Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #101
Good news. All the parts needed to build my car are available and my car was assigned a VIN.
And it gets better. I found out today I am getting the first SRT Super Stock Challanger to be built for sale. They are building just one for marketing purposes before mine and that Car will eventually be sold when they are done with it. I am hearing my Car will be built within 2 weeks and they are going to go over it carefully and make sure it is perfect before releasing it.

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge CHALLENGER HELLCAT REDEYE WIDEBODY
And it gets better. I found out today I am getting the first SRT Super Stock Challanger to be built for sale. They are building just one for marketing purposes before mine and that Car will eventually be sold when they are done with it. I am hearing my Car will be built within 2 weeks and they are going to go over it carefully and make sure it is perfect before releasing it.
Wow, that is super cool. The very first super stock for sale is in Hellraisin . Can I get a signed T-shirt?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
They absolutely know you will use it and help their marketing. Hell yes they want to get it to you and it will be right as they can come. Sounds like you are going to be able to make those races you wanted to do. Makes for a good day.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
Super cool Ron! Happy for you :)

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #105
They absolutely know you will use it and help their marketing. Hell yes they want to get it to you and it will be right as they can come. Sounds like you are going to be able to make those races you wanted to do. Makes for a good day.
Yes I will be going straight to the Drag Strip with it, here locally. And, I already paid for a Private Track rental Jan 9th in Houston TX and Hopefully the Legion of Demons event the following weekend. It's unfortunate that these cars have no special emblems. So the color is new, which will help, but after that the sharp eyed folks will see the Scat Pack brakes and know what it is. Also, if it puts up really good times people will be curious and take notice.

It's funny, but I just assumed some strings got pulled to get me the first customer car built. But it is entirely possible that I was already getting the first car and I was just informed about that fact in the e-mail. I am not sure about the time difference but I ordered at 8:20 AM on the first day here in California. And Sold Vehicles do have priority over stock orders. I know they want the car to be perfect cosmetically but I am not too concerned about that. I just told them to pick me out a good motor, clicked my heels and spun around 3 times.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Red List Hellcat Challenge at Famoso on Dec 5th. 👊

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #107
Red List Hellcat Challenge at Famoso on Dec 5th. 👊
That would be a good event for me to break in my Race Tires & Wheels. I am thinking the car will be here Mid November if all goes well. So.......

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
If I was to guess I'd say the '20 SSRE will be one of the lowest production models Challengers will ever have.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #109
Well, the car is moving along sooner than I was told. I guess if you are to take it literally I was told it would be built within 10 days to 2 weeks. And, NOW is within that time frame.

Car is in TRIM. SSOoooooo Cool.

Last edited:

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
Well, the car is moving along sooner than I was told. I guess if you are to take it literally I was told it would be built within 10 days to 2 weeks. And, NOW is within that time frame.

Car is in TRIM. SSOoooooo Cool.
Good luck !

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
It won't be long until Markp is trying to figure out where to put a SSRE on the Redeye et's list. :giggle:
Man that's going to be a short list!

I hope it's as awesome for you as I expect it to be Ron.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Two Rivers
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Red Eye Challenger
It will be exciting for you and exciting for us to see how it preforms when you get a chance to run it in the cool weather.

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Can U make a copy of the TCM file and share it with all RE members on forum so we can bring it to a tuner and have it downloaded.:giggle::LOL:

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #114
Can U make a copy of the TCM file and share it with all RE members on forum so we can bring it to a tuner and have it downloaded.:giggle::LOL:
Of course. But I suspect it will look similar to the Demon Calibration. I do plan on installing the Z-Automotive Double Bypass cable that I have so I can troubleshoot codes, if any, data log, copy calibrations and reset adaptives with the HP Tuners MPVI2 tool and my Laptop. But I will not be installing the unlocked PCM I have into this car. I am keeping it just in case. But I do need to find out if I am able to use it as is with the new Car and if I can just write this car's stock calibration to it and it will work. Not sure if I can program the VIN into it myself or if the VIN comes along with the Calibration or if it has to be sent back to HP Tuners for a re-unlock.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #115
It will be exciting for you and exciting for us to see how it preforms when you get a chance to run it in the cool weather.
I was thinking about that. The car is coming at the perfect time of year. I even think about the underside being all jacked up with rust etc because of the build and bad weather. The Frostbite car was not rusty but someone drove it through a muddy area so the underneath was covered in mud.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Of course. But I suspect it will look similar to the Demon Calibration. I do plan on installing the Z-Automotive Double Bypass cable that I have so I can troubleshoot codes, if any, data log, copy calibrations and reset adaptives with the HP Tuners MPVI2 tool and my Laptop. But I will not be installing the unlocked PCM I have into this car. I am keeping it just in case. But I do need to find out if I am able to use it as is with the new Car and if I can just write this car's stock calibration to it and it will work. Not sure if I can program the VIN into it myself or if the VIN comes along with the Calibration or if it has to be sent back to HP Tuners for a re-unlock.
I would love a copy of the stock pcm and Tcm for reference.

Thanks
Ron

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #117
I was told the Car would be hanging out at the Factory for a couple extra days for some special treatment. Me and Hellcat Dan talked about this and we think my car is grouped with or tagging along with that car being built for Marketing purposes, which makes sense.

I think my car is finished being built since it was in TRIM on Wed. I believe TRIM is where the Painted Body is mated to the front and back cradles on a Jig with the Engine, Trans and Diff etc. and finished off with Glass interior etc.

But it has regressed or it has gone back to Paint. That is what I was told on Friday. So it might be getting buffed /polished (hopefully) or possibly some paint repair. It will be interesting to see what might have happened to it. My Demon had the LF Fender removed and re painted at the factory. All the bolts had been turned and the paint was chipped off them etc.

Jim did say it would take a couple extra days but it would be worth it so I am not worried. I will check on it again next Wed or so and give an update.........

Bordercat_797

Active Duty U.S. Army
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
El Paso
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Dodge CHALLENGER HELLCAT REDEYE WIDEBODY
I was told the Car would be hanging out at the Factory for a couple extra days for some special treatment. Me and Hellcat Dan talked about this and we think my car is grouped with or tagging along with that car being built for Marketing purposes, which makes sense.

I think my car is finished being built since it was in TRIM on Wed. I believe TRIM is where the Painted Body is mated to the front and back cradles on a Jig with the Engine, Trans and Diff etc. and finished off with Glass interior etc.

But it has regressed or it has gone back to Paint. That is what I was told on Friday. So it might be getting buffed /polished (hopefully) or possibly some paint repair. It will be interesting to see what might have happened to it. My Demon had the LF Fender removed and re painted at the factory. All the bolts had been turned and the paint was chipped off them etc.

Jim did say it would take a couple extra days but it would be worth it so I am not worried. I will check on it again next Wed or so and give an update.........
Exciting! Thanks for the update.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Any regrets on selling the Demon at this point? Or was it a case of "been there, done that"?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #120
Any regrets on selling the Demon at this point? Or was it a case of "been there, done that"?
Not really any regrets to speak of. I really was not going to chase those Guys or Gals that were gutting their interiors and literally every other item in the car that would un bolt or un snap or un clip etc. you get the idea. That and it was time for a change. It sucks that Frostbite car did not work perfectly. I will always wonder how that would have done if it did not hiccup. You cannot argue with 108 MPH in the 1/8th @+1600 DA. And that was WITH that massive hiccup. Kind of a bummer I had to change directions so soon again but the Super Stock was calling me.

Also I really did not baby the Demon. So it had a lot of passes, lots of street miles and all the wear and tear that goes along with that. And I did not have the crate. So I am really happy with what I got for it. Now I get a brand new mint car again.

The one really good thing about the Frostbite car is it taught me about HP Tuners, data logging reading and writing tunes etc. I am greatful for that and even though I do not plan on tuning this car I now know how to trouble shoot codes and reset adaptives etc.

Some of my Friends on FaceBook just got after the lightweights and posted the most hilarious photo with a smart ass caption. I could not stop laughing although I did not comment........... 119660892_10223852795969045_3564455665708340065_o.jpg