Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

FI Supercharger spacer and blanket issue

OP
Alain

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
To help you 100% grasp this There’s also a different nomenclature for the same bent using millimeters, 10PK1485 (1485mm long 10 ribs) is your 5100585 in inches :)
Glad we can help!!
yea, I stared at the part numbers for so long that I eventually figured out what that 10PK1485 meant hahaha.
thank you again man. This is why I love pur community and hobby ........people helping people !!!!

No kidding right . When I had my 15% underdrive pulley made I had to figure out belt lengths because I needed a shorter belt. I ended up finding the dayco app to find belt lengths and cross reference other manufacturers. It helped quite a bit . That's also how I found about effective length vs overall length . I'm glad some of my rambling helped lol .

Fwiw I have a ATI 10% O/D with 3 metco idlers and F.I spacers and I use a dayco 5100600 belt and it's right in the middle of the tensioner.

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
my tensioner should land right in the middle after the FI plate install and the new belt.

when and if I go to a smaller upper pulley the Gates, which is a bit smaller than the Dayco Im installing now, should work just fine.

im gonna go look for that Dayco app you mentioned.
thanks again !!!!

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Look in our "For Sale" section.
Might find what you're looking for.

OP
Alain

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #43
Look in our "For Sale" section.
Might find what you're looking for.
Thank you Hunter. I went with a new Dayco belt The belt on the for sale section was not going to be big enough.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Did the Dayco fit? I just installed new idler and tensioner pulley and my tensioner is to the left side like pic a few posts ago. Once I put the plates in there will be no way the belt will work. I was looking at the gates hd belt 100582 but I don't want the green belt 20200531_123046.jpg

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
I don't know how raising something up 1/2 inch in the same plane would cause any belt walk. It may draw attention to a preexisting problem, however, because it could be amplified.
The spacer is not 1/2 inch thick so......

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I also haven't seen any stress on the belt either (belt shavings are a clear sign of either slippage or trying to walk off of a pulley).

@Paladin06

ZZZs???

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Got 2 boxes of those blankets.

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
The spacer is not 1/2 inch thick so......
Doesn't matter if it's 1/4" or 10'... if you're in the same plane, the belt won't pick a side if it's aligned properly. I was using 1/2" to make a point.

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
why Z's though?

Attachments

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
So I did this exact mod and took her to MIR over the weekend. Good times had by all, not a single issue with the car. Boy am I glad I did the swap sooner rather than later. The gaskets where letting oil blow by, the crank case was definitely pressurized. Take a look at these POS gaskets.

IMG_5087.JPG

IMG_5088.JPG

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
So I did this exact mod and took her to MIR over the weekend. Good times had by all, not a single issue with the car. Boy am I glad I did the swap sooner rather than later. The gaskets where letting oil blow by, the crank case was definitely pressurized. Take a look at these POS gaskets.

View attachment 18051

View attachment 18052
The ones from my Hellcat looked ok but the Redeye had some blow by for sure.
65222C81-64BE-41FD-9D2B-F3BA36D96019.jpeg 47F6B028-DC20-4D97-A282-A6DF2EBEBA56.jpeg 7A8ED401-0F2D-4578-925E-DD9DEBC26ADC.jpeg 7461457D-E8DD-46CD-8376-6A860AF62D1F.jpeg

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
My IC was pretty much oiled up... I'm glad I got rid of the bad gaskets when I did. I could only imagine how that engine was feeling after being driven.

OP
Alain

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #55
Did the Dayco fit? I just installed new idler and tensioner pulley and my tensioner is to the left side like pic a few posts ago. Once I put the plates in there will be no way the belt will work. I was looking at the gates hd belt 100582 but I don't want the green belt View attachment 18034
Yep, Dayco worked like a charm. My tensioner is almost perfectly centered.
got the Dayco from amazon ! Easy peasy !!

on a side note, I strongly believe that whatever issues there may have been with the belt alignment after the spacer install must be due to people not replacing the dowels on the bottom of the supercharger with longer ones.

they locate the supercharger precisely where it needs to be. Without those, you are relying on eyeballing plus the bolts lining it up for you.

Remember that openings for the bolts on the supercharger and on the motor are slightly bigger than the Bolts themselves (to allow the bolts to go through). This will cause you to be off alignment ever so slightly, which may be enough to cause issues withe the belt when it is under load.
the dowels On the supercharger and the holes for the dowels located on the motor are a super tight fit, ensuring there is no room for play.

take the extra steps and replace the dowels. They are super cheap and you don’t need any special tools to take the OEM ones out, just patience. Worth the peace of mind, in my opinion.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Friend of mine couldn’t get the old ones out. Trusted the bolts, and it’s working well for him. I’d recommend getting them out at all cost.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I bought the kit from one of the members in the old site about a year ago or so. i am finally getting around to installing the kit now.

As I get ready to do so I am learning that there have been instances where after install, the belt will “walk” itself onto the pulley snout.
supposedly this is due to the change in geometry caused by the added 10mm of height from the spacers.

I plan on reusing the stock belt since I won’t be changing my pulley.

have any of you head of this or experienced it?
I have the spacers & TBA 2.85 pulley & have not had any issue with my belt or pulley.

There has been some issues with the Listens pullies walking back into the snout when a clip has broken enterally.

OP
Alain

Alain

Member ID
Reactions
City
Haskell
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #58
I have the spacers & TBA 2.85 pulley & have not had any issue with my belt or pulley.

There has been some issues with the Listens pullies walking back into the snout when a clip has broken enterally.
That’s news to me. I hadn‘t heard this before. I thought Litens was a good product

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
That’s news to me. I hadn‘t heard this before. I thought Litens was a good product
They are good but there was a bad batch with issues a while back. I know there is threads on it & a buddy works at Peitz Performance & he showed me one first hand on a Track Hawk , pulley broke & went back into the snout.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Yep, Dayco worked like a charm. My tensioner is almost perfectly centered.
got the Dayco from amazon ! Easy peasy !!

on a side note, I strongly believe that whatever issues there may have been with the belt alignment after the spacer install must be due to people not replacing the dowels on the bottom of the supercharger with longer ones.

they locate the supercharger precisely where it needs to be. Without those, you are relying on eyeballing plus the bolts lining it up for you.

Remember that openings for the bolts on the supercharger and on the motor are slightly bigger than the Bolts themselves (to allow the bolts to go through). This will cause you to be off alignment ever so slightly, which may be enough to cause issues withe the belt when it is under load.
the dowels On the supercharger and the holes for the dowels located on the motor are a super tight fit, ensuring there is no room for play.

take the extra steps and replace the dowels. They are super cheap and you don’t need any special tools to take the OEM ones out, just patience. Worth the peace of mind, in my opinion.
That is good to know since I already ordered the belt. Haven't read anything about the dowels. You wouldn't know the size and length needed? I think Ace Hardware would have them.