Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR ONESEAT DEMON WHAT ARE THE ODDS?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #101
That fer the critter plane?? Never seen 1 like that.
That is the center stack that includes the HO button and the Engine Control Module to work with the HO Button to give me the 840 HP tune along with 100 octane fuel.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #102
OK so we were talking about the speed difference from the left to the right lanes. In my car it is a solid 4 MPH. But my Friend Hellcat it is more like 2 mph. Well, I admit there may be a reason for this that is not negligence on the part of Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It could be the grand stands and the trade winds doing this. My Friends car has the SRT Performance Spoiler. Coincidence?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #103
TIME SLIPS from the event. Both of Fridays and a few from Saturday. The last one from Sat I was on a pretty good pass based on the sixty and the 1/8th MPH and ET. But....... 0914211236.jpg 0914211235.jpg

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 SRT Super Stock 2022 Ram 1500 TRX
There is a reason why some of the faster SCSN classes run 1/8th mile at Vegas.
That blast of air just past the grandstands is very unsettling on a less than aerodynamic car.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #105
Went to the ADOT today. I got the enhanced Drivers license with Motorcycle endorsement, 1 year Registration, Title and personalized plates for the Demon. Here is my temporary tag for the car. 0926210837_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
TIME SLIPS from the event. Both of Fridays and a few from Saturday. The last one from Sat I was on a pretty good pass based on the sixty and the 1/8th MPH and ET. But....... View attachment 53514 View attachment 53515
I have noticed the mph off a lot at my track the last few years lane to lane at the end. Your 1/6th looks even but a lot different at the end. Ours is normally the other way, one correct the other higher

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Ron, did you have to take just a written test for the bike endorsement? Or did AZ. honor your Cali license as proof.
My wife and I are tempted to move to that area.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #108
Ron, did you have to take just a written test for the bike endorsement? Or did AZ. honor your Cali license as proof.
My wife and I are tempted to move to that area.
These folks here have their act together. They 100% honored my California license. I paid around $2475 for the Tax Title and one year registration. In California that would have been $14,000. I could/would not have bought this car if I still lived in California. Period. First time ever I walked out of DMV elated.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Ron, you and others here will know the answer to this. Does the Demon, 1340 and possibly the SS have different rear camber specs than a SRT? Perhaps aligned at about -0.6 degrees from Dodge as opposed to the SRT specs which call for more negative camber stock?

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
These folks here have their act together. They 100% honored my California license. I paid around $2475 for the Tax Title and one year registration. In California that would have been $14,000. I could/would not have bought this car if I still lived in California. Period. First time ever I walked out of DMV elated.
Lol. Welcome to the world on the other side of the California border. I’ve registered vehicles in AZ, SD and now UT since leaving CA 20 years ago. I never knew that the DMV could be a friendly and efficiently functioning place.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #111
Ron, you and others here will know the answer to this. Does the Demon, 1340 and possibly the SS have different rear camber specs than a SRT? Perhaps aligned at about -0.6 degrees from Dodge as opposed to the SRT specs which call for more negative camber stock?
I asked Jim Wilder about the Demon Knuckles for my Super Stock. Here is what he said "We tweaked the hole location on the rear knuckle and got about .3 deg of camber out of it. We switched the L SRT line up in like 19 or 20my to that knuckle as we were running too much neg. camber....so your car has the reduced camber rear knuckle. "

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #112
OK, car setup. I have a one seat car and I do weight reduction. But you have to have a limit. Look up Hot Rod Caddy Hack. So, I will not be removing door panels, rear spoiler, windshield wiper motor, glove box door, carpet etc. You peek inside my car and everything is there. Full one seat interior.

I remove sway bar, because I run skinnies full time and it is not needed.
I remove RH Mirror because that is a drag pack item. It is a pain in the ass sometime when backing up, but the install is not that bad once you know how.
I have a Light weight Braille battery that is 14 pounds.
I remove the center carpet panel out of the trunk and the floor mats.
I remove the engine covers to help cool the engine when I want to fan it down.
It's rare, but I will sometimes ice the blower. This is not needed in really cold ambient temps. Fans will do just fine.
I have 3 sets of wheels and tires. The OEM stuff that gets put away. A heavy street set that I like to run most of the time. And a Light weight set that I use when trying to set a PB or record. The Light weight stuff is a bastard set from my Narrow Body RedEye. I just cannot drop the coin to change this. The front assembly is 2 pounds heavier than the proper 17" setup. And the rears are narrow body that fits the wide body but looks goofy. MAYBE a slight advantage in aero? Or disadvantage? Who knows, but something to think about.
I run TI Lug Nuts because I pretty much can't stand tightening lug nuts dry and galling the aluminum seats, so I am going to use lube anyways. That is a pain in the ass too.
Drain the washer fluid. That’s 8 pounds in the front of the car.
I have thought about the aluminum light weight bumper supports many times. But I want to be protected in an accident and it is a lot of work that cannot easily be reversed.
I finally decided to run the Performance Development Diff braces. Waiting 10 weeks to get the Super Stock fixed sealed this deal. It's heavy but that weight is in the right place. And I am not positive but I am inclined to think that those things actually do, slightly, improve the 60 foot. Maybe not.
I run the Demon Race air filter, dry. But I dye it red to make it look better (stealth). Lucky, I had this as a spare since I never got a crate (yet). Ditto the Mirror block off plate. That is from my first Demon that I sold and kept.
I was able to get the Race PCM and Center Stack ala cart and hope to get them installed soon.
I installed a Z-Automotive double bypass so I am able to data log or read tunes. I doubt I will do any data logging, but I likely will use it to code the car and reset adaptives. When running at -1000 DA the car will misbehave (hiccup on the shifts). This January Legion of Demons at HRP I am thinking it might be a good idea to just do it preemptively. Mainly because it needs a few runs to learn and I am running a private track rental the week before at the same track. In January 2020 at the Legions event with my last Demon I fought the car hiccupping over and over. It loses a tenth minimum when it does it. I ran 9.55 the week before and at this event the DA was even better and that of course makes it worse! So, after all that I decided to do a battery disconnect / Capacitive Discharge and that made the car haul ass. I sincerely regret not doing it sooner.
Fuel. I really like MS109. If I only had once choice that would be it. Now, we mix in some E-85. But in 2020 I was dropping out of the 840 tune first time ever. So, I plan on running a conservative mix from now on and just live with it. Some is better than nothing but not be on the ragged edge. This year (2022) I just want this car to go down the track without any issues. So, that means 4 gallons of MS109 with 1 Gallon of C-85. I might even use X-85 because it is slightly higher in octane. But I hate to change what has been working in the past, so it's likely C.
Tire pressures will likely be 19 and 50. Launch RPM 1500-1800 on the footbrake.
Any questions?

Last edited:

Mike Jesse

Member ID
Reactions
City
Bremerton
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Track/Drag setting with the Chiller on?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #114
Track/Drag setting with the Chiller on?
Yes. In the Demon you just run DRAG drive mode straight up. Only other thing you must do is enable the 840. So, Start car and double tap the SRT button. That puts you in DRAG and the Drag Drive mode comes up on the display. If you do not tap hard or fast enough you will come up on the SRT page and you just have to put it in Drag mode manually and proceed. Then you want to see a BLUE motor on the display. When you enable the 840 the motor turns blue. You also get a little yellow LED on the HO button. Many a race has been lost because someone forgot to push that button. Another tell tale is you want to see 2 yellow warning lights in the DIC. One is traction control off (when in drag mode) and the other is Low tire pressure.

Marc0779

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Key largo
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Redeye/demon
OK, car setup. I have a one seat car and I do weight reduction. But you have to have a limit. Look up Hot Rod Caddy Hack. So, I will not be removing door panels, rear spoiler, windshield wiper motor, glove box door, carpet etc. You peek inside my car and everything is there. Full one seat interior.

I remove sway bar, because I run skinnies full time and it is not needed.
I remove RH Mirror because that is a drag pack item. It is a pain in the ass sometime when backing up, but the install is not that bad once you know how.
I have a Light weight Braille battery that is 14 pounds.
I remove the center carpet panel out of the trunk and the floor mats.
I remove the engine covers to help cool the engine when I want to fan it down.
It's rare, but I will sometimes ice the blower. This is not needed in really cold ambient temps. Fans will do just fine.
I have 3 sets of wheels and tires. The OEM stuff that gets put away. A heavy street set that I like to run most of the time. And a Light weight set that I use when trying to set a PB or record. The Light weight stuff is a bastard set from my Narrow Body RedEye. I just cannot drop the coin to change this. The front assembly is 2 pounds heavier than the proper 17" setup. And the rears are narrow body that fits the wide body but looks goofy. MAYBE a slight advantage in aero? Or disadvantage? Who knows, but something to think about.
I run TI Lug Nuts because I pretty much can't stand tightening lug nuts dry and galling the aluminum seats, so I am going to use lube anyways. That is a pain in the ass too.
Drain the washer fluid. That’s 8 pounds in the front of the car.
I have thought about the aluminum light weight bumper supports many times. But I want to be protected in an accident and it is a lot of work that cannot easily be reversed.
I finally decided to run the Performance Development Diff braces. Waiting 10 weeks to get the Super Stock fixed sealed this deal. It's heavy but that weight is in the right place. And I am not positive but I am inclined to think that those things actually do, slightly, improve the 60 foot. Maybe not.
I run the Demon Race air filter, dry. But I dye it red to make it look better (stealth). Lucky, I had this as a spare since I never got a crate (yet). Ditto the Mirror block off plate. That is from my first Demon that I sold and kept.
I was able to get the Race PCM and Center Stack ala cart and hope to get them installed soon.
I installed a Z-Automotive double bypass so I am able to data log or read tunes. I doubt I will do any data logging, but I likely will use it to code the car and reset adaptives. When running at -1000 DA the car will misbehave (hiccup on the shifts). This January Legion of Demons at HRP I am thinking it might be a good idea to just do it preemptively. Mainly because it needs a few runs to learn and I am running a private track rental the week before at the same track. In January 2020 at the Legions event with my last Demon I fought the car hiccupping over and over. It loses a tenth minimum when it does it. I ran 9.55 the week before and at this event the DA was even better and that of course makes it worse! So, after all that I decided to do a battery disconnect and that made the car haul ass. I sincerely regret not doing it sooner.
Fuel. I really like MS109. If I only had once choice that would be it. Now, we mix in some E-85. But in 2020 I was dropping out of the 840 tune first time ever. So, I plan on running a conservative mix from now on and just live with it. Some is better than nothing but not be on the ragged edge. This year (2022) I just want this car to go down the track without any issues. So, that means 4 gallons of MS109 with 1 Gallon of C-85. I might even use X-85 because it is slightly higher in octane. But I hate to change what has been working in the past, so it likely C.
Any questions?
ron we have been using 93 octane 4 gallons to 1 gallon ignite 114 in our stock demons and redeyes it seems to give the best times and has never kicked out of 840

BoostedGTA

Member ID
Reactions
City
Greenville
State
SC
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
Fuel. I really like MS109. If I only had once choice that would be it. Now, we mix in some E-85. But in 2020 I was dropping out of the 840 tune first time ever. So, I plan on running a conservative mix from now on and just live with it. Some is better than nothing but not be on the ragged edge. This year (2022) I just want this car to go down the track without any issues. So, that means 4 gallons of MS109 with 1 Gallon of C-85. I might even use X-85 because it is slightly higher in octane. But I hate to change what has been working in the past, so it's likely C.
Any questions?
Very good info! Just curious, what fuel did you use in your Super Stock?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #117
Very good info! Just curious, what fuel did you use in your Super Stock?
In the Super Stock I ran exclusively Sonoco SS100. 100 octane Californial legal pump fuel. It works good in the Demon also but the MS109 is faster. And the mix is even faster. But we are talking a few hundredths. Not thenths.

Also I did a little more research and I will be using C85 to mix with and the MS109 will be the reg version = MS109reg. BOTH have MTBE in them and that makes power. That fuel did work really well at the higher DA's as well.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Lewes
State
DE
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 HC RedEye Super Stock
good.. GREAT info! as usual.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #119
I have an illness. The ONLY other car I want real bad is a 1320. And I stumbled upon a one seat car. I am thinking about it.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I have an illness. The ONLY other car I want real bad is a 1320. And I stumbled upon a one seat car. I am thinking about it.
As well as?