Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What is wrong with people these days

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The state of Alabama passed a law last year making it illegal to take more than 1.5 miles blocking the left lane while passing another vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Impeding the flow of traffic is illegal. I don't ever see a cop writing a ticket for it though. Makes me wish I drove something as tough as a tank so I could knock their a$$es out of the way when they block the left lane. Pisses me off to no end!

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I came to the realization that most just stumble through life and have no idea what they are doing. They see a park lot and park next to a car since they think that must be where they are suppose to park and the rest of the parking lot is off limits. Goes the same for people driving. They just drive and have no idea how fast they are going "this speed feels right" or "I have to catch the car ahead of me because I'm behind" It is 55 around me being for the most part I'm out in the country. I normally drive under 60 with the cruise on (best car option ever) and there is no one around then a mile down the road someone is right on top on me. Hell how fast are you going?
They are sheep and they have no idea what to do without a sheep herder telling them what to do! Gotta stay with the pack. I'm a wolf. I don't put up with their $#^t.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It is 55 around me being for the most part I'm out in the country. I normally drive under 60 with the cruise on (best car option ever) and there is no one around then a mile down the road someone is right on top on me. Hell how fast are you going?
That could've been me.
It's 55 and 60 around here, too, but I prefer 80-120.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
That could've been me.
It's 55 and 60 around here, too, but I prefer 80-120.
You do know taxi's can't go that fast so just pass me;)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I forget. The taxameter would freak out if you did try. My bad.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
Impeding the flow of traffic is illegal. I don't ever see a cop writing a ticket for it though. Makes me wish I drove something as tough as a tank so I could knock their a$$es out of the way when they block the left lane. Pisses me off to no end!
I've always wanted a six wheel dump with machine gun and a V snowplow.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
This is the closest I have. The one on the left has a dozer blade on it now.
They're not fast, though. 55 tops. DSCN0958.JPG

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Jimmy, how about ass end shot of those work horses, looks like out riggers for the one on the left, do they 3 point hitch and PTO.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The pictured ones have backhoes (Case 580s), but I also have two with knuckle boom cranes (forklifts in the front) and one with a trencher. That's the one i borrowed the dozer blade from.

No free (not in use) PTOs or any 3-points on those, but I recently got a civilian version (MB 4/94) that has front and rear PTOs, would accept a rear 3-point, and hydraulics front and rear. Plus an extra PTO driven hydraulic pump.
I may sell that one, though, since I probably won't get around to making that one the "snowblower mobile". DSCN0799.JPG DSCN0756.JPG DSCN1499.JPG .

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Holy shit Batman that is multi tasking right there. The case 580 is a great machine, I will vouch for that I have one. Is that a extend a hoe. It looks like the outrigger can go straight down keeping width narrow for tight side clearance, or at a 45 degree for more stability no? Talk about a trencher, that thing is A Ditch Witch on steroids and Plutonium.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
No, but they did make some extend-a-hoes for the MB4/94s, but they are somewhat rare.
The outriggers are standard 580 issue, it's just that these are mounted on the Unimog so that they can "lay down".

The trencher is a Vermeer, good for about eight feet as I recall. But that one, called an HME, is rare.
They made 13 of them.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Exactly.......all happening at the same time on 6 lane wide freeways that all interconnect.

View attachment 23961
No f*ckin way could I live in an area with that kinda traffic...no amount of money in the world...thats beyond crazy...

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
This is the closest I have. The one on the left has a dozer blade on it now.
They're not fast, though. 55 tops. View attachment 24001
I didn't see a 50 Cal..Got to love a UniMog

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
The way things are going, my interest in a .50 has been renewed. May just get one, soon.

Trucker Bob

Member ID
Reactions
City
Out of IL. Thank God
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger M6
I think this would work

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That'd definitely work. A friend here has one.
I had a semi-auto Barrett in mind.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
With my back and knees, I'd really prefer something that I could carry. At least in theory.

RAMBLE1

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
NORTH FLORIDA
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 CHALLENGER HELLCAT TorRed RED / REDEYE
Why not up the ante to one of these?
I did testing with these on Blackhawks in the late '80's, and they were pretty awesome. Especially when someone else is paying for the ammo :p

Is that an option on the new TRX RAM?

Av8ing1

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Marcos
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Oh sure....you ain't carrying that .50 cal Gatling gun anywhere. It was a fun experiment on the Blackhawk, and with a helo load of ammo, it was pretty devastating. It's big gun, and it doesn't mount in the gunners window on the Blackhawk. They decided to stay with regular .30 cal. miniguns for that role. You can carry significantly more ammo for equal or less weight.

I like the Barrett, and wouldn't mind owning one. Unfortunately I live in a Communist controlled State that won't allow private ownership of them.

Doesn't bother me. I figure I'll be able to pick one up after the party starts. Or a nice M2HB mounted on a vehicle.
The CA 50 BMG ban is a typical stupid California law. However, there are alternatives.
http://www.gunwiki.net/Gunwiki/LegalCaliforniaAbout50calBans
From the above link:

Additionally, alternate calibers have been developed which have performance similar to or greater than the 50 BMG.

• 408 Cheytac: A very expensive round which is fired primarily through the Chey-Tac Intervention Rifle (which is based on the EDM Arms Windrunner platform).
  • 416 Barrett: A pricy caliber which burns up barrels faster due to its higher twist rate, this is a flatter-shooting round with more kinetic energy than the 50 BMG.
  • 460 Steyr: This is another competing round in the BMG energy range, which I don't have much info on.
  • 50 DTC-EDM / 510 DTC Europ: Check the DTC Article for full details on this round and its history. This round is functionally the same thing as 50 BMG, using the same components (with some work on the brass) and comparable if not identical load data.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.416_Barrett
Available in 416 Barrett:
https://barrett.net/products/firearms/model82a1

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeah......that's a morning and evening rush hour daily ritual......and it's 3x worse when it rains.
Troop...wtf...its bumper to bumper...how could it get any worse...