Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Exhaust scares small children

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
Sorry if my post sounded like I wanted to start a pissing contest.
You sound like a great guy and a great dad.
Key with kids is the time and teaching them there are no limits except those they impose themselves. Seems we agree on that, the rest are details.
It is all good, man. Our roles as parents (and mentors) is to raise children above our personal accomplishments with focus, compassion, patience and understanding.

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
It is all good, man. Our roles as parents (and mentors) is to raise children above our personal accomplishments with focus, compassion, patience and understanding.
^5 !

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
I guess I disagree on the limit thing. There are a lot of things financially out of range to some of the class's of people. Or at least should be, if you have not the means to do certain things, I don't feel it is wise these days to go in debt beyond anyone's practical ability to ever get out of it, just to say you did something. You can reach to far in this world. and when you do it can be a disaster, One you cant recover from. Within in reason is always a good test bed.

motorhead

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ottawa
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Widebody
I guess I disagree on the limit thing. There are a lot of things financially out of range to some of the class's of people. Or at least should be, if you have not the means to do certain things, I don't feel it is wise these days to go in debt beyond anyone's practical ability to ever get out of it, just to say you did something. You can reach to far in this world. and when you do it can be a disaster, One you cant recover from. Within in reason is always a good test bed.
Well that is a question of exercising good judgement. But, hustling your ass off can raise your station... setting goals and remaining motivated will make for a very satisfying life. I've been told I was over-reaching on more than one occasion - they were obviously wrong; however, I have never forgotten the humility of coming up short in life and that failure is a hell of a teacher. Don't get upset, sort it out.

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
As long as one goes into the Frey with the blinders off. I agree. But one needs to realize that failure is possible. So many don't understand that. And when it happens they cannot deal with it. Happiness is not always at the top of the ladder, That's the age old question one has to make when He or She graduates from High school and the World stands before you. What do I want out of the next 50 years of my life.

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
He parked the cart there on purpose for a more dramatic effect.
Anything even remotely close to a parked hellcat is the owners worst enemy

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
A7946447-1611-4CE4-A2A5-E9DF4EC86AD3.jpeg That’s what I got when I left it at the dealer for a day. It took me a month to get them to fix it😡

JRabq

1000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
View attachment 9375 That’s what I got when I left it at the dealer for a day. It took me a month to get them to fix it😡
I am sure you handled it better than I would have. Frankly, I would have had a CONNIPTION!!!

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
I went to high school with the girl that runs the service counter so we’re cool but the manager was (seemingly) not wanting to own up to it at first. I told him to check the cameras. They never did own up to it but they did say they’d take care of it, not as fast as I’d like but nevertheless they did. After all I do get the hellcat, ram and Durango serviced there.

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
I am sure you handled it better than I would have. Frankly, I would have had a CONNIPTION!!!
tumblr_mn4v7r0PNQ1qc9njco3_250.gif

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
I went out to eat with the wifey Christmas Eve night and upon leaving made a toddler and small girl cry.

I like to back my car in, easier since the front is so low. This restaurant is ALWAYS packed so people usually wait outside before being called in. There was two large heat lamps outside to keep folks warm. Well, this Hmong family of at least 8 people with 2 small kids was chatting up a storm and standing literally 5 feet from my exhaust.

When we got into the car, my good considerate boy hat went on and I waved and (kinda) yelled at the family to cover their kids ears. They all looked at me, laughed, and "pretended" to cover their kids ears.

Well f***faces I warned you! Started up the car (mid muff delete btw), each one of them jumped and looked like the holy spirit slapped them right across the face. The poor kids started crying their eyes out and covering their ears.

I felt bad, kinda, I mean I did warn them. Anything like this happen to you guys?
Possibly the funniest thing I’ve read on the interweb in 2019!

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
View attachment 9375 That’s what I got when I left it at the dealer for a day. It took me a month to get them to fix it😡
They just needed to meet your lawyer.....Peter Blunt......then he could explain "The Peter Blunt System"....to motivate them to fix your car..

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Well that is a question of exercising good judgement. But, hustling your ass off can raise your station... setting goals and remaining motivated will make for a very satisfying life. I've been told I was over-reaching on more than one occasion - they were obviously wrong; however, I have never forgotten the humility of coming up short in life and that failure is a hell of a teacher. Don't get upset, sort it out.
Adversity builds character...never fear failure...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Adversity builds character...never fear failure...
Topic related...cant remember scaring any little ones...but my fascination with Scaring the sh*t outta little old blue/grey haired ladies and geriatric old men with those huge wrap around sunglasses.when we go under a bridge..(dump the clutch and stab the throttle.. their cloth interior urine soaked..their depends filled to capacity..I'm convinced this behavior has secured my place in Hell...and all I can do is giggle

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Topic related...cant remember scaring any little ones...but my fascination with Scaring the sh*t outta little old blue/grey haired ladies and geriatric old men with those huge wrap around sunglasses.when we go under a bridge..(dump the clutch and stab the throttle.. their cloth interior urine soaked..their depends filled to capacity..I'm convinced this behavior has secured my place in Hell...and all I can do is giggle
well......I'll save you a place at the club :)

btljce.gif

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
As long as one goes into the Frey with the blinders off. I agree. But one needs to realize that failure is possible. So many don't understand that. And when it happens they cannot deal with it. Happiness is not always at the top of the ladder, That's the age old question one has to make when He or She graduates from High school and the World stands before you. What do I want out of the next 50 years of my life.
Good health..Good sex..Great cars...Roof over my head...we're done...

GBLWRMR

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
South
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Super Stock
Had it happen once and felt pretty bad about it. I live in a close, very blue-collar neighborhood. Left the house one evening with the girlfriend for some wine tasting.. A bunch of the guys from the street were next door drinking a few beers on the driveway.. Buddy does the classic hand gesture to "lite them up". I didn't but I did do a heavy throttle burp with the trans in Track mode. Neighbor Lisa three houses down across the street had her back to us and unloading groceries from her car. The very shocked and angry look I now get leads me to believe someone required a wardrobe change. :poop::poop:

Stormtrooper1320

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bran
State
Non-US
Country
Romania
Vehicle
Panzerkampfwagen 150
Had it happen once and felt pretty bad about it. I live in a close, very blue-collar neighborhood. Left the house one evening with the girlfriend for some wine tasting.. A bunch of the guys from the street were next door drinking a few beers on the driveway.. Buddy does the classic hand gesture to "lite them up". I didn't but I did do a heavy throttle burp with the trans in Track mode. Neighbor Lisa three houses down across the street had her back to us and unloading groceries from her car. The very shocked and angry look I now get leads me to believe someone required a wardrobe change. :poop::poop:
Either that...or she finally turned that lump into a diamond.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Drive a Grey Hound. See and smell the world.