Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What's next....I need a better 60'

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
When I did mine I had my weight in the driver's seat only and had the rear camber set to .5 + camber . So far so good .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
I originally had the +.5 camber but I dialed it back to half that now. The reason was my observation that the car is not really squatting enough to flatten that out for more than a second and it is going to start going positive as it gets down the track. For me that is a problem. The car is putting down so much power that I can’t afford to be back up on the outside edge at half track. I was feeling the car loose at 130 mph. I guess the point would be that everybody has to pay attention and understand what’s going on and make adjustments. Right now I’m running a little in on my toe. Getting a handle on the toe adjustments with the AAD is more of a challenge than the camber. I ended up in when I was shooting for zero. Then I’m pulling 1.2x sixty ft and going wtf. Plus it is stable in a straight line. I’m going to move it back out toward zero, but I’m paying attention.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I originally had the +.5 camber but I dialed it back to half that now. The reason was my observation that the car is not really squatting enough to flatten that out for more than a second and it is going to start going positive as it gets down the track. For me that is a problem. The car is putting down so much power that I can’t afford to be back up on the outside edge at half track. I was feeling the car loose at 130 mph. I guess the point would be that everybody has to pay attention and understand what’s going on and make adjustments. Right now I’m running a little in on my toe. Getting a handle on the toe adjustments with the AAD is more of a challenge than the camber. I ended up in when I was shooting for zero. Then I’m pulling 1.2x sixty ft and going wtf. Plus it is stable in a straight line. I’m going to move it back out toward zero, but I’m paying attention.
I`m testing now and will adjust accordingly . I have a few different suspension components and settings so I have to test .

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I see a lot of people outside of the hellcat world running the hoosier dr2. Why is that not a popular option for us? The 325 45 18 has almost identical sidewall as the 315 50 17 MT but 5 lbs less weight per tire. Seems like it would be a great combo for a 3.09 geared car. 30" tall tire with a lot of sidewall plus less weight seems like a winner. Do they not hook?
I think not too many people are running 18's , most are on 17's & the high hp guys are on 15's.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Do you sit in the car when it's getting aligned ?... I think that would be good to do too ?
no , because I`m the one doing it. ;)

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

I wish I had access to an alignment rack (and knew how to use it...)

:(

zhc

Founding Member
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
I see a lot of people outside of the hellcat world running the hoosier dr2. Why is that not a popular option for us? The 325 45 18 has almost identical sidewall as the 315 50 17 MT but 5 lbs less weight per tire. Seems like it would be a great combo for a 3.09 geared car. 30" tall tire with a lot of sidewall plus less weight seems like a winner. Do they not hook?
The Hoosiers have a softer sidewall which generally do not work well with heavier cars or higher power levels.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
So you could have someone else sit in it or you think it doesn't matter ?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Or throw a couple of bags of potatoes on the front seat....

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
The trade off with going to the bigger tire is weight. They are heavier. One could assume that its going to cost you some mph. It will be interesting to actually see the results with a highly documented performance car such as yours. Looking forward to reading all about it.
@Marc W and others

Question on tires, front ones though but I’ll mention what I’m running out back for 60’ time which is the 315/50/17 MT Street R. My 1/4 speeds with a 10.6 1/4 1.50 60’ where 134-135 pretty consistently. At this time I had cheap ass old and hard Auturo 850 275/40-20 fronts. I changed the fronts to Nitto 275/40-20 555 G2 and noticed I lost 3-4 mph on the top end. Can’t figure out where it went. I even re-dyno’d the car to make sure I wasn’t down on power, it wasn’t, 855 wheel as usual. I pulled off one miraculous 9.998 run pulling a Hooked like never before 1.39 60’ and power shifting the whole way, right foot never left the carpet (M6), was the elusive perfect manual run. The ET was great but I would have expected the MPH be 137-138 but still slower then my historic 134-135 with 10.6 1/4’s before the front tire change. Can a change in front tires account for that kind of mph loss ?? If not what else to look for possibly??

2C0C5E4D-E916-4F0B-B899-60BF29E3096A.jpeg

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
@Marc W and others

Question on tires, front ones though but I’ll mention what I’m running out back for 60’ time which is the 315/50/17 MT Street R. My 1/4 speeds with a 10.6 1/4 1.50 60’ where 134-135 pretty consistently. At this time I had cheap ass old and hard Auturo 850 275/40-20 fronts. I changed the fronts to Nitto 275/40-20 555 G2 and noticed I lost 3-4 mph on the top end. Can’t figure out where it went. I even re-dyno’d the car to make sure I wasn’t down on power, it wasn’t, 855 wheel as usual. I pulled off one miraculous 9.998 run pulling a Hooked like never before 1.39 60’ and power shifting the whole way, right foot never left the carpet (M6), was the elusive perfect manual run. The ET was great but I would have expected the MPH be 137-138 but still slower then my historic 134-135 with 10.6 1/4’s before the front tire change. Can a change in front tires account for that kind of mph loss ?? If not what else to look for possibly??

View attachment 19925
The 555's must have some grip. Rolling resistance is all I can think of. But 3-4mph in the 1/4 is quite a bit.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
it would be a first for sure, I don`t feel it would make enough of a difference.(at least for what I`m doing) my main concern is rear wheels square to the asphalt on launch an toe settings for the track an going to leave caster an camber alone on frt end because it`s within spec, only change on frt will be slight toe adjustment.
all adjustments to the AAD arms etc. are being done with weight in the trunk to simulate squat. never tryed this method before so I`m hoping it works. next weekend will be the test in Napierville Quebec:) along with

Demonsrt, Hpindy, MarkP, I think Frenchcat, an of course Moparjim who lives there.;)
I have made a ton of changes from last year, for sure will seem like a different car. ton of money too:cry:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Sorry but the only suggestion about the fronts I can make is go to a frontrunner. The weight savings with the lighter wheel and tire, in addition to the decreased rolling resistance, will show up on your time slip. The M/T Sportsman is even a excellent street tire and is designed for the heavy weight of these cars. I run mine at 40 lbs on the street and go up to 65 lbs for the track. C6046C96-2D73-4D5C-9CCF-4D9FD468B6EB.jpeg

Last edited:

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
There were quite a few guys who ran Slicks with the 6 speed HCs.

I've been running 18s, 309 gears and MT ETrs since 2015. It's a combo My husband thought worked well together. I'm hooking with it and I'm not changing.
I like it and now there are better suspension parts available. I've talked to Josh@HHP about upgrading some of my suspension parts.😎

For those who have just started the modifying process to go Fasster have part options that make everything easier!

Linda:)

Last edited:
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mars
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger Hellcat
I'd be thrilled with those 60' times. What mods on yours like pulleys etc and what are your 1/4 ET and MPH? Sounds like we're pretty close on everything you listed so now my ears are perked up LOL
Yes I believe our cars are very close. I tune into your videos and enjoy your approach toward your car as it’s very similar to mine. I have an ati lower and I’ll alternate a 2.85/2.65 upper. Same Id injectors as you and a flow master air intake. Aluminum ds and the original diff brace. 29” tall rear tire and front racestars with m&h skinnies. Full interior as I’ve never removed any seats. This setup has me going 9.6’s @ 143 in relatively good air(around 1500 da). Car just performs flawless with Mike’s tuning.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Sorry but the only suggestion about the fronts I can make is go to a frontrunner. The weight savings with the lighter wheel and tire, in addition to the decreased rolling resistance, will show up on your time slip. The M/T Sportsman is even a excellent street tire and is designed for the heavy weight of these cars. I run mine at 40 lbs on the street and go up to 65 lbs for the track. View attachment 19926
That hood looks awesome & the whole car !
I am kinda surprised that you run your front tire psi that low , I was running mine at 80psi.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #56
Yes I believe our cars are very close. I tune into your videos and enjoy your approach toward your car as it’s very similar to mine. I have an ati lower and I’ll alternate a 2.85/2.65 upper. Same Id injectors as you and a flow master air intake. Aluminum ds and the original diff brace. 29” tall rear tire and front racestars with m&h skinnies. Full interior as I’ve never removed any seats. This setup has me going 9.6’s @ 143 in relatively good air(around 1500 da). Car just performs flawless with Mike’s tuning.
Cool, your ATI lower 2.85 upper combo would be real close to my Litens 2.72 upper stock lower setup. My 305/45/17 ET Street Rs are 28" tall. I do remove my passenger seat and have a rear seat delete so a bit of weight off.

Mike sent me a recent revision that I think helped a lot. We'll see in the fall I reckon. I'm gonna talk to Parker about the AAD drag package. I've not fooled with adjustable suspension beyond shocks, how tough are adjustments to make? Assume something you can do at the track on jack stands?

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Cool, your ATI lower 2.85 upper combo would be real close to my Litens 2.72 upper stock lower setup. My 305/45/17 ET Street Rs are 28" tall. I do remove my passenger seat and have a rear seat delete so a bit of weight off.

Mike sent me a recent revision that I think helped a lot. We'll see in the fall I reckon. I'm gonna talk to Parker about the AAD drag package. I've not fooled with adjustable suspension beyond shocks, how tough are adjustments to make? Assume something you can do at the track on jack stands?
The AAD stuff is super easy . Jack ther car up , remove the wheel and replace the tabs .

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat

not hard at all, I finished up the alignment today set camber as close to zero as as I could get an toe at zero with weight in the trunk. AAD give you an assortment of tabs to change length of upper arms. finished up with #4s on left side an #6s on right...............totally different car with AAD full kit an the BMR lock out kit. car feels like its on rails, no wiggle over uneven pavement. do the cradle lock out first, you will notice a difference for sure.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
not hard at all, I finished up the alignment today set camber as close to zero as as I could get an toe at zero with weight in the trunk. AAD give you an assortment of tabs to change length of upper arms. finished up with #4s on left side an #6s on right...............totally different car with AAD full kit an the BMR lock out kit. car feels like its on rails, no wiggle over uneven pavement. do the cradle lock out first, you will notice a difference for sure.
Great now I want to spend more money.🤣
I don't have an issue you know where. The other 3 tracks is a whole other story. It would be nice to get some help there.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Mars
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 challenger Hellcat

I am interested in seeing some results from the AAD products also. I myself have not fooled with suspension on this modern lx platform.