Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

NMCA Michigan 131 July 20-23

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
Doesnt become free when you have to buy another set of tires and wheels for one event every year
Aka road kill nights.

Jon I am proud of what you and I have done together as a team with our cars. Have to remember we made the fastest pass with me pussy footing it off the hit. my car was 400 pounds more and no nitrous and a factory trans. We did great know one can take that away from us. If I would have hit it harder off the hit the last pass we could have won the whole thing. That’s on me.

Linda's Hell Cat

4000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bucks County
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Charger Hellcat
I wonder if the Glue for the track prep is still in shortage. It seems I see this complaint all the time about different tracks. Maybe the tracks use less for these kinds of events and more for the Pro racers.
https://dragcoverage.com/nationwide-track-prep-glue-shortage-for-drag-strips/

John and I had a friend who in the beginning (2016) of Hellcat racing took down the "Top Cat" record Although it didn't last long because back then it changed very quickly.

He was using some spray glue on his tires and also took his seats out. His ET was 9.15

Anyway, I don't know the name of it or if it can be bought now. Maybe that would be helpful.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Pimp juice and there some other brands to treat your slicks with.

https://pimpjuicetraction.com/

Last edited:

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I would run the Street Car Shootout or the Street Car Takeover before this event. The competition is balls to the wall.

You guys should run FL2K. This event is off the hook! 10.50 & 9.50 index is sold out.
I wonder if the Glue for the track prep is still in shortage. It seems I see this complaint all the time about different tracks. Maybe the tracks use less for these kinds of events and more for the Pro racers.

John and I had a friend who in the beginning (2016) of Hellcat racing took down the "Top Cat" record Although it didn't last long because back then it changed very quickly.

He was using some spray glue on his tires and also took his seats out. His ET was 9.15

Anyway, I don't know the name of it or if it can be bought now. Maybe that would be helpful.
No prep guys change suspension don’t need glue

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
I raced at Street Car Takeover and it was the same. Prep was fine but I raced a gutted race car Foxbody Mustang. Guy running the pairings gave the guy crap and his reply "it's got a license plate". I never went back.

If it's a street car race make it for street cars. Anyone can build a fast race car with deep enough pockets.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
I raced at Street Car Takeover and it was the same. Prep was fine but I raced a gutted race car Foxbody Mustang. Guy running the pairings gave the guy crap and his reply "it's got a license plate". I never went back.

If it's a street car race make it for street cars. Anyone can build a fast race car with deep enough pockets.
This will be a never ending battle.

Hatermkr

1000 Posts Club
Firefighter
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
West bend
State
WI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 helldemon
If I would have adjust my shocks I probably could have hit mine. I debated for a hour.

the no prep Seen uses water for burnouts not pump juice. And they hook they woek
On Susp

Jon and me are doing road kill nights in 3 weeks that’s no prep we need to figure it out. And on a small tire. I’m testing after I get my trans back in. Dave sent me a new converter to try. See how this goes

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye

Not sure on the glue shortage I haven’t heard any complaints this year but that doesn’t mean anything.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
If I would have adjust my shocks I probably could have hit mine. I debated for a hour.

the no prep Seen uses water for burnouts not pump juice. And they hook they woek
On Susp

Jon and me are doing road kill nights in 3 weeks that’s no prep we need to figure it out. And on a small tire. I’m testing after I get my trans back in. Dave sent me a new converter to try. See how this goes
There was some type of tire treatment that you soaked your slicks in that made them super sticky. Don't know if it's still available.

I watch the no prep guys and their setup looks very old school with tons of weight transfer. Reminds me of super stock.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye

I lost to someone at street car take over in the semi finals with a fender exit exhaust 🤷 I thought hmm not much of a race car nice guy just not my definition of a street car.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
When I indexed raced, I didn't care what I lined up with. It's an index race. Run what ya brung.

Plenty of hood and fender exit turbo cars here in Florida, on the street.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
It's all fine and good on an index race until the supposed street car in the other lane bumps in and rolls up on a trans brake and wins by .2 rt.

jgilj

1000 Posts Club
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
21 Challenger Super Stock
This event in Florida has a bad reputation for having bad prep. No matter what track they run at including Bradenton.
It’s always because Hemi shootout people race at the end of the prep or so it seems. And @vortecd you got too watch everything they do at NMCA many mistakes.

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Aren't a lot of the Hemi shootout folks on plain ol street tires too? No since prepping for that.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It's all fine and good on an index race until the supposed street car in the other lane bumps in and rolls up on a trans brake and wins by .2 rt.
That's part of the game. Are transbrakes & 2 steps illegal on the street?

No decent reaction time with a stock transmission Hellcat. That's a fact. Makes MSHS all the more inviting until you run the dude in the silver jeep that has that in it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
It’s always because Hemi shootout people race at the end of the prep or so it seems. And @vortecd you got too watch everything they do at NMCA many mistakes.
I don't think that they're even doing a light touch up during the cycle? So you're running pretty much no prep. Especially after the hard rubber street tires.

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #138
I lost to someone at street car take over in the semi finals with a fender exit exhaust 🤷 I thought hmm not much of a race car nice guy just not my definition of a street car.
From what I know of him in the past, I bet he drives his more then you do:unsure:

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #139
Not sure what was on my car but it wasn't rubber and I had not seen it before. My tires stick out a little so sometimes it was getting on my car, even my side window, and it wasn't coming off easy. Normally I can use my hand and go over my splash guards and get the rubber off. If I were to do that this time my hand would have been sticky and black. It took bug and tar remover to get it off and you can see it broke it down pretty good. Went through a lot of paper towel. That pile was a small portion of it. So whatever they used didn't help traction and made a mess of everyone car. I went back over it was some spray wax when I was done.
I know this is a visual nightmare for @Speedy! and @BULL :LOL:
20230724_100202.jpg 20230724_100752.jpg 20230724_100523.jpg 20230724_103338.jpg 20230724_100254.jpg 20230724_101618.jpg

OP
vortecd

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thread Starter #140
In the past I have had what I thought was tar stuck in my front tires. We figured out it was glue from the track. Well whatever they were using stuck to my car but not my tires this time. Must have been some Chinese garbage 20230724_114630.jpg