Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #61
19's don't have them. 2020's have the grille to maintain the shape of the scoop. On some 19's when in the sun they distort and warp and bow. 2020's have the grille and a bolt/tower to hold them in place in addition to the clips and adhesive.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
19's don't have them. 2020's have the grille to maintain the shape of the scoop. On some 19's when in the sun they distort and warp and bow. 2020's have the grille and a bolt/tower to hold them in place in addition to the clips and adhesive.
keep up the good work get every advantage you can find it all adds up.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #63
I got some good news today. When I ordered my car I think the order page to protect the Power Dollars rebate did not have a selection for the S/S in the pull down menu or something. He was not able to protect the rebate. He told me they extended the rebate to the end of the year and I will be getting my car by then so nothing to worry about. Whew.

Well, I still have not seen this color in person. Pics on the internet show it as a pale color and sometimes even brownish in settings with less light or if the car is not clean. I grabbed these pics off the internet and if it looks anything near this I am going to be happy. I think I actually like this more than PCP.
. HR RE.jpg HR FENDER.jpg

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge CHALLENGER HELLCAT REDEYE WIDEBODY

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Saw one last weekend. My girlfriends lease is up next year on her '18 Challenger and that is the color she wants to get
20200822_175404 (1).jpg

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I got some good news today. When I ordered my car I think the order page to protect the Power Dollars rebate did not have a selection for the S/S in the pull down menu or something. He was not able to protect the rebate. He told me they extended the rebate to the end of the year and I will be getting my car by then so nothing to worry about. Whew.

Well, I still have not seen this color in person. Pics on the internet show it as a pale color and sometimes even brownish in settings with less light or if the car is not clean. I grabbed these pics off the internet and if it looks anything near this I am going to be happy. I think I actually like this more than PCP.
. View attachment 23225 View attachment 23226
That is my Redeye. I'm glad you were able to find those pictures because when I was looking for more pictures of the PCD, their weren't much out there. It is definitely a color that you must see in person to fully appreciate. It changes so much depending on the light. Low light it almost looks black. I think you will love it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hahahahaa....when I went back and looked at the pics he posted, I was thinking that it might be yours....and how weird would that be if it was......awesome
Yeah the more I think about it, it is kind of weird that my car would pop up on an internet search. @DRAGRCR did you do a Google search of the color or how exactly did you come upon those photos?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
We were just playing on the build site and may do something like this next year
iris.jpg

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #69
Yeah the more I think about it, it is kind of weird that my car would pop up on an internet search. @DRAGRCR did you do a Google search of the color or how exactly did you come upon those photos?

Yeah just Google searched something like Hellraisin Challenger and then click on images. I have done it many times. Resently saw a dealer VID that looked more like your pics. Dark Rich Purple! That pic of your Fender is out of this world.

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Here are some pictures after PPF and ceramic coating.
IMG_20200829_131305_823.jpg IMG_20200829_131305_821.jpg IMG_20200829_115648_217.jpg IMG_20200829_131305_822.jpg

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
The more you show of this color in the varying light.....the more I'm liking it. I wasn't sure I would like this more than Plum Crazy....but I do. I think the darker hue is really allowing this color to show it's character at different times of day.
Absolutely, that is a good description of what this color does in different like. It's not a one trick pony. I'm glad you are enjoying because I definitely am.

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sorry @DRAGRCR, I'll get off your thread lol.

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
I think you're just wetting his whistle for when his comes in.....which hopefully will be soon because I can't wait until he gives us the rundown on that package, and how it compares to his other Challengers.
Most definitely, I'm anxious to see what this SS is all about.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Hellraisin = eggplant LOL

It does look good!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat

. View attachment 23225 View attachment 23226
In those pics...the color looks great...

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #77
Sorry @DRAGRCR, I'll get off your thread lol.

You can post as much as you like as long is it is not mean or a distasteful rant etc. It can even be off topic and it won't bother me as long as it happens to come up naturally and is useful to members. And this Hellraisin color is directly relevent to my thread. My thinking on this color is it's like a red wine grape. Hense the name. One thing about Plumb Crazy Purple is in Photographs there are occasionally times it looks like B5 Blue. I really like that Hellraisin is darker and will not be mistaken for blue. Super cool photos of your car. Thank you.

I found out that I think I am getting a really good deal on my S/S. So happy if that pans out.

I also was worried about build and delivery time etc. Because these cars are not even scheduled yet. But I figured out there are 16 weeks left in the year. I just need it by January please. Sooner is better so I can break it in and get all my mods done. No big deal since I have practice :sneaky:

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Ron... did you see the Hellcat callout for the Red List at Famoso on Dec 5th?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #79
Ron... did you see the Hellcat callout for the Red List at Famoso on Dec 5th?[/QUOTE
No, I did not.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Apparently there are some California Hellcats that think they got something and have put out a challenge. Lol. That got our attention. I’ll see if I can find the flyer. I do have a question about the track and the Red List events. I know you have been a part of that series. How strict are they with the NHRA rules for going under 10 seconds? Does a mid nine get one booted first time or do you get a couple in before they get serious? The shop is going to be one of the sponsoring participants for the first time and will have one of the sponsor pits. We are going to have a number of 9 second capable cars and one that will be looking to do his licensing runs.