Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Be careful buying used cars

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
Thread Starter #41
A good friend of mine has a 2.85 upper and a 10% lower and uses a JMS with the stock hellcat pump and it works fine for the few times he runs at the track . But he runs gasoline only . If a person considers E85 then in my opinion dual pumps are necessary.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
In your option do you think the walbro 525 would be enough? it suppose to good for 900+hp at 60psi

OP
rookerrobert

rookerrobert

Premium Account
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgeland
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 hellcat A8 and 2016 M6
Thread Starter #42
Well Thanks for all the help guys...I have good idea of what all I need to do. Now just getting the time for it that and honey do stuff or a damn year but oh well when you been with a woman for 48 yrs. I guess thats have to anyway....lol

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
A hellcat uses 600 Cc injectors and 80 psi fuel pressure .
A demon uses 700 Cc injectors and 105 psi fuel pressure.

The higher pressure makes the injector "appear " bigger then it really is .

Also the hellcat has 1 fuel pump and the demon has 2 . When you raise the fuel pressure you decrease the volume of fuel sent to the engine . Hence the 2 pumps .

This is how I got away with stock injectors and 2 pumps with the incognito. That’s why I say it needs a tune

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
This is how I got away with stock injectors and 2 pumps with the incognito. That’s why I say it needs a tune
My car did not react well to the Incognito.
I took it off right away. A friend of mine has one and had no issues. Although I don't think he logged his car.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
My car did not react well to the Incognito.
I took it off right away. A friend of mine has one and had no issues. Although I don't think he logged his car.
I couldn’t tell anything negative just by driving. It wasn’t until we started data logging started noticing my injectors really close and fuel pump was maxing out at high rpm. But after tune and pumps everything so far so good, that’s been almost a year and 2k miles

Last edited:

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I couldn’t tell anything negative just by driving. It wasn’t until we started data logging started noticing my injectors really close and fuel pump was maxing out at high rpm. But after tune and pumps everything so far so good, that’s been almost a year and 2k miles
I had the injectors way high and the fuel pump maxed, then the bypass valve would bleed boost. You could feel it in the car and see the loss of boost on the guage.
Of course also in a data log.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I had the injectors way high and the fuel pump maxed, then the bypass valve would bleed boost. You could feel it in the car and see the loss of boost on the guage.
Of course also in a data log.
Jim your car is maxing out everything stock . When you put the incognito on it when bat crazy .

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Jim your car is maxing out everything stock . When you put the incognito on it when bat crazy .

It did help figure out what was going on by making everything worse. Earlier in the year I figured it was the heat that I wasn't used to running in. Even before I switched to HPTuners to get more info in logs (At least at my tech level) we could see the injectors being maxed. That was why I decided to get the emission recall done. I didn't think it would make it worse.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
It did help figure out what was going on by making everything worse. Earlier in the year I figured it was the heat that I wasn't used to running in. Even before I switched to HPTuners to get more info in logs (At least at my tech level) we could see the injectors being maxed. That was why I decided to get the emission recall done. I didn't think it would make it worse.
Good ole emissions.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@ACMAVRO Just for some info. Here is a video of my dash with the Incognito. The AFR went pig rich because my car went crazy with Cat Over temp protection. This had the injectors at over 110% and the fuel pump maxed. ( New fuel pump)

https://youtube.com/shorts/cTGfna5ySOM?feature=share

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
@ACMAVRO Just for some info. Here is a video of my dash with the Incognito. The AFR went pig rich because my car went crazy with Cat Over temp protection. This had the injectors at over 110% and the fuel pump maxed. ( New fuel pump)

https://youtube.com/shorts/cTGfna5ySOM?feature=share
I was bleeding a little boost too a first but I don't recall it dropping like that. I'm going to do some logging and track testing in next few weeks. If I decide to go more power, ill be doing injectors and some kind of conservative upper. My ds finally comes today and rear wheels tomorrow!