob
Riverside, California

Hunter

8000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Washed the cat and truck.
Mid January, and pollen is already 16th of an inch thick all over car and truck.:mad:
Never really had a winter yet.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Brer fox threatened to throw me in the briar patch today: my car would not start.
Now I have to get the battery I have been looking for an excuse to get: the Odyssey AGM 94R-850.
No, brer fox! Don't THROW me in that briar patch!

I guess Optima got bought by some Efficient Profit Business types, as they have exported their manufacturing to Mehico, and the quality has unsurprisingly suffered.

I guess this is the end of my long time romance with the yellow top Optimas.

This is what happens when a bunch of shortsighted greedy people get ahold of a company.

Sad when a company tries to go from my "go to" battery to my "run away from" battery.

Note: I don't plan on ever buying an Optima again. They went full Obama on us, evidently, not just moving South, but quality has gone down the toilet.

Johnson Controls (globalist company that hires as few Americans as it can?) has backstabbed America.

I like the comment section:
View attachment 10274

They were once quite a good product, but in the late 2000s it went in the trash can. Just JUNK.

Read Benjamin Franklin's commentary on business and its chronic inability to have any national loyalty.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Since I lost one of them, I bolted my ZL1 splash guards on with self tapping screws, and then washed and applied Tech Shine to the entire car including the wheels that I had off to make room to drill holes and the brake calipers. I've been VERY happy with the way the product works on the paint...let's see how it does on the wheels!!
How did you lose the guard? Torn? Damn.