Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Wow Ram has a 500 mile Range 800 HP Electric Truck coming😳

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
At least it looks better then the others if the teaser is close. Should have rounder wheel well openings not the square gm ones

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
If that is on tap for pickups, imagine the potential for a little car. Everyone get this in the video?

D035487E-D024-44A7-9BDF-23B04F6F0259.png

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #4
Yeh I know many here are not excited about the electric but it’s happening and trucks will be smoking so many ICE cars insane. And yeh the cars HP will probably be capped eventually. Ice couldn’t as easily get these huge HP numbers that we are getting ready to witness. And damn 500 mile ranges change everything. Yes I know the huge challenges about electric but the movement ain’t stopping.

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
nice to see tech is getting better but need to be towing 7,000 lbs that distance before I would consider it.

MiHiHemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Parker
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT 426
I’d guess to get even close to 500 mi it would be a rear wheel drive only. Give me something that’s 4WD and will tow for 300 miles and maybe I’d think about it. Oh yeah, and not take an hour to full charge.

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
nice to see tech is getting better but need to be towing 7,000 lbs that distance before I would consider it.
Start considering it because it's inevitable, they have electric trucks now that have over 10,000 pounds of torque which is Mind Blowing.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I’d guess to get even close to 500 mi it would be a rear wheel drive only. Give me something that’s 4WD and will tow for 300 miles and maybe I’d think about it. Oh yeah, and not take an hour to full charge.

This is what kills trucks as an EV in my mind. If you're towing/hauling, you're likely in a mode of needing to "be on your way" as it were. Whether it be work, or roadtrip, neither has time for anyone to say "I've got to stop" for X-amount of recharge time.

What, 8 hours every 300 miles?

Yeah, that works...:rolleyes:

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
I think the front end looks good but give me a Hemi.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
At least it looks better then the others if the teaser is close. Should have rounder wheel well openings not the square gm ones
I agree. Squared wheel openings are disjointed and ugly as hell. GM had those and improved the look of their trucks by getting rid of them. So now Ram because it’s electric decides to ugly it up? 😖

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Here’s a thought concerning towing. My race trailer has a nice big 50amp generator 🤓. Getting my drift? How bout charging the truck with the Gen going down the road and get unlimited mileage until you have to stop to put 5 gallons of gas in the Gen (every 10 hours). 😜

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Okay, so it looks like crap, but if it would indeed get 500 miles on a charge, it might be enough for a round trip to Costco in real life, which is about 300 miles.

How far would it get towing something? That's a completely moot point for us. My girlfriend flat refuses to tow anything with a 1/2-ton (and I don't blame her), while I have tried a couple of times - with predictable results.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Dying to see one towing a big ass cigarette boat (named Menthol or JUUL) with 3 or 4 150hp gas powered Merc's hanging on the transom ............................

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Well, if for some obscure reason you believe the J2807 ratings, a 1/2-ton can tow an awful lot.

But then there's real life.

Last edited:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yeh I know many here are not excited about the electric but it’s happening and trucks will be smoking so many ICE cars insane. And yeh the cars HP will probably be capped eventually. Ice couldn’t as easily get these huge HP numbers that we are getting ready to witness. And damn 500 mile ranges change everything. Yes I know the huge challenges about electric but the movement ain’t stopping.
Bowel movement..:poop::poop:

2pac

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 charger hellcat
Sometimes I think @ChargerChallenger likes seeing the pitch forks 🤣🤣🤣🤣.

500 mile range is awesome for a truck.

My points of contention with the ev push are charge rate and charging locations. If they can do something like tesla where it's up to 80% in 20 minutes or less then it's fine but if it's hours then it's not ready yet. Also locations is a big issue as well, having one station within a 100 mile radius will make dealing with it a waste of time.

Also curious to see the price point and the at home options as well.

Wizza

Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stafford
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Charger Hellcat
well you know my opinion on the matter......I don't care if it can go round the world in 80 days personally...just not a sustainable platform to depend on

Taking bets on how long these "modern" EVs will still be on the road 20 years later in this disposable society.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Sometimes I think
500 mile range is awesome for a truck..
Really? I can do better than that with my Ram 3500 pulling 25,000 lbs. And I can replenish the factory 74 gallon fuel capacity in a matter of minutes.

But there are times when even that gets a bit tricky, as the fuel level start getting low and it's over 100 miles to the next station. Then I have to stop prematurely, to play it safe.

Surely it would go much, much, farther if not towing and getting about 10 mpg, but if not towing...why drive the 3500 in the first place?

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Man @ChargerChallenger it was a nail biter. 😂 What a circus. Just watching that gave me a headache. Way too much planning needed and then you still get boned. No thanks. I’ll keep my ICE vehicles.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Man @ChargerChallenger it was a nail biter. 😂 What a circus. Just watching that gave me a headache. Way too much planning needed and then you still get boned. No thanks. I’ll keep my ICE vehicles.
CC...thrives on that stuff...I'm just the opposite..I decided today I'm headin to Sarasota to pick up a motorcycle...leavin Thursday afternoon,,,pick up the bike hang out for the day...be back in WNY by Sunday afternoon...me and a buddy will drive straight through both ways...no big plans..dont even know the route till I plug it in the GPS when we hit the road....NO WAY I try that with an EV truck...