Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Damn may have lost my Bullitt Mustang today😳

Idoru99

Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Springfield
State
VA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Redeye WB
Glad to hear your daughter and everyone else is ok.

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #22
Insurance just called and say most likely TOTALED and will verify later😩

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Glad to hear that she's ok as well as those in the car that was hit.

I agree.. I'd consider buying it back if totaled and rebuild. We've done it a few times and it's always worked out in the long run. Hell... The rebuild would be great Youtube content..

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
She's fine, and one less Furd on the roads.
It doesn't get much better than that.

Hayabusa

HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lunatic Fringe
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 WB Redeye, Sublime
Thankful your daughter is okay and the kids in the other vehicle also made it unscathed. Sorry for the loss of the car and impending insurance hit. My daughter is 18 and I do worry when she's out there driving. The driving experience only comes with time.

From appearances both vehicles took the hit well. The crush zone did its job and ravaged the engine compartment but appears to have protected the interior. Impressive.

Hope the potential "next day" pains/stiffness/regrets are minimal and the learnings are extracted from this without carryover nerves or fear. From seeing you and your daughter in vids it is obvious she is mentally strong so I doubt that'll be an issue. Hell, we all had these learning moments...how many times?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Glad she is ok.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
Buy it back if it’s totaled and find someone to restore it. I know someone in Madison, VA who has a frame straightener in his barn who could fix it if you need him. He did the paint and body work on my RoadRunner and Barracuda. View attachment 64383
Its just a mustang underneath.
Well pretty sure.
Buy a new subframe and panels and paint it.

Unless it really got into the main body, this is repairable. Probably not cheap but repairable.

Looks like the Mustang did its job. Glad shes safe.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Glad she’s safe. I’m betting totaled.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Funny how they pick and choose what is totaled. I have seen cars that need a hood and fender that were. My friend bought a new 14 shelby. 1st summer he had it someone cut him off he swerved and slid into a curb sideways broke the wheels off and did 20k+ in damages. The insurance company said to fix it. He wanted them to total it because he didn't want it after that. He ended up trading it in

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Funny how they pick and choose what is totaled. I have seen cars that need a hood and fender that were. My friend bought a new 14 shelby. 1st summer he had it someone cut him off he swerved and slid into a curb sideways broke the wheels off and did 20k+ in damages. The insurance company said to fix it. He wanted them to total it because he didn't want it after that. He ended up trading it in
Years ago I hit the back of a S10 with a Taurus we had. 130K miles and insurance wanted to fix. I argued and would not approve the repairs. They towed to their storage lot, the river next to it went over its banks and it got flooded.
It was then officially totaled by them...

GdBye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Midland
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat
Glad she's ok and hopefully the other vehicle's occupant(s) were all good. They definitely make today's cars much safer than one's back in the day. Your daughter will always remember the way you responded to this situation (in a good way). My daughter totaled out a new car (new to her) that I bought her. She ran into the back of an undercover Detectives car. I remember going to the insurance agents office and him telling me "don't even try to tell me it wasn't her fault". Oh well...it's always a happy ending when everyone walks away unharmed, especially when they learn one of life's lessons.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
First off my daughter is ok thank God and the car for sure protected her. She is so bummed and it’s her first ever accident. And being 17 years old it wasn’t a hot dogging accident. It was a rainy day today and the roads being wet was not to her favor. She came over a rise in the road and corner to see a stoped car making a left and tried to stop but didn’t in time being the car just slid to stop. I preach all the time driving cars with summer tires in them in the off season is the worst. They suck and should have been more vocal about her driving in the off season. But as a dad it’s 65 degree day let her drive her to school. And yep sure enough she crashed the Bullitt today and yeh even if the tires grabbed she would still have hit them but possibly bot as bad. This is a really bad part of the road and extremely busy traffic with accidents all the time. The police think she’s totaled and the tow truck driver says 50 50 but since the air bag deployed many think that’s why. Oh the joy of parenting and watching your kids go thru the hard knocks of life. And comparison to what I did 😳. Surprised my dad didn’t have many heart attacks😬

View attachment 64380 View attachment 64381 View attachment 64382
CC, if I remember correctly your daughter is of small stature. Noticed how close the drivers seat is to the steering column. Glad she's okay. My daughter is not yet driving, but is very small, so I expect to see similar seat placement. Glad she was okay. No after effects? How upset is she? How long did it take you to get there?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Years ago I hit the back of a S10 with a Taurus we had. 130K miles and insurance wanted to fix. I argued and would not approve the repairs. They towed to their storage lot, the river next to it went over its banks and it got flooded.
It was then officially totaled by them...
Good solution. hard to replicate. :)

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Yes it did and she has said to me and the police report she hit him at 38-40 mph. She claims the lower air bags deployed as well to protect her knees.
Knee bags worth their weight, people.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Good solution. hard to replicate. :)
We were very lucky. I remember when I started it that morning it had a slight knock. 👍

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #36
CC, if I remember correctly your daughter is of small stature. Noticed how close the drivers seat is to the steering column. Glad she's okay. My daughter is not yet driving, but is very small, so I expect to see similar seat placement. Glad she was okay. No after effects? How upset is she? How long did it take you to get there?
No she’s not small she’s 5’ 6” but clutching the car required her being closer..

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
When I was young a ~40 MPH hit with a non-moving vehicle would have been pretty nasty. We've come very very far. Even in the 80s. A hot rod I had was rear-ended at maybe 35 as I was turning right (maybe less than that because she said she slammed on the brakes) and was torn all to hell (I was not hurt though). The girls in the car that made the hit were technically all right but one had bitten through their lower lip. All of us were shaken up.

And just for the record, because I was in a fast car some of the cops were absolutely convinced it was somehow my fault.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Glad your daughter is OK CC, that sucks though !

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
I rear-ended a Honda in my VW Golf R (he stopped short, I didn't) and Geico attempted to total it. I disputed it and after weeks, they admitted that they priced it as a regular Golf. ($8-10K difference at the time). Paint guy at the repair shop tells me that he planned on buying the car back from the insurance company because is was too perfect to total. They fixed it.

Moral of the story, which you may already know, you don't need to accept their offer and you can verify that they are providing the value of the actual car, not just a model.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Our local (and reputable) body shop once told me that if the air bag deploys it's almost certainly totaled. And it's not "too soon" to tell you not to let 17-year-olds drive cars like that. Their brains are not fully developed yet.