Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

DRAGRCR SRT SUPER STOCK

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #561
THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO KNOW^^^^^^
I don't have that info for you. I don't think ANYBODY has that info.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #562
What was the actual damage, ie. Ring/pinion; case; drive shaft; axle shaft ? Did you clean the rubber off the quarters and put street tires on it? I'm thinking if that were to ever happen to me, I'd have it towed home where I'd change out to street wheels / tires and clean up the car of the drag radial burnout mess. Then have it brought to the dealer...
I would not ask FCA to fix my car and then lie to them about what I was doing with the car. I am pretty sure FCA knows I race my car and that I put better tires on it. It's all over in the beginning of this thread. Maybe some people would feel better if it was on the OEM Nittos including some in the repair chain I mentioned above. But it is a trade off. Maybe a little more initial load VS wheel hop. Either one can and will break the Diff. The car has 800 HP and it is designed and delivered to load that drivetrain and I think the Failure is valid. It's just a fact of life along with basic physics.
. 0121211153a.jpg

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I would not ask FCA to fix my car and then lie to them about what I was doing with the car. I am pretty sure FCA knows I race my car and that I put better tires on it. It's all over in the beginning of this thread. Maybe some people would feel better if it was on the OEM Nittos including some in the repair chain I mentioned above. But it is a trade off. Maybe a little more initial load VS wheel hop. Either one can and will break the Diff. The car has 800 HP and it is designed and delivered to load that drivetrain and I think the Failure is valid. It's just a fact of life along with basic physics.
. View attachment 38001
Sorry that happen to ya Ron @DRAGRCR, hopefully it works out & get it fixed soon.

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
You don't have to lie. You just modify your thought process a little on this. To me, there is no difference in warming your stock drag radials on the street; stopping and then hitting the throttle hard for some spirited driving, or doing that at a race track. But with some people, as soon as you say you were at a "race track", now "YOU WERE RACING?? WARRANTY DENIED!" It's all a matter of how different people think differently. I would never set myself up for the possibility of my warranty being denied just because someone's "buzz word" for denying the warranty may be the word "racing".

You don't have to convince me of how these cars were built and marketed. I fully agree with you on that. You just need to convince the people at FCA if they try to deny your warranty.

I think this is a "to each his own" topic here. I just hope your full disclosure doesn't cost you big $$$

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #565
You don't have to lie. You just modify your thought process a little on this. To me, there is no difference in warming your stock drag radials on the street; stopping and then hitting the throttle hard for some spirited driving, or doing that at a race track. But with some people, as soon as you say you were at a "race track", now "YOU WERE RACING?? WARRANTY DENIED!" It's all a matter of how different people think differently. I would never set myself up for the possibility of my warranty being denied just because someone's "buzz word" for denying the warranty may be the word "racing".

You don't have to convince me of how these cars were built and marketed. I fully agree with you on that. You just need to convince the people at FCA if they try to deny your warranty.

I think this is a "to each his own" topic here. I just hope your full disclosure doesn't cost you big $$$
Interestingly enough, the feeling I got was they just wanted to make sure there was no neglect or abuse. Sounds logical. So, they wanted to verify I was not jumping the car over railroad tracks, not drifting it over uneven surfaces, not neutral dropping it or putting it through massive wheel hop etc. They just wanted to know that I was knowledgeable, not abusive and was responsible and using the car for normal purposes.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #566
We are still waiting on AXLES. ETA 2 more weeks.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #567
Geesh, was told today they are waiting on a Driveshaft. ETA 3-15-2021.........Since I sold my Truck I have not driven a motor vehicle or even ridden in one. I just walk everywhere. Probably the first time I have gone a MONTH in my Adult life.

So I bitched and was told I am next in line to get a rental car. Apparently they get just a few and keep them? He says when one gets turned in at the dealership they will uber me over.........

So, I gave up on the Forgestar F14's. Ordered August 20th. Over a month ago I was told the material had come in and it would take 2 weeks to drill them and get them painted. So I waited over a month and inquired. Then I was told the EXACT same thing. What??? No !

So, now the plan is to use the SRT Demon wheels I had bought from Hellcat Dan with 305/45R18 ET Street R's on them. I used them in Sacramento and for Red List in Bakersfield. Since the finish is so crappy on those wheels I am going to have them Powder Coated Gloss Gunmetal to match the F14 front Skinnies and be done with it. OEM Wheels accept TPMS and are hubcentric etc.....Good to go. I will be mounting up the Hoosier Drag Bracket Radials in a 29.5X11.5R18 size. That IS going to be my local street driving setup. If I have to go a long ways (beyond Irwindale Drag Strip) I will mount up the original wheels/tires on the Rear.

Grape Ape

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Braselton
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Geesh, was told today they are waiting on a Driveshaft. ETA 3-15-2021.........Since I sold my Truck I have not driven a motor vehicle or even ridden in one. I just walk everywhere. Probably the first time I have gone a MONTH in my Adult life.

So I bitched and was told I am next in line to get a rental car. Apparently they get just a few and keep them? He says when one gets turned in at the dealership they will uber me over.........

So, I gave up on the Forgestar F14's. Ordered August 20th. Over a month ago I was told the material had come in and it would take 2 weeks to drill them and get them painted. So I waited over a month and inquired. Then I was told the EXACT same thing. What??? No !

So, now the plan is to use the SRT Demon wheels I had bought from Hellcat Dan with 305/45R18 ET Street R's on them. I used them in Sacramento and for Red List in Bakersfield. Since the finish is so crappy on those wheels I am going to have them Powder Coated Gloss Gunmetal to match the F14 front Skinnies and be done with it. OEM Wheels accept TPMS and are hubcentric etc.....Good to go. I will be mounting up the Hoosier Drag Bracket Radials in a 29.5X11.5R18 size. That IS going to be my local street driving setup. If I have to go a long ways (beyond Irwindale Drag Strip) I will mount up the original wheels/tires on the Rear.
That is not good news about the F14's. I just ordered a set of beadlock F14's for mine.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Sigh, I'd hoped to be hitting the track for some rare good DA around here on Saturday in Bowling Green, KY. Well, local track was flooded with 7 inches of rain on Sunday :( It's currently under about 6 feet of water.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon

Well that sucks Ron,great customer service from Dodge,I would expect them to look after you way better than this,let me guess “due to COVID our after sale will be shoddy”

oilburner

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
coboconk
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 challenger hellcat
Well that sucks Ron,great customer service from Dodge,I would expect them to look after you way better than this,let me guess “due to COVID our after sale will be shoddy”
nobody wants that car out of there more than the shop were it is, an the tech that`s working on it .it`s a real pain in the ass when your waiting for parts while the car ties up a bay or your pushing the car in an out every day until the part shows up............did it for over 45 years:confused:

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
Ron any news on your car? I Cant break 50’ here on Long Island. So my car just sits. Haven't even pulled the pass seat out yet! Lol.. staying busy by working on the 70 Camaro motor swap..Worked stroker pulled.. LT4 going in! Hope your SS is back soon, as you are my beta car! 😉

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #573
They are waiting on the Driveshaft. ETA 3-15-2021, but he said not to hold my breath. He told me that Chris will knock it out in one day once all the parts are in. I was surprised to see the car has not even been taken apart yet. They put it on a lift to take pics and then pushed it out back. I was getting strange reports on Sirrus Guardian so it had me thinking the Battery might be low or dead. And that is an $1800 battery. If it gets below 9 Volts it has to go back to Braille to MAYBE get recovered. Or it might be trash.

So I went over there today with 5 gallons of fuel (since the tank was dry) and a topped off OEM Battery. I check the voltage and it was low but not dead. So I started it and ran it for 30 minutes. I forgot you cannot free rev while in Park any more. It's 2200 RPM max. That battery is cool. It cranked hard and fast. You really notice a difference when you put it in a car. My Friend had it in his Hellcat for a few months maintaining it while my Super Stock was on order (I took his Battery and put it in the RedEye when I sold it). He was blown away the first time he hit the starter.

More news. I know of 2 other Super Stocks and they both dissapointed but were running stock tires. My car will hiccup when in negative DA and running on the LW race wheels/tires. With my Car there is no rhyme or reason. It will hiccup, hiccup hiccup and then lay down a couple good passes and then back to hiccup and I have NOT figured out what is causing it. I think with weight reduction in negative DA the car will have to have a slight calibration adjustment.

In positive DA with heavier wheels and tires it did excellent. Here are my Runs from Red List. When you lay them out like this it is interesting to see.

RED LIST
10:02 AM 10.154 135.99 1.445 DA 469
12:51 PM 10.203 134.16 1.461 DA 1300
1:17 PM 10.242 134.73 1.461
1:30 PM 10.792 132.68 1.777 SPUN and let off momentarily
1:39 PM 10.241 134.95 1.468
2:01 PM 10.256 133.68 1.462 DA 1455
2:14 PM 10.218 133.65 1.455
2:32 PM 10.246 134.22 1.459
2:55 PM 10.189 134.16 1.454 DA 1400
3:22 PM 10.231 133.45 1.458
3:58 PM 10.218 133.80 1.449 DA 1344
4:45 PM Spun bad and let off. Closing at 5PM and as always they let the track go to shit.

Last edited:

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
They are waiting on the Driveshaft. ETA 3-15-2021, but he said not to hold my breath. He told me that Chris will knock it out in one day once all the parts are in. I was surprised to see the car has not even been taken apart yet. They put it on a lift to take pics and then pushed it out back. I was getting strange reports on Sirrus Guardian so it had me thinking the Battery might be low or dead. And that is an $1800 battery. If it gets below 9 Volts it has to go back to Braille to MAYBE get recovered. Or it might be trash.

So I went over there today with 5 gallons of fuel (since the tank was dry) and a topped off OEM Battery. I check the voltage and it was low but not dead. So I started it and ran it for 30 minutes. I forgot you cannot free rev while in Park any more. It's 2200 RPM max. That battery is cool. It cranked hard and fast. You really notice a difference when you put it in a car. My Friend had it in his Hellcat for a few months maintaining it while my Super Stock was on order (I took his Battery and put it in the RedEye when I sold it). He was blown away the first time he hit the starter.

More news. I know of 2 other Super Stocks and they both dissapointed but were running stock tires. My car will hiccup when in negative DA and running on the LW race wheels/tires. With my Car there is no rhyme or reason. It will hiccup, hiccup hiccup and then lay down a couple good passes and then back to hiccup and I have NOT figured out what is causing it. I think with weight reduction in negative DA the car will have to have a slight calibration adjustment.

In positive DA with heavier wheels and tires it did excellent. Here are my Runs from Red List. When you lay them out like this it is interesting to see.

RED LIST
10:02 AM 10.154 135.99 1.445 DA 469
12:51 PM 10.203 134.16 1.461 DA 1300
1:17 PM 10.242 134.73 1.461
1:30 PM 10.792 132.68 1.777 SPUN and let off momentarily
1:39 PM 10.241 134.95 1.468
2:01 PM 10.256 133.68 1.462 DA 1455
2:14 PM 10.218 133.65 1.455
2:32 PM 10.246 134.22 1.459
2:55 PM 10.189 134.16 1.454 DA 1400
3:22 PM 10.231 133.45 1.458
3:58 PM 10.218 133.80 1.449 DA 1344
4:45 PM Spun bad and let off. Closing at 5PM and as always they let the track go to shit.
Impressive..That’s a lot of runs..do you think the hiccups are just the car “learning” and with more miles it will eventually stop with the hiccup? Or you think it is just a gremlin?

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #575
Impressive..That’s a lot of runs..do you think the hiccups are just the car “learning” and with more miles it will eventually stop with the hiccup? Or you think it is just a gremlin?
It's not learning. If it was it would straighten out and then be good from then on. When you take weight out and get in negative DA the car is outside the stock calibration window. It's going to hiccup. I just have not figured out a workaround other than going back to 100% stock and running in worse DA. As you can see above in average DA the car works fine. Nothing to complain about.

WidebodyCat

Member ID
Reactions
City
Holbrook
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Widebody Hellcat
It's not learning. If it was it would straighten out and then be good from then on. When you take weight out and get in negative DA the car is outside the stock calibration window. It's going to hiccup. I just have not figured out a workaround other than going back to 100% stock and running in worse DA. As you can see above in average DA the car works fine. Nothing to complain about.
Lol.. weight reduction bad?
Pass seat removal?
Rear seat delete??
Bad Da is good?
You’re saying, it seems these things hurt us?
This info fits perfectly into the world as we know it today! Being it’s Bizzaro! Lol.
I cant wait, my trailer should be ready any day! Hoping to get at least one track day in before end of month. Only thing I wish they would of thrown in the Super Stock was trans brake!
Other then that. Its awesome.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #577
Demon wheel powder coated Gloss Gunmetal to match the front F14's.
. 0311211437.jpg

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #578
Got the tires mounted today. Hoosier 29.5X11.5R18 DBR Radial Slick.
0312211028a_HDR.jpg 0312211028_HDR.jpg

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Looks like I'll be switching from the dr2 that I've been running...let me know how they hook.

OP
D

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Thread Starter #580
Looks like I'll be switching from the dr2 that I've been running...let me know how they hook.
A Friend of mine was running them on his Demon when I was in Houston on Jan 9th. He drove 65 miles to the track with them and he said they drove fine. He was pulling the wheels with the fatties on the front. I told him he could probably drive around the water and not even do a burnout.