Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Going 6's in the Quarter, Yeah Going for the Record

PaVaSteeler

Mole
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
State
VA
Country
United States
I am such a noob at this stuff that I have nothing to contribute that might help you, except My enthusiastic well wishes.

Greg Davies in Ontario owner of a stupid fast magnum that he has made super light might be a good source of information.

Best of luck and thanks for sharing!

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
The goal is to be faster than Goss, now that I said that, I know it will come back to bite me, the chassis will do it, but gotta have a killer motor.

BTW, there are no Gen III hemis in the 6's but Goss. I am trying to leap frog the pecking order and cause havac. I am good at stirring the pot but I need a timeslip. Absent of a time slip, it is all talk.
You? Stir the pot? LMAO:rolleyes:

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Thread Starter #23
I am glad you posted, I know Greg, it is a small world when it comes to Gen III Hemis. When I say I want to go quicker than Goss, watch what happens (it will be a spirited topic).

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #24
You? Stir the pot? LMAO:rolleyes:
LOL, Brother if I am out of line, you will let me know. I have passion, I am trying to learn from my mistakes.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
LOL, Brother if I am out of line, you will let me know. I have passion, I am trying to learn from my mistakes.
LOL. You're good bud.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
Cole... you’re nuts. :devilish:

Does the car have a name yet? What comes after maximum?

You know better than most what WEIGHT is worth, so I’m sure you have it covered there.

You know you need a GENIII HEMI... so is it gonna be twin turbo or KB? I think both can make the power. I’d go turbo, personally. Billet? How big do you go, 7.0L?

If it’s light enough, a glide is a good choice. What I’ve heard is that they don’t work “well” much above 3000lbs, but that could be hearsay.

From a “shop” perspective... find someone you trust to make the HP, but find a traditional race shop for the rest... there is only 1 other, the man your chasing, so almost NOBODY in the HEMI world could support you like someone who has been doing it for decades with a BBC, or an Elephant. You make sure it’s making power, they can make sure it gets down the track.

Best of luck, thanks for sharing with us!

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
Love to hear about it because I used to be a serious racer...but never in that bracket! Good luck with it!! Hope to hear about your success

Hellion

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Johnstown
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Charger
This all sounds like bench racing to me..... [drummer]

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
On the NT question: if you like that, go for it. Seems from what you're saying it might not be to your liking (particularly with a particular time target). My take has always been once you go down that road you have to stay on it or give it up entirely. I'm a time slip guy myself. You looking to make money off the car? How much do the NT folks put up where you run?

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That's beyond badass!

srtdusty

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Mound
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger
Good luck cole, that thing will be crazy

YMMV

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Morris Co
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
18 Charger HC
Looking good Cole. Keep representing us NJ guys.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #33
Cole... you’re nuts. :devilish:

Does the car have a name yet? What comes after maximum?

You know better than most what WEIGHT is worth, so I’m sure you have it covered there.

You know you need a GENIII HEMI... so is it gonna be twin turbo or KB? I think both can make the power. I’d go turbo, personally. Billet? How big do you go, 7.0L?

If it’s light enough, a glide is a good choice. What I’ve heard is that they don’t work “well” much above 3000lbs, but that could be hearsay.

From a “shop” perspective... find someone you trust to make the HP, but find a traditional race shop for the rest... there is only 1 other, the man your chasing, so almost NOBODY in the HEMI world could support you like someone who has been doing it for decades with a BBC, or an Elephant. You make sure it’s making power, they can make sure it gets down the track.

Best of luck, thanks for sharing with us!

I was thinking of the same wrap since my son loves Dead Pool (I still trying to get him into cars) but instead of Maximum Effort (which works since the Hellcat has stock power train) call it EXTREME.

Barth just announced a similar build with hellcat engine. It will have Gen III power which, as you know is a struggle to get make enough power. The BGE (big gas engine) which is the hellcat block is good for 1,500 HP. The issue is the heads don't stay down (head studs are too small) above the power, so I am told.

This is all for fun, this was going to be a secret build, but I thought we all could use something crazy to discuss other than the why our post counts are 2 digits (wow).

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #34
This all sounds like bench racing to me..... [drummer]

It is my brother, I am glad you are hear, I am trying to get it track ready ASAP.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #35
On the NT question: if you like that, go for it. Seems from what you're saying it might not be to your liking (particularly with a particular time target). My take has always been once you go down that road you have to stay on it or give it up entirely. I'm a time slip guy myself. You looking to make money off the car? How much do the NT folks put up where you run?
I am a time slip, lite the boards up guy, I am not sure how this is going to work out, there is a crazy grudge race world out there, so I am told. The problem is I almost went bankrupt in 2007/2008 in the crisis and since then I cannot gamble (I loved going to Vegas before).

I think I have a NHRA license problem, I think my license is good down to 7.50, I have to inquire.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I've never looked, for obvious reasons... lol, but can they tap out the bolt holes and make room for bigger studs? It's a pretty common thing outside of the GENIII world, not sure if we have room to do it or not though.

DFW_Redeye

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Dallas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
This is an amazing build! By the looks of the pics, it looks so expen$ive!
1567172466904.png

Drbuick

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Slinger
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 challenger hellcat
I remember back in 2010 with the drag radial seen got big with the Duck AKA the mayor at sgmp. with his lights out events, I did a 25.3 at the time never went 6's but went 203 mph when things are smooth it's like a drive down the freeway at 55. but things can also go bad.

good luck be safe

Last edited:
OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #39
Everyone, thanks for the kind words, I will post some more photos as the build progresses.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Everyone, thanks for the kind words, I will post some more photos as the build progresses.
We’ll make sure it stays a secret too.:rolleyes: