Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

I hate thieves

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
This thread made me buy some wheel locks. $40 at Amazon.

Matt someone with an SRT

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newtown
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Charger SRT HellcatJailbreak , 2019 RedEye WB
The thieves did leave me on 4 nice cinder blocks.. so it could have been worse.. atleast they were pro thieves and did a careful job stealing the wheels. Wasn’t a scratch on my car.

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
Does anyone use an alarm system ?

45 years ago my buddy had one that went off if to touched the car

My old big block chev sets off the occasional car alarm in parking lots

Bowtie Guy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Amherstburg
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
Beer Mobile
The thieves did leave me on 4 nice cinder blocks.. so it could have been worse.. atleast they were pro thieves and did a careful job stealing the wheels. Wasn’t a scratch on my car.

Pros would have turned the blocks 90 LOL

Nice the car was left undamaged

ChargerChallenger

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mopar Nation
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
19 Challenger Hellcat Redeye 19 Charger Hellcat
Wheel locks won’t stop the thief since you can typically pound a socket over the wheel lock. A alarm or video alarm is the better solution imo. And yeah wheel locks are piece of mind but the professional thieves get around that.
And here’s the thieves practicing video lol.

OP
CatDaddyB5

CatDaddyB5

Member ID
Reactions
City
Columbus
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #106
Wheel locks won’t stop the thief since you can typically pound a socket over the wheel lock. A alarm or video alarm is the better solution imo. And yeah wheel locks are piece of mind but the professional thieves get around that.
Exactly why I didn’t even bother with them when I ordered my car last September. As an experienced auto technician, I know that trick and also have the tool to remove stripped lug nuts. It’s easily available and easy to use so of course people use it for bad things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

How come the second dude went out of his way to avoid looking at the camera?? :unsure:

Almost seems like they really are the bad guys...

:ROFLMAO:

Tape

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Hell
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye
Why didn't his alarm go off? I remember locking my door and lifting the hood and the alarm went off.

Purerock105

1000 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Reno
State
NV
Country
United States
Vehicle
16' Corvette Z06, 17' Shelby GT350, 17' Raptor
Damn that sucks. 😠

I've seen similar threads in other forums where the vehicles were in gated neighborhoods and the wheels had locking lug nuts. More proof if they want it bad enough, they will get it.

I had some douchebags steal the Lightning SVT emblems off my truck. Parked in front of my garage with outside lights on.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Had an ass wipe take my mercedes hood ornament back in the day... but only after the car was up for sale. I am all old school on that stuff. It was the stand up gunsite ornament, not that flat "button" kind. I don't car about wind resistance. and it helps me aim when I'm scaring pedestrians and wild life.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Very sorry to hear about the theft my fellow Buckeye...we do our "big city" shopping, dining, entertainment in Columbus and I haven't felt comfortable enough to even take the 'cat up there.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Very sorry to hear about the theft my fellow Buckeye...we do our "big city" shopping, dining, entertainment in Columbus and I haven't felt comfortable enough to even take the 'cat up there.
An alarmed garage..no windows..and deadbolt doors...your wheels aint goin anywhere

Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
An alarmed garage..no windows..and deadbolt doors...your wheels aint goin anywhere
Yes indeed! I've got you covered @1971demon...plus the requisite firearms! ;) The problem is leaving it in a parking lot when you're trying to get out on the town...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Yes indeed! I've got you covered @1971demon...plus the requisite firearms! ;) The problem is leaving it in a parking lot when you're trying to get out on the town...
Agreed...thats why I take my ram when parking anywhere I cant see it...it sucks..but its safe..

Member ID
Reactions
City
Southern
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
Agreed...thats why I take my ram when parking anywhere I cant see it...it sucks..but its safe..
Yep...it does suck and I end up using my Ram for the exact same reason!

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
That does suck .., The general public want let you have nice things. They didn't hurt your car cause they know you have insurance. You, more than likely purchase an even better set. Not to let the tires get too many miles, they will be back. I live in a hood where people are retired military and or civil police. Way too many guns. One way in and one out. Young kids live here, stangers, that come and go at all hours and they will be the 1st to shout out. I came from a gated community but keep good people good. Here I have the car in the garage, no doors, no winders, and the brand new garage door makes so much noise, it wood awake Jake the Snake. Guns by the doors and known in the hood to be kinda off the wall. Luky they didn't take the whole car, but they will be back. Buckeye.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
I feel your pain. My son woke up to this today. Of course it was raining overnight too. Fucking assholes. What really sucks is he was parking in the street because it's leaking gas from the filler neck and didn't want that on my new driveway. We were planning on fixing it today after he gets home from work. Would have been (relatively) safely parked behind the house under motion controlled lights if not for the leak. 20200913_101634.jpg

Hunter

9000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Moss Point
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
I feel your pain. My son woke up to this today. Of course it was raining overnight too. Fucking assholes. What really sucks is he was parking in the street because it's leaking gas from the filler neck and didn't want that on my new driveway. We were planning on fixing it today after he gets home from work. Would have been (relatively) safely parked behind the house under motion controlled lights if not for the leak. View attachment 24555
Kill all thieves!
That sucks.
You're never the same after being ripped off / broken into.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Just that back window? Did they take anything? What the hell.

Piening2150

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger Daytona 392
Just that back window? Did they take anything? What the hell.
Yep. You can see on the door frame where they pried on the glass till it broke. Took his backpack and that's it. But it had his school iPad and fancy calculator in it. Teachable moment. I've always told the kids not to leave anything visible in their cars. Maybe now he'll listen? I'm sure the school will try to track the iPad, but that won't be till tomorrow.