Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Going 6's in the Quarter, Yeah Going for the Record

Blown7

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Woodstock
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Trackhawk
I don't know you. ..but some of my big name friends do..
Good luck..don't blow anything up

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Thread Starter #62
I don't know you. ..but some of my big name friends do..
Good luck..don't blow anything up

Thanks, that is the goal, however, if I do _____ (I do not say that word with this project) the Forum will know. It is not realistic to think it is no going to break, however, everything is being over sized, for example, transmission will be either a glide or a 2 speed turbo 400 and will be built to handle way more power than the car will have.

Lord Hellcat

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Barking
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
Good luck cole. That is quite a goal you are setting yourself. I hope you achieve it.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
This build is only here, I am not on FB or other social media. It is extreme, I love it. The interior is all carbon fiber, it is a race car, plain and simple.
Respect level just skyrocketed.

I have rarely experienced a visceral positive reaction to a car such as I experienced viewing your car. Usually it's kind of a "been there, seen that." Not consciously, but just unconsciously.

That is one outstanding automobile. I mean, carbon fiber tubs?

Gentlemen, tell me if you agree:

Shouldn't Pro Stock cars be in exactly that same vein? Same exterior shape exactly, and a began-life-in-the-factory engine?

That is one of the best cars I have ever seen. I have no doubt you will attain your goal of 6's.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
I was thinking of the same wrap since my son loves Dead Pool (I still trying to get him into cars) but instead of Maximum Effort (which works since the Hellcat has stock power train) call it EXTREME.

Barth just announced a similar build with hellcat engine. It will have Gen III power which, as you know is a struggle to get make enough power. The BGE (big gas engine) which is the hellcat block is good for 1,500 HP. The issue is the heads don't stay down (head studs are too small) above the power, so I am told.

This is all for fun, this was going to be a secret build, but I thought we all could use something crazy to discuss other than the why our post counts are 2 digits (wow).
Could one tap and install bigger head studs?

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #66
ARP 625 steel head studs are what is needed. Essentially they do not stretch. Not mentioned but here. I obtained them, there is a effort to try restrict race parts for me, some are scared. I got what I need, lets see if the apple chart is missed up.

Last edited:
OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #67
Update, motor is almost done, next is transmission. Looking for suggestions, thinking of powerglide, however many Gen3 racers are launching a turbo 400 on 2nd gear. Need some help here

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
Update, motor is almost done, next is transmission. Looking for suggestions, thinking of powerglide, however many Gen3 racers are launching a turbo 400 on 2nd gear. Need some help here
How about the same tranmissions used by Pro Carbon Blob Bodies (aka Pro Stockers) and other doorslammer classes? Old Lencos, some Liberty or Jericho clutchless, etc?
https://www.racingjunk.com/Pro-Modified/184007777/Four-Disk-8inch-RAM-Clutch.html

https://team.valvoline.com/inside-transmission-nhra-pro-stock

http://libertysgears.com/our-products/clutchless-transmission/

If you REALLY want to get into the 6's, then you would want to use the same hardware that OTHER people are using to get into the 6's. Why reinvent the wheel?

On another note: other than physical size and displacement, what are the obstacles that prevent Gen III's from attaining power increases as great as Gen II's?

Last edited:
OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #69
How about the same tranmissions used by Pro Carbon Blob Bodies (aka Pro Stockers) and other doorslammer classes? Old Lencos, some Liberty or Jericho clutchless, etc?

On another note: other than physical size and displacement, what are the obstacles that prevent Gen III's from attaining power increases as great as Gen II's?
Thanks for the suggestions, I will look into it, I have no agenda, truly seeking help from the Forum, I do not have experniece with 6 second cars, requesting help, something that is never done on a Forum, but when it goes Ricky Bobby, OHH Boy

Last edited:

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
https://www.racingjunk.com/Pro-Modified/184007777/Four-Disk-8inch-RAM-Clutch.html

If you REALLY want to get into the 6's, then you would want to use the same hardware that OTHER people are using to get into the 6's. Why reinvent the wheel?

What are maintenance requirements of these “pro stock” style transmissions and clutches compared to turbo 400 or powerglide? I’d think Cole should take that into consideration.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
What are maintenance requirements of these “pro stock” style transmissions and clutches compared to turbo 400 or powerglide? I’d think Cole should take that into consideration.
They claim they take them apart after every run (open them up, not so much completely dismantle) to change a few gear ratios as they feel or think it will be best for the next round. Since they have no internal clutches, like the Lencos, Powerglides, TH400's, Lencos, etc, there would not be much maintenance to them.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #73

The blocks are not as strong, the aftermarket blocks also fail, gotta keep the power less than 2,000 HP or rebuild the engine after every run. Rumor has it that DART is coming out with a block, now that may be a game changer.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Suwanee
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Better get ready for outlaw MSHS.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
What's MSHS?

Manual Slushbox Hand Shifted?

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
OMG
"NOT ALLOWED EQUIPMENT"
None

This reminds me of the Can Am racing days, but on a drag strip!

Oh, and dual turbo is a single type power adder!
1575924756389.png

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
lol, pretty pathetic we have to weigh before each pass. but there are sumbitches all over.

OP
C

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #79
Minimum weight for the outlaw class is 3,300 pounds, what a joke. Most events with a Outlaw class (i.e.Lights Out, etc.) use 2,650 pounds or less. For example, NMCA class rules have weight depending on displacement and power adder being used. For twin turbo and small block mopar (i.e. Gen 3 hemi) minimum weight is 2,375 pounds.

Focused on the motor right now, tool steel head studs, 6 bolt billet mains and crank being used.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Detroit
State
Non-US
Country
Afghanistan
lol, pretty pathetic we have to weigh before each pass. but there are sumbitches all over.
NO, it's worse. you have to weigh AFTER the pass, so your enemies can spy on exactly how much weight your car has lost, thus being able to have knowledge of your setup to which they should not have access.

Seems stupid to me. I wouldn't want to race in such a class as my first choice. 3300 pounds, also? What next? You have to have your car x-rayed, engine dismantled for pictures on Instagram, and photos of you naked, with DNA samples?