Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Damn may have lost my Bullitt Mustang today😳

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Back in the old days when cars had real bumpers and real frames, That accident would have done very little damage to the cars. That said the driver would for sure had a bruised waist from the seat belt and broken nose from hitting the steering wheel. These modern cars self destruct, some times more than necessary. and at the price they are! A minor accident turns into an $80,00.00 dollar crash. Disposable cars more or less .And for those that say it is necessary to protect life. I disagree. I put a Yamaha YZFR1 into a four foot deep road ditch at 60 Mph. and didn't get a scratch. and road the bike home! I was wearing leathers and helmet! And if you notice the ass of the hit car minor damage due to the rear being steel, the little crappy plastic bumper messed up. But the stang, the plastic radiator core support busted letting everything attached to it wad up also. Not all by design for impact absorption. but a big part do to cheap MFG practice's and to make the car lite.

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
No she’s not small she’s 5’ 6” but clutching the car required her being closer..
She's taller then me I may have to move the seat up further:LOL:

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That is why my damage that was done was insurance company $11,000,, Hickster $4,000. The air bag did not deploy and the whole front end took the hit like an accordion. Bounced in and bounced back. The damage didn't go any further than the front end. The hood was the largest of the components to take a hit. It would have been done if ?? Ribs hurt too much today visit the shop. Didn't hear any thing from them, so I will stop by there tomorrow. But the front end took the hit instead of the engine.

MJS73

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moparland
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat
Back in the old days when cars had real bumpers and real frames, That accident would have done very little damage to the cars. That said the driver would for sure had a bruised waist from the seat belt and broken nose from hitting the steering wheel. These modern cars self destruct, some times more than necessary. and at the price they are! A minor accident turns into an $80,00.00 dollar crash. Disposable cars more or less .And for those that say it is necessary to protect life. I disagree. I put a Yamaha YZFR1 into a four foot deep road ditch at 60 Mph. and didn't get a scratch. and road the bike home! I was wearing leathers and helmet! And if you notice the ass of the hit car minor damage due to the rear being steel, the little crappy plastic bumper messed up. But the stang, the plastic radiator core support busted letting everything attached to it wad up also. Not all by design for impact absorption. but a big part do to cheap MFG practice's and to make the car lite.
Yeah, not to the car...the driver and passenger, on the other hand, would have done a Jayne Mansfield exit but I'm sure they would be comforted (in heaven) knowing that there was "very little damage to the cars".

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Mansfield run under the ass of truck. If she had a 2022 with bags and all it would have been the same end.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Funny how they pick and choose what is totaled. I have seen cars that need a hood and fender that were. My friend bought a new 14 shelby. 1st summer he had it someone cut him off he swerved and slid into a curb sideways broke the wheels off and did 20k+ in damages. The insurance company said to fix it. He wanted them to total it because he didn't want it after that. He ended up trading it in
I got broadsided in my last truck 2018 Ram 2500..truck was a month old with 2800 miles..38,000.00 dollars damage..they wouldn't total it..12 wks in the shop...:mad:

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Our local (and reputable) body shop once told me that if the air bag deploys it's almost certainly totaled. And it's not "too soon" to tell you not to let 17-year-olds drive cars like that. Their brains are not fully developed yet.
I drove a Challenger T/A when I was 17 in high school.
Besides that car doesn't have that much power.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Knee bags worth their weight, people.
???? they don'.t weigh more than a pound each...gotta be worth more than that..

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I drove a Challenger T/A when I was 17 in high school.
Besides that car doesn't have that much power.
WTF...PaVaSteeles brain is more than twice that old...and it still ain't developed...:oops::oops:

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #50
So my daughter is truly rattled and stressed she possibly just lost her favorite car. And even to the point do I buy another GT Mustang? She truly understands she made a mistake and not pushing anything at this time. Told her maybe I bring the Shelby GT350 back home and she's like uhm no. Time will tell and wont really know the consequences from insurance till July August this year since my policy just renewed and the underwriters evaluate every 6 months. I had 30 vehicles insured with them a year ago. I have 20 currently and no major accidents in 14 years. But who the hell knows if they throw the hammer down come August on the renewal. No driver points and or public record for my daughter since she is a minor. This is huge for her to not be tabled from this but once again who really knows how it plays out in the end.

F971DF5A-4C02-4C2E-93D4-FD2AC2A13434.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You have something that is low powered that she can feel safe again?
Just an idea.

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Just an idea.
Can you not see the picture of the Mustang? :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Insurance just called and say most likely TOTALED and will verify later😩
Thank God you don't live in NY..this has to be the most litigious state for personal injury suits..even a relatively minor accident such as this that requires no immediate medical attention..results in a law suit (ask me how I know)...easily resulting in a 25/35 thousand payout by your insurance..and if she's on your policy..and a minor..its a license to steal come renewal time..NY is one of the worst..:(

OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #54
Just an idea.
She actually drives by Ford F-350 Tremor truck all the time and I barely drive it 😳
67F98C97-8C1C-47D9-9222-855166020581.jpeg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
OP
ChargerChallenger

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #56
A lot safer..only @ 40..she probably would have driven right over the other car
Yep yikes

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I got broadsided in my last truck 2018 Ram 2500..truck was a month old with 2800 miles..38,000.00 dollars damage..they wouldn't total it..12 wks in the shop...:mad:
Sorry man. That sounds so awful I have to laugh.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That time of yoa'll life. She has time to get er driven time in er line. Me ,, Ha Ha, I have totaled so many self insured cars that I pay fer the fishing license. Rainbow or Dolly Barton?? Pick up the pieces and shop on wards. When in the 70's our parents paid pur insurance and that closed up pretty fast. The cars, these drivers, these COSTS of theses damn vehicles. Worth it or snot. Worth the parts and ass atoll 2 lots full of parts around here. Full of used crashed stangs, Cameros, rest of the Cats. Full of parts. Plastic or not. Insurance companies lukin to get their hands on these parts of GOLD.

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Glad she's okay CC. While I'm sure she's jostled in the short term; I doubt it'll be something that she'd harp on in the long term. There are plenty of other cars/fish in the sea type deal.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
She actually drives by Ford F-350 Tremor truck all the time and I barely drive it 😳
A 4-door, And a Furd. And black.

If that doesn't qualify as child abuse I don't know what would.