Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Jon's Hellcat

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #381
Well Congrats!!
On the pregnant not the axles. 😂

Oh the axles too wth. LOL
IDK the outlaws were maybe overkill but no turning back now. They are about 2 weeks out still.

Smitty

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Canton
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC WB
Congrats on the pregnancy!!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yeah, Congrats on the bambino, now what are some names you going with - if Boy, what about Hellboy & if Girl then Hellcat ? :LOL:

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Congrats on the bun in the oven. We expect Hellcat babyseat pics 🤣

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
After 20 pages,, didn't know John had a hell cat. Where have I been. The hospital,, again??

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
After 20 pages,, didn't know John had a hell cat. Where have I been. The hospital,, again??
Did you get ahold of some bad shine again ?

Hope your ok !

Chuck

Founding Member
Premium Account
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Auburn
State
WA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Redeye Super Stock
Race stars I know cheap wheels but they were 130 bucks each. The recluses. They are what I have on the back. I’m black chrome
The key to the race stars is use the hub centric adapter makes installing wheels much easier

ACMAVRO

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
11 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Ocean Springs
State
MS
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger HC M6
After the axles and the wife being pregnant I'm now also on a strict budget this year...
O ya I don't think anyone knows that. We found out 2 days before I broke the axles. :ROFLMAO:
Congrats Jon!

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
The key to the race stars is use the hub centric adapter makes installing wheels much easier
I had those and they still were stupid. I only owned the front racestars for a few months. The forgestars are way better all the way around. The are lighter and no hard to get lugs with washer on them

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
I had those and they still were stupid. I only owned the front racestars for a few months. The forgestars are way better all the way around. The are lighter and no hard to get lugs with washer on them
I agree. no offence to Jon but, I look at the Race Stars as the beginners cheap race wheels, I had them too (the drag stars), they look nice but there's so much bad with them too compared to Forge Stars for just a little more money.
The recluse wheels are too heavy but they do have conical lugnuts & they do have 10.0" wide rears.
The drag stars rears are only 9.5 wide compared to FS 10.0". , the shank lugnuts suck.
If RS drag star would be 17x10 & conical lugnuts they would be worth having & much better.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Trick to Racestars is using a standard socket instead of deep well.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
I just found this thread and finished all 20 pages !!

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #393
I just found this thread and finished all 20 pages !!
Well you pretty much just read how I didn’t know anything about rear ends and I should have just took the diff apart day one 😂
I agree. no offence to Jon but, I look at the Race Stars as the beginners cheap race wheels, I had them too (the drag stars), they look nice but there's so much bad with them too compared to Forge Stars for just a little more money.
The recluse wheels are too heavy but they do have conical lugnuts & they do have 10.0" wide rears.
The drag stars rears are only 9.5 wide compared to FS 10.0". , the shank lugnuts suck.
If RS drag star would be 17x10 & conical lugnuts they would be worth having & much better.
These front runners were 130 bucks each and with my rears and these fronts they just use regular lug nuts.
The fronts are only like 2 lbs more each than the forgestar d5s. The f14s are lighter. The way I look at it even if it is 20 lbs difference that isn’t going to change much. The weight of the driver and fuel in the car could about be the difference in weight.
for the price couldn’t pass them up. I haven’t heard of any safety reasons not to use racestars. I would call the bravados even more of a step down. I read reports of people cracking those wheels.
if I was doing it all over again I would have waited and bought a set of forgestar d5s used. I see them on marketplace all the time is a somewhat reasonable drive.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I run Weld rears in 17x10 (S71 I think is the style) which were PRICEY IMO. They're carry over from the old car. The 17x4.5 Weld wouldn't fit the Hellcat so I went with the Racestar Darkstar 18x5. I've had zero problems and they were cheap. I've not found a front runner that is lighter than maybe 2 lbs so for the money it's a good setup.

Once I realized using a shallow socket on an extension made putting the shank lungs on a piece of cake I kicked myself for fighting with the deep well socket for several trips.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I run Weld rears in 17x10 (S71 I think is the style) which were PRICEY IMO. They're carry over from the old car. The 17x4.5 Weld wouldn't fit the Hellcat so I went with the Racestar Darkstar 18x5. I've had zero problems and they were cheap. I've not found a front runner that is lighter than maybe 2 lbs so for the money it's a good setup.

Once I realized using a shallow socket on an extension made putting the shank lungs on a piece of cake I kicked myself for fighting with the deep well socket for several trips.
I find installing the bottom lug nut first helps then I tighten them down slowly in steps.
The biggest issue I have is the lug nuts they use aren't necessarily drilled in the center. So an assortment is helpful. I wish the washers were better quality also.
I wonder why the seat for the washers in the rims aren't flat so they wouldn't destroy the washers so much.
Remember I install mine weekly pretty much. So mine are off and on more than most.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I find moving to forgestar d5 fronts saved me on average 90% aggrivation. :ROFLMAO:

OP
jonx96

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Thread Starter #397
I've never had a single issue with install. But my lugs came with a little tool that a 19mm socket goes over and then I put the lug in the tool. It looks like a long socket that's skinny.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
If I could find some lighter weight I'd change (assuming they closely match the S71 rear Welds). Gotta look good doin' it as they say LOL.

The Racestar Darkstar with M&H front runner only weighs 38lbs. Weld rear with 305/45R17 MT ET Street R is 51lbs.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
I've never had a single issue with install. But my lugs came with a little tool that a 19mm socket goes over and then I put the lug in the tool. It looks like a long socket that's skinny.
The star shaped lugs? You can actually use a regular socket over those…

Also, 20lbs of unsprung weight is HUGE compared to sprung weight. That’s the equivalent of a passenger.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
These front runners were 130 bucks each and with my rears and these fronts they just use regular lug nuts.
The fronts are only like 2 lbs more each than the forgestar d5s. The f14s are lighter. The way I look at it even if it is 20 lbs difference that isn’t going to change much. The weight of the driver and fuel in the car could about be the difference in weight.
for the price couldn’t pass them up. I haven’t heard of any safety reasons not to use racestars. I would call the bravados even more of a step down. I read reports of people cracking those wheels.
if I was doing it all over again I would have waited and bought a set of forgestar d5s used. I see them on marketplace all the time is a somewhat reasonable drive.[/QUOTE]

Defiantly can't beat the price you got.

I didn't have issue with the RS's I had but I was real careful & just a PITA, my buddy Chris stripped out 2 studs when he had his RS's & guess who had to change them :whistle:

Last edited: