Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

840HP Mode

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Stock - Track Mode I cannot detect a loss of power with very aggressive driving (you would not be close to this aggressive on the street) or with a bit of slippage (closed course and I have driven the piss out of them). Can't speak for the other modes. Sport Mode will allow you to drift from what I understand.
Howdy Sir! Do you think it has anything to due with being in the custom setting that I have? Trans = track, traction = sport, susp = street.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
To be clear, if I mash the gas and are heavily spinning the rear tires it will indeed drift with ease. I seem to run into the problem when I'm on the brink of spinning heavily and trying to retain traction while the transmission shifts. As soon as it shifts it's like it cuts power, especially if the car is starting to slide sideways in the least bit.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Howdy Sir! Do you think it has anything to due with being in the custom setting that I have? Trans = track, traction = sport, susp = street.
To be clear, if I mash the gas and are heavily spinning the rear tires it will indeed drift with ease. I seem to run into the problem when I'm on the brink of spinning heavily and trying to retain traction while the transmission shifts. As soon as it shifts it's like it cuts power, especially if the car is starting to slide sideways in the least bit.
I don’t know. With that custom setting it should not cut power. I use full track mode on the courses and attempt to drive to its max. Like I said with both a Hellcat and now a RE I have not detected a loss, and on one of our turns in particular they have more than once had the rear hang out a bit because my foot was a little too quick. I believe it would just drift IF I did not get out a little to bring it back. Ha, I may just try to drift it this season once or twice with these tires I am attempting to take out, and we can look at the videos and my instrumentation and see what it does. Try to take everything off (press TC until chime) and compare what it does. That description of drifting under power with a concurrent upshift — now that could be a no go for it, I have not tried.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I don’t know. With that custom setting it should not cut power. I use full track mode on the courses and attempt to drive to its max. Like I said with both a Hellcat and now a RE I have not detected a loss, and on one of our turns in particular they have more than once had the rear hang out a bit because my foot was a little too quick. I believe it would just drift IF I did not get out a little to bring it back. Ha, I may just try to drift it this season once or twice with these tires I am attempting to take out, and we can look at the videos and my instrumentation and see what it does. Try to take everything off (press TC until chime) and compare what it does. That description of drifting under power with a concurrent upshift — now that could be a no go for it, I have not tried.
Thanks! I guess that brings one more question... Are you in manual mode?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks! I guess that brings one more question... Are you in manual mode?
Ha, no have not tried yet. I may try full manual on some session this year. With real balls, even turn off all the granny control? You may just try that if you want to really drift it. When you said yours tried to upshift in a drift, your serious!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Ha, no have not tried yet. I may try full manual on some session this year. With real balls, even turn off all the granny control? You may just try that if you want to really drift it. When you said yours tried to upshift in a drift, your serious!
I have shut off all the nannies... unless I am doing something wrong. I am doing a full 5 to 6 second hold on the traction button until it chimes and shows me on the screen in red that traction is off. As I've mentioned in the past maybe I'm just super sensitive to any form of traction/stability control, even when it's "off" simply because my last four vehicles (Viper's and SRT-10 Ram's) had no traction or stability control of any kind.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have shut off all the nannies... unless I am doing something wrong. I am doing a full 5 to 6 second hold on the traction button until it chimes and shows me on the screen in red that traction is off. As I've mentioned in the past maybe I'm just super sensitive to any form of traction/stability control, even when it's "off" simply because my last four vehicles (Viper's and SRT-10 Ram's) had no traction or stability control of any kind.
From what I understand and have experienced it should nearly fly not impeded after you do that. Should be big fun, if not maybe have these tuners have a look for you??

Member ID
Reactions
City
Worcester
State
MA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
From what I understand and have experienced it should nearly fly not impeded after you do that. Should be big fun, if not maybe have these tuners have a look for you??
As soon as spring rolls and the beast comes back out I'll have to see if I can get a buddy to do a ride-a-long and video it. Better yet I'll mount my GoPro inside my car somewhere to see if I can capture it.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #69
Okay so I asked another question about the HO upgrade, pertaining to killer chiller and was told this : "The HO kit will allow the chiller to work in drag mode."

I was also wondering does anyone know where the BCM is located? Replacing it with a custom one is something that needs to be done, I know where the PCM is, but not sure on the BCM. Trying to figure out if I can do this install myself (I prefer to).

Also in HO mode a Hellcat will read 800hp and the Redeye will read 840hp. From my understanding they can make the hp read anywhere from 27hp-1022hp lol.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The hellcat has been out since 15" and from my understanding no one has made a true flex setup until now for our cars. How many people have blown up their E85 cars because they either forgot to or don't test ethanol content? This will surely help with that. Might not be ground breaking to you, but this is exiting news for a lot of people (including myself). I appreciate pretty much any added aftermarket advancements no matter how little or small on our platforms. Having more options is far better than having less. Sorry your not impressed by this, but I am and felt the need to share it with others looking for a flex setup.
My car already has a flex tune from Curt Dusterhoff. It automatically adjusts for alcohol content in the fuel. Admittedly Curt provides options based on the customer. The tune can be very aggressive for E85 if the customer wants to test their fuel or has a known good E85 source, however for a car like mine, Curt understands pump E85 can vary in quality so my tune isn't a full kill aggressive tune even when E85 is being used, this allows for some variability in the fuel. My car makes 892whp on E85 with a 2.85 pulley at 14psi so I'd say Curt's tune is already doing very well, I have no complaints and I can run whatever fuel I want without adjusting the tune.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #71
My car already has a flex tune from Curt Dusterhoff. It automatically adjusts for alcohol content in the fuel. Admittedly Curt provides options based on the customer. The tune can be very aggressive for E85 if the customer wants to test their fuel or has a known good E85 source, however for a car like mine, Curt understands pump E85 can vary in quality so my tune isn't a full kill aggressive tune even when E85 is being used, this allows for some variability in the fuel. My car makes 892whp on E85 with a 2.85 pulley at 14psi so I'd say Curt's tune is already doing very well, I have no complaints and I can run whatever fuel I want without adjusting the tune.
From my understanding Curt doesn't use a flex fuel sensor. So that would leave me to believe that the flex tune is calculated as Satera described "flex fuel" to this point was anticipated logic. And the way it displays ethanol content is purely by a math equation and fuel trims. All true flex fuel setups that I know of use a flex fuel sensor. Curt's version is definitely the cheaper route, but Tim Barth's route allows for the HO upgrade (which is exclusive to him and AJ). I'm interested in that because it allows for 2 easy tunes with the push of a button, plus the drag mode settings, and my Redeye's killer chiller working in drag mode as well.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with either Curt or Tim. They are both reputable tuners. You just gotta choose the options best suited for your specific needs. I think I'll start with the HO upgrade (stock demon tune) and then build on it.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
From my understanding Curt doesn't use a flex fuel sensor. So that would leave me to believe that the flex tune is calculated as Satera described "flex fuel" to this point was anticipated logic. And the way it displays ethanol content is purely by a math equation and fuel trims. All true flex fuel setups that I know of use a flex fuel sensor. Curt's version is definitely the cheaper route, but Tim Barth's route allows for the HO upgrade (which is exclusive to him and AJ). I'm interested in that because it allows for 2 easy tunes with the push of a button, plus the drag mode settings, and my Redeye's killer chiller working in drag mode as well.

Either way I don't think you can go wrong with either Curt or Tim. They are both reputable tuners. You just gotta choose the options best suited for your specific needs. I think I'll start with the HO upgrade (stock demon tune) and then build on it.
Curt's tune uses the wideband O2 sensors that are in the exhaust stream to measure ethanol content. I believe he admits that's its about 90% accurate (don't quote me on the exact number, might be higher), still pretty darn close to me. Tim and AJ's product allows for HO upgrade but only for newer model Cats and if I understand it correctly, you're getting two tunes at the push of a button but I don't fully understand how that's any different than a sliding scale tune like Curt's flex tune since his tune scales up or down based on ethanol instead of needing to push a button to change it. I don't know, maybe it will make more sense when people start to use the new product.

OP
MaxCarnage

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #73
Curt's tune uses the wideband O2 sensors that are in the exhaust stream to measure ethanol content. I believe he admits that's its about 90% accurate (don't quote me on the exact number, might be higher), still pretty darn close to me. Tim and AJ's product allows for HO upgrade but only for newer model Cats and if I understand it correctly, you're getting two tunes at the push of a button but I don't fully understand how that's any different than a sliding scale tune like Curt's flex tune since his tune scales up or down based on ethanol instead of needing to push a button to change it. I don't know, maybe it will make more sense when people start to use the new product.
From my understanding yes the HO upgrade (without flex, running gasoline) will run off wideband sensors much like Curts tune most likely. However, when you add the flex sensor that changes things and from my understanding will be a more accurate way to read ethanol content. The two different tunes are helpful for many reasons. You can do any combo you want. From pump E85 flex/IgniteE90 (Running a more aggressive tune with consistent high ethanol content), to any other combo of fuel/tunes you want (I think it can be used for nitrous too, not sure on that). Most seem to use the HO mode for their aggressive track tune, and the other for daily driving.

I just want to run the best version of flex fuel, and if it's with a sensor, then that's the direction I'll go.

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
From my understanding yes the HO upgrade (without flex, running gasoline) will run off wideband sensors much like Curts tune most likely. However, when you add the flex sensor that changes things and from my understanding will be a more accurate way to read ethanol content. The two different tunes are helpful for many reasons. You can do any combo you want. From pump E85 flex/IgniteE90 (Running a more aggressive tune with consistent high ethanol content), to any other combo of fuel/tunes you want (I think it can be used for nitrous too, not sure on that). Most seem to use the HO mode for their aggressive track tune, and the other for daily driving.

I just want to run the best version of flex fuel, and if it's with a sensor, then that's the direction I'll go.
Curt can flex tune that way as well though. Like I stated earlier, Curt offers options. If you know you have high quality E85 like Ignite, the tune can adjust for that and be aggressive. Because I use pump E85, he has mine set a little less aggressive to account for ethanol variability. Personally, I think the HO deal is just a "cool" feature that lots of people will want but won't do much different than previous dual tunes, but it appeals to people that want to have push button module and screen that displays HO mode. Again though, unless its doing something different, that's my opinion.

Last edited:

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Edit

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Curt uses anticipated logic like a few OEM's do.

Satera uses a direct alcohol content sensor thru an Innovate gauge with output to the stock ECU.

Either way is acceptable. One is much more responsive however.

Right now HO is only available with diablo while the true flex fuel can be applied to diablo OR HPT cars. Satera uses HPT.

If they ever release HO to HPT cars...I'll be making the switch mostly for drag mode...but a more aggressive flex tune at the push of a button would be nice too.

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Curt uses anticipated logic like a few OEM's do.

Satera uses a direct alcohol content sensor thru an Innovate gauge with output to the stock ECU.

Either way is acceptable. One is much more responsive however.

Right now HO is only available with diablo while the true flex fuel can be applied to diablo OR HPT cars. Satera uses HPT.

If they ever release HO to HPT cars...I'll be making the switch mostly for drag mode...but a more aggressive flex tune at the push of a button would be nice too.
For the Record I can invoke HO mode on HP or Diablo Tuned. The problem a matter of Ethics not capability. If you are calibrated by another Tuner I need that Tune file to configure the necessary changes. I am not getting into that firestorm.
Thanks
AJ

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
For the Record I can invoke HO mode on HP or Diablo Tuned. The problem a matter of Ethics not capability. If you are calibrated by another Tuner I need that Tune file to configure the necessary changes. I am not getting into that firestorm.
Thanks
AJ
AJ,

Did not actually know that. I know the headache that could create.

Being that it IS possible to do this with HPT...would Satera be the only one that could do so at this point as you and Tim have partnered up with him? Or do either of you keep HPT in a closet for a rainy day?

Most of us probably dont have stock parts anymore but a car delivered in person could be retuned and then enabled if I'm understanding you correctly. The percieved need to swap platforms created a significant roadblock which if removed..would open a much wider market.

Since I am looking to swap to a ported blower and 105mm this year.. timing is right if tune changes need made.

Hemituner

Vendor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bayshore
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
AJ,

Did not actually know that. I know the headache that could create.

Being that it IS possible to do this with HPT...would Satera be the only one that could do so at this point as you and Tim have partnered up with him? Or do either of you keep HPT in a closet for a rainy day?

Most of us probably dont have stock parts anymore but a car delivered in person could be retuned and then enabled if I'm understanding you correctly. The percieved need to swap platforms created a significant roadblock which if removed..would open a much wider market.

Since I am looking to swap to a ported blower and 105mm this year.. timing is right if tune changes need made.
HP Tuners is not my preferred method of doing calibration for many reasons that I will not get into. That being said as of late I have received many requests to fix HP Built Calibrations. I have a system in place that will not create additional heartburn for the clients. There is really no situation we cannot handle especially since we keep all of the PCMs in stock.
Hope this helps
AJ

Member ID
Reactions
City
Port orchard
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 redeye
I will let you in on a little secret. The member here with the Demon and a Redeye that is from Canada that is saying that the 3.17 is safe no tune in his testing is a Litens distributor working with HHP. We have data logged my stock redeye. I would not do it. I called HHP they don't adise doing it without a tune. I called OST they don't advise doing it without a tune. Let the madness begin.

Maybe that's why I lost 6hp with the 3.17 and no tune. Air was about 300ft and I was even running a little splash of boostane.