Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Going 6's in the Quarter, Yeah Going for the Record

MaxCarnage

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Spokane Valley
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
19' Redeye
HFCOTM
View Images
Holy race car goals!

You said you've broken and done so much of everything, that said what would you never do again that you regret doing? Top biggest mistakes and biggest successes? Favorite mods, fuel, etc. Most people don't have the cash flow or balls to be the first and try out things no one has ever done before. Most (well like me, lol) like more tested and proven results so we get the best bang for our buck, so I appreciate learning things to avoid or things I should be doing on a build.

My goals are much easier to obtain though, I just wanna run 9s lol. It's insane how fast cars have gotten in the last decade. If 10 years ago you told me I could be driving a 9/10 second factory car off the floor room, I would have been hard pressed to believe it!

I hope you hit your goals, something like that takes a ton of dedication and hard work!

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Holy race car goals!

It's insane how fast cars have gotten in the last decade. If 10 years ago you told me I could be driving a 9/10 second factory car off the floor room, I would have been hard pressed to believe it!
Isn’t that the truth. Insane! When I started, Pro Stock cars were running 9s. Now Demons!

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I've said it before and I'll say it again: back in my day 13.5 was pretty damn fast for your basic street rod. We are living in the freaking golden age of ICE speed. And we may be about to be eclipsed by those high performance electrical cars too. A good time to be alive if you're a gear head.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Thread Starter #44
We’ll make sure it stays a secret too.:rolleyes:
Be careful Brother, there is someone I know that is a member here who bought a Demon motor for a special project, does any of this ring a bell?

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #45
I've said it before and I'll say it again: back in my day 13.5 was pretty damn fast for your basic street rod. We are living in the freaking golden age of ICE speed. And we may be about to be eclipsed by those high performance electrical cars too. A good time to be alive if you're a gear head.
I am in the same boat, getting my 68 Cuda to run 13's was a goal that I never achieved, 14.03 was its best, now that is a A body with a stout 340 in there. Unbelievable what is going on today

coolblue

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
I am a time slip, lite the boards up guy, I am not sure how this is going to work out, there is a crazy grudge race world out there, so I am told. The problem is I almost went bankrupt in 2007/2008 in the crisis and since then I cannot gamble (I loved going to Vegas before).

I think I have a NHRA license problem, I think my license is good down to 7.50, I have to inquire.
Be careful Brother, there is someone I know that is a member here who bought a Demon motor for a special project, does any of this ring a bell?
Well you could post it in the secret "founders only" room, but he's probably a founder also, right? Lol.

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Lol. I have no idea what you're talking about.:unsure:

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye
On the NT question: if you like that, go for it. Seems from what you're saying it might not be to your liking (particularly with a particular time target). My take has always been once you go down that road you have to stay on it or give it up entirely. I'm a time slip guy myself. You looking to make money off the car? How much do the NT folks put up where you run?
Interesting post here. I have found that posting the right time slips can be beneficial. I run in both worlds and I do not post my fastest time slips anymore. Many of the slips that recently surfaced were runs made weeks or months ago and the car is now faster. If some one thinks they know how fast I am from a posted slip, they can catch a lane. Slips or not, no one that knows of me will expect my car to only go 10s and likewise no one will think a tube chassis carbon fiber race car will only run 10s either...lol

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Interesting post here. I have found that posting the right time slips can be beneficial. I run in both worlds and I do not post my fastest time slips anymore. Many of the slips that recently surfaced were runs made weeks or months ago and the car is now faster. If some one thinks they know how fast I am from a posted slip, they can catch a lane. Slips or not, no one that knows of me will expect my car to only go 10s and likewise no one will think a tube chassis carbon fiber race car will only run 10s either...lol
Tactics always plays a role!

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #50
Just so everyone knows, Phast Hemi has the Hellcat stock boost record.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Maximum Effort!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Cole,, good luck and I am sure your secret is locked up on this board. Great build. But,, I learned years ago you can keep throwing $$$ at this project and then their is somebody right behind you nipping on your ass. Good luck.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #53
Cole,, good luck and I am sure your secret is locked up on this board. Great build. But,, I learned years ago you can keep throwing $$$ at this project and then their is somebody right behind you nipping on your ass. Good luck.

A certified chassis is needed to play at this level, that is what is posted. This is Street Outlaws type stuff, slower because of gen 3 power plant. Going gen 2, 4,000 HP no problem. Secret is long gone, 95% of gen 3 stuff is street car stuff, this is not that kinda build. A part of me is regretting staying with gen 3, such a handicap, the quickest no prep cars have gen 2 hemi style motors (Vixin, Fireball, etc.).

I am struggling with the engine, big problem,

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
Bad ass car with bad ass goals! Doing this with a Gen3 reminds me of the Chevy boys using small blocks and big blocks. Some guys are absolutely stuck on small blocks when it so much more easily done with a big block.

What would be compromised by going with a Gen2? Is your priority to absolutely stay within the Gen3 world or is it to run 6.xxs ? I think a Gen2 in the newer Challenger would be very cool! And don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Gen3s

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
He is chasing the GEN3 record, the GEN2 record is a bit harder to get to.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Looks like it could be Chris Duncan built ?

Linda [burnout]

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #57
Bad ass car with bad ass goals! Doing this with a Gen3 reminds me of the Chevy boys using small blocks and big blocks. Some guys are absolutely stuck on small blocks when it so much more easily done with a big block.

What would be compromised by going with a Gen2? Is your priority to absolutely stay within the Gen3 world or is it to run 6.xxs ? I think a Gen2 in the newer Challenger would be very cool! And don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Gen3s

Thanks, I have to stay with Gen 3.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #58
He is chasing the GEN3 record, the GEN2 record is a bit harder to get to.
Jack, you are 100% correct. Going Gen II means contending with cars that are stupid fast (5's in the quarter and under 4 in the 1/8).

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I'll have to look in John/Top Cat's saved email pics
Seems to remind me of a Challenger I saw getting built quite a few years ago and had been up for sale for the past couple of years.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #60
As it was said before, the car is not finished, this is all bench racing. Barth just took a similar car to GLD. The car had a hellcat motor in it, I don't think the time slips were posted but the goal was 7's. I hope to get to the track within the next few months, assuming the motor is resolved, and I don't go broke.

BTW Epling just ran 7.84 @ 176 in the heat. Maybe I will borrow his motor. I going to have to call him up, see if there is a rental program.