Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What was your "drivers ed" car?

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
It’s a shame schools don’t provide it any more. The local dealership used to donate a car for our classes. My first exposure to that “new car smell” :)

2.jpg

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
Bet ya still remember the girl in school with the biggest bazoombas though don't ya
Went to an all male (1500) vocational HS. We had the best sports teams in area and also all the gangsters (welding & auto shop). Car was a yr old 65 Dodge, brn, dual controls & father time as the instructor. As far as the "Biggest Bazoombas," it was a 65 yr old English teacher..........It was horrible...:cry:

Yoguard

Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Rochester
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat
LOL...funny the way that works...49 years later I can still see Joanne Fahey in those tight sweaters like it was yesterday:love::love::love:
I heard Joanne transed into Johnny......with the big hairy chest.....:ROFLMAO:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I heard Joanne transed into Johnny......with the big hairy chest.....:ROFLMAO:
Actually a friend of mine saw her at a funeral a month ago...married with two kids...and still looks great..he tried to get a pic of her on his cell phone for me...uhh his wife nixed that deal..so I still have the 71 image of her burned into the fleshy tablets of my mind....:sneaky::sneaky:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Went to an all male (1500) vocational HS. We had the best sports teams in area and also all the gangsters (welding & auto shop). Car was a yr old 65 Dodge, brn, dual controls & father time as the instructor. As far as the "Biggest Bazoombas," it was a 65 yr old English teacher..........It was horrible...:cry:
Show some respect....shes past on now...and can probably hear you:eek:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
More like longest bazoombas. :LOL:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
'73 Roadrunner

Pic is example from web
RoadRunner...they lost me after the 70 MY

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Drivers ed? Mine was my brother Dan. Pinto manual. Bottom of the steepest hill in the neighborhood...ok Jim, lets go! Guess that's the beginning of my journey with manuals!

Attachments

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Bet ya still remember the girl in school with the biggest bazoombas though don't ya
Oh and re: biggest bazoombas. She had all the guys, but she also was a smart one. We were in Chemistry class together...think we were one of the early friends with benefits....hmmm, hadn't thought of that in a long time 😈

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
anyone want to be truthful???? horse pulled carriage with stone wheels??? LMAO:p
In your part of PA..they still use em...:unsure::unsure:
In Chatta. the Dodge Corp sponsored the ed classes so it would have been an early 70's modle sumtin. But it was always a 2 to 3 year old nice clean car. Then with low mileage they would sell as a trade in. The cars were all ways nicer than the gals I dated. Kinda like now except no gals, just a cat.
Oh and re: biggest bazoombas. She had all the guys, but she also was a smart one. We were in Chemistry class together...think we were one of the early friends with benefits....hmmm, hadn't thought of that in a long time 😈
WOW...Bazoombas and brains...a rare combo...hadn't thought bout her...but never forgot either...oh the mental images you must:censored::censored::censored: have filed away...

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
In your part of PA..they still use em...:unsure::unsure:

WOW...Bazoombas and brains...a rare combo...hadn't thought bout her...but never forgot either...oh the mental images you must:censored::censored::censored: have filed away...
No, I will never forget Shelly! Great memories, great images. Sadly she met her demise way too young, RIP !

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
RoadRunner...they lost me after the 70 MY

We also had a '69

'71 wasn't my favorite, '72 was ok, '73-74 I like, '75 was poo

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Show some respect....shes past on now...and can probably hear you:eek:
Detention!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Would have been some early 70's four door in class. Did most of my early driving in a '67 Impala 4dr 327 4 bbl, and a '72 Charger 318ci.

Do they still do Drivers Ed in schools? Never would think so as bad as these idiots are driving now.
Michigan still does and the way most people drive here I don't see what the point of it is since they are not doing what they need to be. Turn signals seems to be the worst. I have followed people and watched they make 3 turns and never use it. Or making a left turn with traffic around. I think they taught them that they are optional

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
burgundy 83 or 84 Olds Cutlass Cierra.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
M151A2

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Gotta believe it was around a 78 Ford LTD station wagon in a nice shade of tan.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Drivers ed in High School. It was a 1977 Pontiac Catalina Light blue, with light blue interior. 301 V8 Lic # DED1, Pontiac Motor Division donated a fleet of six cars every year to be used by the High School Drivers Ed course. PMD was in the city I lived in. A very nice car to learn to drive with. I already knew how to drive, from driving farm vehicles. And Dad would let me sit on his lap and steer the car home from Kindergarten. The first day out on the road. The instructor told me to drive. He said to take it out on the freeway, I did. and I drove a perfect six miles with the speedometer needle exactly at 55 MPH, no variation at all. He looked over at me and asked, " How long have you been driving"? I replied "All my life". I never got to drive again throughout the course. LOL My parents had a 1977 Pontiac Bonneville That I took the license test with. LOL nearly the same car as the Driver ed car. the test took maybe 15 minutes. He ran me down a side street, and had me curb park. told me to go to the garage and we were done.

Last edited:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I took driver's Ed in '81 and my high school had a '79 or '80 Olds Cutlass, and a Chevette I think.
I took my drivers test in an '81 Ford Ecsort that my parents rented for the day for that purpose. They figured I might mess up on the parallel parking part of the test if I used the Road Runner or the Satellite. Back then you only got 3 shots during the test to parallel park correctly, and if you failed that part, you failed the entire driving test. That tiny Ford sure made life easier that day.