Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Most of the difference is the Crate PCM and the 100 octane tune. I think I was told the Demon race tune runs 5 deg more timing. There is the hood. I think there are some other minor differences in the suspension and the front brakes. And the demons have more factory weight reduction. In other words you can get them lighter. My Friend has done a LOT to reduce the weight of his 22 Super Stock and my car is still quite a bit lighter being an original one seat car. I still think the Demon handles being in lower DA and the weight reduction better as far as the TCM tune. Right now I am completely sold on the taller tire being the answer to resetting the ET record in really good, negative DA and, at the weight I am running. I am planning on selling my second set of win lites with the shorter Hoosier DBR's and running the taller tire full time.
What exact Hoosier are you running? And would that still be the right tire if you didn't have full weight reduction in good DA?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #562
HOOSIER 18837DBR 29.5/10.5R17 is my tire of choice now. 18825DBR 28.0/10.5R17 would likely be faster at stock weight. Especially if your Car is optioned. The smaller tire will struggle with poor prep. You are right on the edge here. So, if you have SOME weight reduction and you get in -1500 DA I would choose the taller tire. If you are loaded stock weight and in -500 DA I think the smaller tire would be faster. Basically, you want the shortest tire (to a point) that will not clip the rev limiter and hiccup. This may actually vary a little car to car. But, the fact is, I was able to run 9.48 in worse conditions with the taller tire. So I am certain it will likely be faster in the best conditions. Plus that tire is sixty footin like a MoFo right now. @Speedy, I think it has that advantage. Two-X PB sixty last Thursday night. One caveat: This set is almost totally worn out so they are ultra-light. This week I am going to take a chance and get up on the converter some and see what it does. In the past it has always helped.

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
The Demon crate PCM is most of the reason for the difference between it and the Super Stock (5 degrees of timing is significant on a blower car). A more fair comparison would be with a Demon without the crate... As you mentioned, there are some weight differences etc but they should run pretty close to each other on their original 91/93 octane tunes.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Weight can be huge. I'm still looking for ways to loose weight out of the car without taking the seats out and such. By comparison with Jon and me at our last outing, he was 400 lbs lighter. My car actually is making more power but pushing way more weight

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Weight can be huge. I'm still looking for ways to loose weight out of the car without taking the seats out and such. By comparison with Jon and me at our last outing, he was 400 lbs lighter. My car actually is making more power but pushing way more weight
I have about 300 lbs out of the car between seats, wheels/tires and sway bar/wipers/wiper brace. Car feels like a rocket. Looking to take more out somewhere without gutting the car

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
If I could do it again, I’d do 15” conversion front and rear with the new TCM (I think that’s the company) 15” front conversion with lightweight race rotors, saves like 60lbs of rotation mass per side

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I have about 300 lbs out of the car between seats, wheels/tires and sway bar/wipers/wiper brace. Car feels like a rocket. Looking to take more out somewhere without gutting the car
Any idea what your race weight is? I see some in the 4300 range with weight reductions some more. I'm currently about 4690:(

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Or maybe it was 30th per side, I forget. Still a huge weight savings

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Any idea what your race weight is? I see some in the 4300 range with weight reductions some more. I'm currently about 4690:(
With me in the car? Lol… let’s just say I’m currently on a diet as well. It’s going to be a race car, she’ll be at race weight for the foreseeable future

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
With me in the car? Lol… let’s just say I’m currently on a diet as well. It’s going to be a race car, she’ll be at race weight for the foreseeable future
Race weight is what it weighs going down the track

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Weight makes a HUGE difference with these cars when you take it out because they weigh so much. I’m thinking my car should be between 42-4300 now. Would be more with cf driveshaft and if it was m6 still, the 8hp90 weighs a lot more than the tr6060

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’ll never put another 1 piece driveshaft in the car ever again, so no weight savings there. I might attach a 3” X pipe to the mid pipes and put on some turn downs, that should shave another 40 or so lbs. stock exhaust is stupid heavy

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Would dump right out of the mids but don’t want to lose torque

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I still need to get on the scales, so no clue yet. Just took swaybar and stuff out this week. Glovebox is about another 12lbs-16, might take that out and make a close out panel for it. There’s a guy with a 1320 challenger that stripped the entire car down for racing and weighed every part, he was about to get 400lbs out of the car but again he literally gutted the interior lol

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I still need to get on the scales, so no clue yet. Just took swaybar and stuff out this week. Glovebox is about another 12lbs-16, might take that out and make a close out panel for it. There’s a guy with a 1320 challenger that stripped the entire car down for racing and weighed every part, he was about to get 400lbs out of the car but again he literally gutted the interior lol
I have met him and posted videos of his in the drag race forum. If the da is under 500 you will go mid 9s without totally stripping the car if jon is tuning it

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I have met him and posted videos of his in the drag race forum. If the da is under 500 you will go mid 9s without totally stripping the car if jon is tuning it
I’m running out of good weather already

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
I’m running out of good weather already
Need to talk more in your thread and not highjack rons thread anymore

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Eating more salads can help too? 😂

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Eating more salads can help too? 😂
Yeah I can eat them for a week or 2 and cant anymore. And this is as a snack not a meal

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Yeah I can eat them for a week or 2 and cant anymore. And this is as a snack not a meal
I always thought it was garnish on a burger to be taken out and left😳