Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What good is a EV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat!
Then again, the Hummer EV and Ford Lightning seem to be huge hits.
Pure propaganda.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Pure propaganda.

The Lightning is sold out for 2022 you now have to wait for the 2023 order year to open. I just order my second one and was giving Premium Order availability so I know. Not sure why everyone here going nuts over Electrical Vehicles being all vehicles Ice or Electrical have challenges to all environments. Its all about cause and effect no matter what man made thing comes to be. One thing is always sacrificed for another thing its the Physical Universe we live in. I could be the radical Green person which I am not gong off on all the oil industry destruction over the last 100 plus years. But thats not who I am being I am car enthusiast enjoying technology in my lifetime I want to experience before I am no longer here or financially capable to enjoy. The next big thing will be the Drones and flying vehicles and guess many will say all the Negativity to that as well. Mankind doesn't like change thats just who we are and guess 100 years ago all th Horse and Buggy people were speaking in some ways the same as we are today against electric vehicles. No hate here being I am always glad not everyone wants what I have cause I can't stand everyone being given free stuff that most here bust there asses to own. When Dodge started the GIVE AWAY Hellcat Lease programs that too me was a TOTAL JOKE. I purchased at full retail my Hellcat in 2016 and then watched DODGE give Hellcats away. Meaning a kid could by a Hellcat and what a joke but yet whatever I hear most hear hating the Electric and thats an opinion I respect and not here to change anyone and this isn't my thread.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
A good ev is dead ev.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The next big thing will be the Drones and flying vehicles and guess many will say all the Negativity to that as well.
Many can barely handle driving with all the "helpful" nannies that cars have now. Adding a third dimension to the experience won't exactly help.

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Any vehicle "sold out" is relative.

What are the production numbers, for a given specialty vehicle? 10k units? 5k units?

How do those numbers compare to ICE production?

Once they are head to head, you will have a run for your money. Until then, any specialty vehicle is just that. I mean, look at the Heliphant engine. Very limited production numbers... sold out, immediately. They do that, for a reason. Same reason for any limited production run. Sales... In the case of an EV... propaganda. It HAS to be that way.

Propaganda is what is driving every single EV sale. They just make zero practicle sense, in our market.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Any vehicle "sold out" is relative.

What are the production numbers, for a given specialty vehicle? 10k units? 5k units?

How do those numbers compare to ICE production?

Once they are head to head, you will have a run for your money. Until then, any specialty vehicle is just that. I mean, look at the Heliphant engine. Very limited production numbers... sold out, immediately. They do that, for a reason. Same reason for any limited production run. Sales... In the case of an EV... propaganda. It HAS to be that way.

Propaganda is what is driving every single EV sale. They just make zero practicle sense, in our market.

Yes Propaganda is driving the EV phase for sure. 20k units allocated first year run due to supply constraints.
Yes I ain’t brain washed to the Green Agenda and as stated I am a car enthusiast to the max enjoying the latest greatest available technology. As far as zero sense can’t agree being the whole investment in the auto industry is going to EV. And the Charging station network is a huge undertaking going on as we speak. My point in this thread is Oil versus Electric being one is less harmful or even practical over the other is more than most will agree on. Both create challenges and as we can see some 100 plus years later the gas supplies still have challenges due to so many variables. You have the hate of Fossil Fuels more than ever not only for cars but what electrodes your home and the investors going different direction for future energy. Change is here and sadly so many want to argue and hate one another for there support whether it’s gas or electric. Mankind ain’t the smartest here on this physical planet called Mother Nature and as history has shown us Mother Nature will win in the end at mankind’s expense and Demise.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
... I know my one year old I-Phone that cycles about everyday says it has a 87% max today for charging strength.
That's what you get for buying that apple :)

OP
DGatzby

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Thread Starter #48
ALL batteries recharge the same, lose the ability to fully charge with each charge cycle.

Going back to EV’s that is why us real engineers are attempting to build a liquid battery. A Pumped Storage Hydro facility. Charges or pumps water uphill while the sun is shining, generates when the sun don’t shine when they reverse the water flow and it runs downhill and it turns generators.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Going back to EV’s that is why us real engineers are attempting to build a liquid battery. A Pumped Storage Hydro facility. Charges or pumps water uphill while the sun is shining, generates when the sun don’t shine when they reverse the water flow and it runs downhill and it turns generators.
Another attempt at a perpetuum mobile, huh?

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
IMG_20220624_171909_592.jpg

Diboblo

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Riverside
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes Propaganda is driving the EV phase for sure. 20k units allocated first year run due to supply constraints.
Yes I ain’t brain washed to the Green Agenda and as stated I am a car enthusiast to the max enjoying the latest greatest available technology. As far as zero sense can’t agree being the whole investment in the auto industry is going to EV. And the Charging station network is a huge undertaking going on as we speak. My point in this thread is Oil versus Electric being one is less harmful or even practical over the other is more than most will agree on. Both create challenges and as we can see some 100 plus years later the gas supplies still have challenges due to so many variables. You have the hate of Fossil Fuels more than ever not only for cars but what electrodes your home and the investors going different direction for future energy. Change is here and sadly so many want to argue and hate one another for there support whether it’s gas or electric. Mankind ain’t the smartest here on this physical planet called Mother Nature and as history has shown us Mother Nature will win in the end at mankind’s expense and Demise.
Yeah... I think we're in the same page, but auto makers are NOT making the decision to go electric.

Not one of them.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Interesting how so many are believing the shit show media. Meaning the Oil Companies and industry got crushed during the Scamdemic. The oil industry made a decision to not update many many refineries do to heavy regulations and fuel use disappeared. Add to the new regime in power being anti Fossil Fuels and the challenges continue for the industry. Investors are not excited at this time to invest do the Green Agenda movements and future of the industry. Truck drivers delivering fuel were laid off by the thousands and they have not come back. And fuel consumption is down do to the change of consumers use. Oil companies are bucking the trend and need higher priced fuel to recover there loses. And to a degree they see the dwindling window of returns and need bigger returns. I think it’s interesting on how one hand so many hate electric vehicles but in the other hand they hate to pay for what they feel is expensive fuel. Yes to a degree fuel is more expensive but reality is $4 fuel should be about the going rate. But it’s the double edged sword we want the best of both worlds being gas cars but cheap fuel to justify them. I’m not supporting the ass hats ruining this country but the oil companies are having to make hard choices to recoup expenses and the reality is higher priced fuel.

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yeah... I think we're in the same page, but auto makers are NOT making the decision to go electric.

Not one of them.

I started preaching this many years ago and yep I was the first one in the old forum pissing people off. The ass hats in these Board Rooms push this shit and then the dumb shit CEOs want there fat checks and listen to them. Then the stupid ass auto people sit in front of the governing world bodies and bend over to their demands. I get it and always have and the Ass Hats are yes creating the shit show that has not even begun here once this country goes broke in the near future.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Look at the bright side, At least you can’t end it all with a hose from the tail pipe to the cabin when your told you need a new battery and it’s warranty just expired last week 😂
No...theres a quicker..way..tie yer nads to one part of the battery..and stick yer tongue on another...zap !!!!...like a fly in a bug zapper...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Mankind ain't the smartest here on this planet
?????....yer not carrying on those late night conversations.with yer dogs again are you...o_Oo_Oo_O...I thought you promised yer therapist you were done with that:unsure::unsure:

Old Mopar Guy

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
15 Hellcat Challenger
My favorite EV:
2B6D7511-86EF-4F38-86BC-4B775796464B.jpeg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Many can barely handle driving with all the "helpful" nannies that cars have now. Adding a third dimension to the experience won't exactly help.
Back in the day...My CDL experience...was an R model mack tractor...no nannies in that war wagon...;)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Back in the day...My CDL experience...was an R model mack tractor...no nannies in that war wagon...;)
Somewhat like the '80 Pete I recently sold, I'm sure.

One thing I really liked was that the (air powered) wipers where completely independent of each other, with a separate knob for each side. Now some freak out if the wipers don't come on automatically if it starts raining.

You had to actually think when driving that one, which is why I liked it so much.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Pure propaganda.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2022-gmc-hummer-ev-18/

4 others sold over 220k each.
Not bad for a 100k EV SUV.

My brother works at a GMC dealer. Same guy bought 2 of them to flip. Made a cool 70k on each one. Had a deal worked out with another dealer for them.
Seems stupid but the only way these things are worth 200+ is because the demand is very high for them.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle