Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
This looks like something that is done after the fact. I see a place where it is asking for a VIN and or a delivery date. Both of which you would not have when placing an order. Besides he said that the system would not let him protect the rebate. To me that means that the Sold Order Protection box was not there or it would not let him check the box.
Just looked at the image again and it says vin OR make/model so that tells me the vin would come from dealer stock or if it's an order they just fill in the ordered vehicle make/model, etc. This tells me they can order protect.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
Hell yeah! Congrats! Sub'd

kgrencer

HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ridgefield
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 WBRE F8 Green
I'd suggest adding the back seat back and removing it yourself and installing a rear seat delete. Rear seat delete is a $400 part, but I bet leather rear seats are in the $1000s. My stock rear seats are wrapped up and put away. Rear seat delete isn't the most fun thing to install with the contorting in the back of the car, but all in not terrible.
Agreed 100%. Not to mention RSD cars are listed as 2 passenger vehicles only.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I believe I saw where you were experiencing the dreaded "hicup" ; couldn't get FCA to acknowledge and fix it, so you sold the car. If this is correct, why are you now confident that this S/S car will be OK (?) I want to fix the problem with my RE and would think if they've fixed the problem with the S/S cars, certainly they could load a fix into the earlier cars. No?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #45
I believe I saw where you were experiencing the dreaded "hicup" ; couldn't get FCA to acknowledge and fix it, so you sold the car. If this is correct, why are you now confident that this S/S car will be OK (?) I want to fix the problem with my RE and would think if they've fixed the problem with the S/S cars, certainly they could load a fix into the earlier cars. No?

Yes that is correct. But no they will never write a one off calibration for a car or swap calibrations between cars. It would have to be a full on TSB or recall for a certain model etc. and that may have to be emissions certified which would cost quite a bit I am assuming.

To answer your question will take a lot. #1, the S/S will come with Drag Race focused calibration similar to the Demon. The Demon DID hiccup at times but usually it was not nearly as bad as the RedEye was (about 1/8) and was usually because of track conditions or car setup. Simply resetting the adaptives would fix it sometimes if your setup/conditions had changed drastically. #2 Jim Wilder told me he thought the S/S would work for what I was doing (drag racing).

Yes, I am taking a chance. But I can't keep taking a $9000 hit financially. I also told myself that I would never sell this car unless something better came out. Which is basically what I am doing now if you think about it. So, some of that $9000 is on me.

The New car is going to be subject to a Hiccup if they do not change how they are writing the calibrations for these cars. I would MUCH PREFER the car snap off a nice crisp shift SOONER than let the car crash into the rev limiter upsetting the whole process. Even on the street with the ET STREET R's my car would have an 8 foot gap in the marks it was leaving on the 1-2 shift.

If the S/S does Hiccup, this is what I plan on doing. And THIS is how you can fix your car. If you would prefer FCA flash a revised calibration into the car, that day may never come. You have to install the Z-Automotive Double Bypass cable and then buy the HP Tuners MPVI2 tool, Download the HP Tuners SCANNER and EDITOR Software including the drivers and install on your Laptop and make sure they support all the channels you want to data log. You should be good because I did all this for you already. Now you need a tuner. I was working with Mike@OST. Take his channel list and data log your car on some runs. Now I am pretty sure you can READ JUST the TCM in the car and send him that file. With the PCM untouched and all the rev limits at factory settings I am relatively confident Mike can LOWER shift points, firm up and re time the shifts, increase converter lockup RPM and increase converter lockup pressure etc all making the car shift better/sooner and eliminate the hiccup. It takes 5 minutes to write that TCM file he sends you to the car. You go try it and data log. Send Mike the Data Logs and he adjusts if necessary. If you have to go to the dealer, just take 5 minutes and write the stock TCM calibration to the car before you take it over there. I think Mike charges $600 for a full TCM tune/remap. I have been told this can be done with a locked PCM, but I would contact Mike first before proceeding. I also doubt this would set a P1400 code etc.

Also, with the Double Bypass Cable and HP Tuners MPVI2 Tool if you have the car sorted out and the conditions change and the car develops a Hiccup or for whatever reason you want to reset the adaptives in the PCM and or the TCM you can do that really easy with the click of a mouse. No more disconnecting and shorting the battery cables together, which can also delete your SRT Pages temporarily.

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
I didn't even know you could order the S/S

I really want this or the TRX and can't decide dammit. Im leaning more towards the TRX because i can use 12 months out of the year as a daily driver but talk about terrible communication on Dodge's part.

Stl376

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
O'fallon
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat A8
I didnt know the SS could be ordered now either... Nothing online about it. I would rather configure it online that at the dealer.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #48
I didn't even know you could order the S/S

I really want this or the TRX and can't decide dammit. Im leaning more towards the TRX because i can use 12 months out of the year as a daily driver but talk about terrible communication on Dodge's part.
TRX ordering opened last Tuesday. 2020 S/S ordering closes today. The S/S options are identical to a normal RedEye. He went over every option with me. Option packages, stripes etc All the same as far as I can tell. I wanted the Black Hood and the SRT Performance Spoiler and they are available. But I will add those myself to save $$$.

There is talk about only 192 S/S's being available to order. Not sure if that is true. I know they put certain restrictions on orders like only SOLD orders and any Dealer can only order 1 etc. I also think if the 192 were not ordered then they may open the balance up for orders by anyone at the last minute or extend the order window etc. It's scheduling and is subject to changes.

I don't think they were pushing the 2020 S/S ordering because of the limited number of production slots available (if true). But BOTH press releases said ordering would open up by the end of the month. I just happened to hit up my Dealer on Monday and tell him to start checking every day. He called me back and told me we could order on Wednesday and said he would call me as soon as he gets in Wed morning. He called me at 8:05 AM.

@Stl376

Last edited:

Frenchcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
t-r
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
I was told you can only for now, order the SS in launch order production in very few US dealers. Here in Canada we can't until November in normal/regular production. It seem that they want to check interest for that model. I try to make an order here in Canada, in one of the 5 biggest volume seller in Canada and that what they told me:(.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I was told you can only for now, order the SS in launch order production in very few US dealers. Here in Canada we can't until November in normal/regular production. It seem that they want to check interest for that model. I try to make an order here in Canada, in one of the 5 biggest volume seller in Canada and that what they told me:(.
Are you ordering one for me to drive?🤣🤣

Member ID
Reactions
City
Vancouver
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Yes I was told the same thing by the FCA district manager, no 2020 SS models for Canada

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Yes I was told the same thing by the FCA district manager, no 2020 SS models for Canada
That's racist!
#Canadianracersmatter

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
TRX ordering opened last Tuesday. 2020 S/S ordering closes today. The S/S options are identical to a normal RedEye. He went over every option with me. Option packages, stripes etc All the same as far as I can tell. I wanted the Black Hood and the SRT Performance Spoiler and they are available. But I will add those myself to save $$$.

There is talk about only 192 S/S's being available to order. Not sure if that is true. I know they put certain restrictions on orders like only SOLD orders and any Dealer can only order 1 etc. I also think if the 192 were not ordered then they may open the balance up for orders by anyone at the last minute or extend the order window etc. It's scheduling and is subject to changes.

I don't think they were pushing the 2020 S/S ordering because of the limited number of production slots available (if true). But BOTH press releases said ordering would open up by the end of the month. I just happened to hit up my Dealer on Monday and tell him to start checking every day. He called me back and told me we could order on Wednesday and said he would call me as soon as he gets in Wed morning. He called me at 8:05 AM.

@Stl376
I put down a deposit on a TRX but talking with the rep he said he could order me a S/S. Didn't say a word about limited numbers or anything like that.
TRX makes way more sense to me right now then trying to build a hot rod, have a truck (and most likely modify it), and then have the S/S (also likely to be modified).

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #54
Good luck with the car, I hope it works out for you.
I think it will. This will be my 10th new Challenger starting in 2009. The 2020RedEye I just sold and the 2009 SRT8 were PERFECT if you did not race them. The 2009 was a manual and I did not buy it to race it. But it was SO SLOW, I could not stand to look at it. The 2020 RedEye will make someone else an amazing Vehicle. I put many many passes on my 2015 SRT 392 A8, 2016 Hellcat 8HP90 and SRT Demon (674 passes) and they all ran perfect. The Demon did struggle with a minor hiccup if the conditions were not good and that is just the nature of the beast with the power that car was making. The RedEye that I just sold taught me a lot. So if this new Car does misbehave and I cannot fix it with the setup or by going to a better race track with better prep I will tune it. I honestly do not think it will come to that. I expect this car to look great in the HellRaisin color and I expect it to go down the race track just like my Demon did.

Last edited:

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge CHALLENGER HELLCAT REDEYE WIDEBODY
NOTE : ORDER WINDOW FOR 2020 SUPER STOCK CLOSES AFTER THIS FRIDAY 8-21-2020

I ordered my new Super Stock Challenger today. I cut that other one loose but only because I knew I could get this.
It basically orders just like a normal RedEye. Same options etc....Only option I went for is the $1 rear seat delete. Also the car is exactly $3000 more than a RedEye Wide Body just like the press release said. $83,191 Plus T+L.
@EricG
View attachment 22606
Congratulations!!,
You picked a great color.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
NOTE : ORDER WINDOW FOR 2020 SUPER STOCK CLOSES AFTER THIS FRIDAY 8-21-2020

I ordered my new Super Stock Challenger today. I cut that other one loose but only because I knew I could get this.
It basically orders just like a normal RedEye. Same options etc....Only option I went for is the $1 rear seat delete. Also the car is exactly $3000 more than a RedEye Wide Body just like the press release said. $83,191 Plus T+L.
@EricG
View attachment 22606
That color is the most beautiful they ever came out with! You have the car of my dreams coming!

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #57
A couple of the Parts I ordered came in. SRT Performance Spoiler and the Air Inlet Bezel came in (bolts under the hood on top of airbox) and I have the Left Hood Scoop ordered and the new Forgestar F14 18X11 wheels are on order.

The Order for the car has Passed Edit, but I think it might be a while before it is schedulerd to be built and assigned a VIN. I need to be patient.

The air inlet Bezel was bought as a spare to modify for more airflow (that Easter Egg has to go!) and the same for the L hood scoop. I will cut out that screen for more airflow. Also I think it will be benificial to have a replacement in hand to see how it it removed and installed. If I have the hood wrapped matt black I want to remove the scoops. I have watched a few Videos on the Spoiler replacement so I am good to go on that one.

I think the initial set of back tires will be the the 305/45R18 ET STREET R's. I am waiting to see when the wheels arrive, and I will decide then. I get a deal on the Mickey Thompsons so that will be my priority.

I really really hope the car shows up in time for me to take it to TX in January. If not, then I am taking Hellcat Dan's Demon.

0826201103.jpg 0826201104_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
I need to be patient.
I'm thinking this is going to be your biggest challenge. ;)

I hope it comes in in time for you to make it to TX.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #59
I removed/replaced my center scoop from my hood when I added the T/A CAI to my car. I can post the pics of the way that was retained in the hood if you want since I'm guessing your left scoop might be retained in a similar fashion, just let me know.
I have seen really good pics of my setup already. Thank you. But it really does help to have a scoop free so you can look at it first. I even learned something new (besides the easter egg) about the Air Inlet Bezel that I did not know by haveing a spare in hand.

Last edited:

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
No delivery date. But my factory connection said it should be by the end of the year same as the press releases. I told him I need it in time for Legion of Demons in January and I already paid for Brian Mason's private track rental on Jan 9th at HRP. He said I am good unless something unforseen comes up.

Me and that individual that bought my car agreed verbally that it would be 100% stock when he picked it up. I had to change the wheels and tires, put the RH mirror back on, put the trunk carpet board back in Pass seat floor mats etc. The only thing I could not fix on the spur of the moment is put that grille back in the LH Scoop (he did notice this) View attachment 22628 .
What's with that little grill? My Red Eye did not come with that grill, not that I'm complaining. I like it totally open, but was wondering if most REs came with that?