Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Getting off the line. Help!

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
I went the other way. I had a whipple 4.5 that gave me nothing but problems. Now I’m in the 9s with less mods than your current setup on a 2.4 spinning off the line. I’ve had the transmission out, superchargers on and off more times than anyone has any business doing lol. Good luck on your quest, but there’s obviously some mechanical issues - and I wouldn’t introduce new problems if it were me

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I wise man told me get out and race, and stop tinkering with the car. There will always be someone faster, it’s all about winning your class - which takes seat time

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
I’m just saying I wouldn’t change the setup and expect things to work, that’s a lot to change and you could introduce new issues you didn’t have before. I speak from experience, not just what someone at the track told me (regardless of who it is). Wish you the best of luck
His throttle body motor is weak. So it was just get a new motor or throttle body or the blower he wanted.

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Challenger Hellcat
Thread Starter #304
I went the other way. I had a whipple 4.5 that gave me nothing but problems. Now I’m in the 9s with less mods than your current setup on a 2.4 spinning off the line. I’ve had the transmission out, superchargers on and off more times than anyone has any business doing lol. Good luck on your quest, but there’s obviously some mechanical issues - and I wouldn’t introduce new problems if it were me
Thanka for the advice bud. From speaking with Jon and taking Speedys advice, minus the TB closing, my setup was making what it should. So i only have that to go on. Trust in my fellow brethren that have more knowledge than I. It should be an interesting adventure.

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
His throttle body motor is weak. So it was just get a new motor or throttle body or the blower he wanted.
Ok, hopefully that’s all that’s wrong. Never heard of a stock throttle body getting sucked closed with stock compression and that boost. Throttle body is $5-700. Kind of a leap to $5-7k for blower setup lol. To each their own

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Been there, thrown the kitchen sink at it, and learned. Sometimes the simple stuff just works

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #307
Ok, hopefully that’s all that’s wrong. Never heard of a stock throttle body getting sucked closed with stock compression and that boost. Throttle body is $5-700. Kind of a leap to $5-7k for blower setup lol. To each their own
I was planning on going to a whipple anyway one day. Just so happened the timing worked out.

1k on a tb ill get rid of within a year.
7k on the blower ive been wanting.
Sure.. Big leap. But atleast im working toward what i want on my car instead of throwing parts at it thatll just get replaced in a years time

Unholy707

5000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orlando
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
I was planning on going to a whipple anyway one day. Just so happened the timing worked out.

1k on a tb ill get rid of within a year.
7k on the blower ive been wanting.
Sure.. Big leap. But atleast im working toward what i want on my car instead of throwing parts at it thatll just get replaced in a years time
I hear ya man, not hating at all. Definitely top notch choices. Hope it all works out, should be a killer setup

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #309
I hear ya man, not hating at all. Definitely top notch choices. Hope it all works out, should be a killer setup
Jon and I got this.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
We use them and they work well with no issues but haven’t had any experience with anything less than larger, much higher demand engines. Impressive that they can be that flexible 👍🏼
I will saw a mustang friend told me his race friend with a mustang struggled with idle control. But I will say he was tuning himself. So who knows.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Been there, thrown the kitchen sink at it, and learned. Sometimes the simple stuff just works
So should he keep trying things then find out it was the tb and then change it to the whipple? That seems like a waste of time. There are a few things going on for sure. I think at this point changing the blower will tell a lot on it being it is fixed or isn't

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #312
Got the Whipple. Will keep everyone posted on this build

Attachments

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #313
Any advice on getting the ATI hub installed? Ive got my stock lower pulley removed but cant seem to get the ATI lower hub to slide onto the crank snout

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Any advice on getting the ATI hub installed? Ive got my stock lower pulley removed but cant seem to get the ATI lower hub to slide onto the crank snout
I have heard of some not fitting. I think it says in the instruction about measuring it. I guess there must be a tolerance difference in the cranks that is acceptable

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Hopefully you clean up that blower, my OCD is triggered :ROFLMAO:

Is the ATI a stock size or 10% over drive? If over drive you need to clearance the front cover.

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #317
I have heard of some not fitting. I think it says in the instruction about measuring it. I guess there must be a tolerance difference in the cranks that is acceptable
I have referenced the post you made. This is an ati 10%

Ive already clearanced the ac bolt boss and the bolt head on the passenger side. My issue is the ATI hub will not slide onto the crank snout. I dont want to force it and booger up the crank snout.

OP
D

Demid22

Nurse
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
JONESBOROUGH
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #318
Hopefully you clean up that blower, my OCD is triggered :ROFLMAO:

Is the ATI a stock size or 10% over drive? If over drive you need to clearance the front cover.
Yes the blower will be getting a bath before install lol

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
In my searching not finding anything other then what speedy said.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI