Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Corvette E-Ray January 17, 2023

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Agreed, far better than what we're sucking on now.

:unsure:

:whistle:

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Agreed, far better than what we're sucking on now.

:unsure:

:whistle:
Agreed...imagine a hybrid RE....now that would get my attention...(y)

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
This is what Dodge should have done. Hybrid with a 6.2L V8 and electric motors driving the front wheels. 600ish AWD horse power and the current V8 RWD does 0-60 under 3 sec. This thing will fly.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2023/01/2024-corvette-e-ray-to-debut-on-january-17th/
I agree. Just don’t understand why they’re jumping in with both feet on this all EV crap other than the government. A hybrid seems to make so much more sense at this point with the current technology limits. It’s like they want to run before they’ve even learned to walk.

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Why? I wanna why the F we got left in the dust. This is what a lot of this site has been asking for. If Stellantis was so hell bent on electric, why couldn’t they offer it in electric wheeled up front with at least a small V8 even normally aspirated. This would have left the connection of the car and driving it intact. As for the ones that think electric is the way to go fine full electric it is for them. You missed the boat Stellantis by not offering a platform that could satisfy a broader audience. Take a look at what the General and Blue oval offers and appears to be for a at least several years. My . 02 @Stellantis if @Dodgereallycares.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Why? I wanna why the F we got left in the dust. This is what a lot of this site has been asking for. If Stellantis was so hell bent on electric, why couldn’t they offer it in electric wheeled up front with at least a small V8 even normally aspirated. This would have left the connection of the car and driving it intact. As for the ones that think electric is the way to go fine full electric it is for them. You missed the boat Stellantis bynot offering a platform that could satisfy a broader audience. Take a look at what the General and Blue oval offers and appears to be for a at least several years. My . 02 @Stellantis if @Dodgereallycares.

Well keep in mind they thought the Frattronic Speaker thing was cool too... :mad:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
The only cool noise other than massive pressure drop across carb Venturi, or whining blower emanating from under a Chrysler products hood would surely only be Meep Meep Horn.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #8
0-60 2.5 seconds quarter mile 10.5 655hp

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
0-60 2.5 seconds quarter mile 10.5 655hp
That's a big pass from me. I'm not sure if I can get in and out without cracking my head open. I watch some old guys at car meets crawl in and out of them.

MikeD1

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Central Florida
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
That's a big pass from me. I'm not sure if I can get in and out without cracking my head open. I watch some old guys at car meets crawl in and out of them.
I can 'fall into' most of them, but the short & narrow seats are not comfortable.
Then there is the combo jaws of life + engine hoist needed to get me out ..........

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Why? I wanna why the F we got left in the dust. This is what a lot of this site has been asking for. If Stellantis was so hell bent on electric, why couldn’t they offer it in electric wheeled up front with at least a small V8 even normally aspirated. This would have left the connection of the car and driving it intact. As for the ones that think electric is the way to go fine full electric it is for them. You missed the boat Stellantis by not offering a platform that could satisfy a broader audience. Take a look at what the General and Blue oval offers and appears to be for a at least several years. My . 02 @Stellantis if @Dodgereallycares.
Your right! I agree. That is not a problem. Dodge and s-whatever can just go get bent! Chevrolet will be happy to sell many new Corvettes to us. They sure look like they are keeping cars fun! Matter of fact they better build a certain Durango fairly soon before I get the idea that the 2019 RE in my garage will be my last Dodge purchase and other types of AWD vehicles will work instead and I will want my deposit back. Why? Because of them not keeping their part of the contract to actually build a 2023 model in a reasonable time. @DodgeCares you better begin to report your best customers are more then restless! We have about had enough!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
Your right! I agree. That is not a problem. Dodge and s-whatever can just go get bent! Chevrolet will be happy to sell many new Corvettes to us. They sure look like they are keeping cars fun! Matter of fact they better build a certain Durango fairly soon before I get the idea that the 2019 RE in my garage will be my last Dodge purchase and other types of AWD vehicles will work instead and I will want my deposit back. Why? Because of them not keeping their part of the contract to actually build a 2023 model in a reasonable time. @DodgeCares you better begin to report your best customers are more then restless! We have about had enough!
If they incorporate regenerative braking, with the electric front wheel drive it will be a bad mother F'r on the track. It'll come out of the corners like a rocket ship. Making it a Hybrid only makes sense. In fact all electric EV has zero sustainability in the cold weather

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
I can 'fall into' most of them, but the short & narrow seats are not comfortable.
Then there is the combo jaws of life + engine hoist needed to get me out ..........
I sat in one last year and it fit like a glove (6’ & 200lbs) and was every bit as comfy as anything. I am #5 on a “list”, and plan on exercising my option to buy either one of these or a Z06 when and if it is offered for MSRP as per my current understanding. I am not loyal or attached securely to anything that is currently sitting in my garage now either.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Car was brought up on the news this morning. Think they said 104k. My guess is that is base price. So options and mark up 150k?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Unless you have an honest dealer where an extra markup don’t happen. Just north of $100k is not a surprise. Priced just under the Z06 makes sense. It looks like a blast for the streets with the quick FWD. I really thought Dodge would do the same thing to our Challengers instead of going full tilt retarded. Hell we have not even seen a hybrid shit Hornet offered for configuration yet let alone driven and demonstrated like this Vette was already.

I am sorry for the rants my Mopar friends, but s-whatever is screwing us with their WOKE European ideas. THIS IS NOT EUROPE!

TraxMoe

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Heartland
State
NE
Country
United States
Vehicle
POS slasher
They aren't crawling out of them. They are rolling out of them. That's the way you exit a low sports car. Seatdans all they need to do is slide their fat ass off the seat to exit the vehicle in a safe and less embarrassing manner. Now if those old men were fat , then yes they are crawling out of the car.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I sat in one last year and it fit like a glove (6’ & 200lbs) and was every bit as comfy as anything. I am #5 on a “list”, and plan on exercising my option to buy either one of these or a Z06 when and if it is offered for MSRP as per my current understanding. I am not loyal or attached securely to anything that is currently sitting in my garage now either.
We all have different wants and likes and it is what makes you happy. I never have or will own a chevy

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
We all have different wants and likes and it is what makes you happy. I never have or will own a chevy
I understand. I have owned more than a dozen Mopar vehicles in the past. I hate it, but not any choices are presenting themselves. Right now (today) I see no ICE or even a hybrid performance vehicle from them to look forward to. I cannot get them to build a legit $85,000 vehicle I have a deposit on. They won’t even tell me when to expect them to build it! Now or 12 months from now? That is a hell of a way to conduct your business. So what is everyone’s plan for any future purchases besides keeping what you have or a used car?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I've owned 2 chevy's in my life..a brand new corvette 1974 @ age 21...(every kids dream back then)..it was junk...and now a 2020 C8..which my wife drives...it's a fantastic car by any standards...but it's not me...her Z06 is due any time now..no doubt it will be impressive..but it's still not me...I wouldn't trade any of my Mopars for it...fortunately I don't have to;)