Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Getting off the line. Help!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Part out

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I have an extra tb I am going to send him to test with. Log shows his stock one is sucking closed a little

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m just kidding of course, hopefully he gets it sorted out

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
I’m just kidding of course, hopefully he gets it sorted out
No you weren't. You were hoping for some cheap parts...😎😎

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #285
Well, looks like Jon and I are going to pump the brakes on this for a bit. I bought Hellno's whipple, so no sense in further chasing issues when Im changing alot out.

Anyone got some advice on installing a whipple? And where to get standard blower bolts?

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Well, looks like Jon and I are going to pump the brakes on this for a bit. I bought Hellno's whipple, so no sense in further chasing issues when Im changing alot out.

Anyone got some advice on installing a whipple? And where to get standard blower bolts?
Whipple takes much shorter bolts. If you buy another temp sensor you can make the wiring plug in play. They want you to cut factory wires but @16GoManGoHC2 shows how to do it in his thread. I did it to mine also. I also bought longer bolts so I could use the FI spacers

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I would get studs.

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #289
Lil update. So should be getting the whipple in the next week or so. While blower is off im going to stud the heads. Additionally im going to move to a demon torque converter unless anyone can recommend something better. Also trying to get in touch with satera to acquire the rings of hell for the whipple.

I have an ati 10% lower to install as well. For now Jon and I are going to keep this around 20lbs of boost due to it still being a stock motor. Ati 10% lower, 3.25 upper should do it.

Sending my dual pump hat to be modified for the triple pump. Running 2150 injectors.

Being a travel nurse Im rarely home so forgive the delays between updates, couple that with im closing on land, it makes for a slow process.

If anyone has any positive helpful advice, send it my way.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m sorry man but if you can’t get it working why change soooo many things and potentially introduce sooo many new problems

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #291
I’m sorry man but if you can’t get it working why change soooo many things and potentially introduce sooo many new problems
You must think im doing all of this to "fix it"

No ive had my eye on a whipple for a while and when i saw a good deal i jumped on it.

The issues i was having this last track day was throttle body sucking closed. Considering i want a whipple anyway and i found a great deal, why bother putting a tb on it. Thats money i could put toward what I really want. A Whipple.

Everything thing else im doing are mods to support said whipple or preventative measures (studs) except for torque converter. Epling suggested I swap them out. Considering hes a record holder, i tend to listen.

Hopefully that clears it up. Think of it as me upgrading. Not fixing it.

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
If I remember… Dave’s supercharger sale included the upgraded throttle body and bypass. No doubt it will all work properly together considering it came from him. Yes you will benefit from the Demon converter. The 2150 injectors may prove to be a bit much with the stock block motor before you go to a more capable long block.

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #293
If I remember… Dave’s supercharger sale included the upgrades throttle body and bypass. No doubt it will all work properly together considering it came from him. Yes you will benefit from the Demon converter. The 2150 injectors may prove to be a bit much with the stock block motor before you go to a more capable long block.
Thats fair. Jon got them dialed in damn nicely on the stock blower so I have no doubt in his capabilities with this whipple.

Yes it has the upgraded tb and bpv so those issues should disappear and I get the blower ive been wanting in one swoop.

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #294
If I remember… Dave’s supercharger sale included the upgraded throttle body and bypass. No doubt it will all work properly together considering it came from him. Yes you will benefit from the Demon converter. The 2150 injectors may prove to be a bit much with the stock block motor before you go to a more capable long block.
Jon was going to send me a tb to test but literally the day he was shipping it out was when I seen Daves whipple and bought it so we just devided to pump brakes and wait

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
It will be interesting to see what kind of duty cycle you have with those on a relatively mild stock displacement motor. Probably 50% 😂

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #296
I cant remembwr right off but it was llloooowwww

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
It will be interesting to see what kind of duty cycle you have with those on a relatively mild stock displacement motor. Probably 50% 😂
He was originally talking going 3.8. But he is going built engine. That whipple 3.0 and pulley in good air will work those 2150s pretty good.
my car has 2150s because I max the 1650s. I’m 100 percent stock engine idles and drives like normal. P

Marc W

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Navy Veteran
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
St. George
State
UT
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
He was originally talking going 3.8. But he is going built engine. That whipple 3.0 and pulley in good air will work those 2150s pretty good.
my car has 2150s because I max the 1650s. I’m 100 percent stock engine idles and drives like normal. P
We use them and they work well with no issues but haven’t had any experience with anything less than larger, much higher demand engines. Impressive that they can be that flexible 👍🏼

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
We use them and they work well with no issues but haven’t had any experience with anything less than larger, much higher demand engines. Impressive that they can be that flexible 👍🏼
The first set I tuned I was amazed I couldn’t believe it.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I’m just saying I wouldn’t change the setup and expect things to work, that’s a lot to change and you could introduce new issues you didn’t have before. I speak from experience, not just what someone at the track told me (regardless of who it is). Wish you the best of luck