Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Whats your favorite "Sleeper" car of all-time?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Def a good one. Can you say 'power to wieght'.
It was no bigger than an mgb...never remember him smokin the tires..but always wound it out..every time he left the driveway...he never drove it in the winter...was unheard of in the mid 60's...lmao...I remember my father shakin his head..all he would say is..that guys a crackpot...my guess he was just a car guy

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Speaking of which, the 2004-2006 GTO was a sleeper in my opinion. Few people really knew what it was and with the 6.0 NA tossing 400/400 it was pretty damn fast for the time and was ridiculously mod friendly.
My first ever brand new car was a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8, had a lot of GTOs sleep on me. Drove past every one, I did lose to a new C6 Corvette with it though. That 300 SRT8 was a fun car to have back then, most people didn't know what it was and I went a best of 12.9@109 with it stock. There were not a lot of other cars that could run that back then...let alone 4-door sedans!

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
My first ever brand new car was a 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT8, had a lot of GTOs sleep on me. Drove past every one, I did lose to a new C6 Corvette with it though. That 300 SRT8 was a fun car to have back then, most people didn't know what it was and I went a best of 12.9@109 with it stock. There were not a lot of other cars that could run that back then...let alone 4-door sedans!
I remember walking into a Chrysler dealer in 2006 to spec a black 300C SRT8 out. Sales guys was nice enough to give a 26 year old a moment of his time and indulge me; it never came to fruition (took my commission and the Army consumed my time) - but that was the most gangster car I could have thought to have at the time. And to think I was driving a black turbo Buick, my MCSS, and a few other toys.

It is no surprise I landed in a Hellcat 14 years later.

Our 2007 TBSS is a bit of an unknown commodity on the roads... that AWD system always gives it a seasonal advantage off the line.

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
70 Dart swinger with a 340, friend had one in high school and it showed its tail lights to a lot of big blocks back in the day.