Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Opinions on windshield tint

thetalonguy

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Long Island
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger HC M6
Rhode Island has RIDICULOUS tint laws and whenever I went to get my vehicle inspected I made sure the windows were down...no tint! :p Now they're dinging the inspection stations whenever they jam someone up for tint...because apparently they have nothing else better to do...:rolleyes: It's AMAZING what is selectively enforced/prosecuted/persecuted...
The previous owner of my Viper put a light tint on (not windshield) and then later NY came out with the BS laws. So when I take her in for inspection, I roll the windows down and unplug the window switches. It’s a Viper… they don’t have windows ;-)

I always forget to ask my eye doctor for an exemption form.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
The previous owner of my Viper put a light tint on (not windshield) and then later NY came out with the BS laws. So when I take her in for inspection, I roll the windows down and unplug the window switches. It’s a Viper… they don’t have windows ;-)

I always forget to ask my eye doctor for an exemption form.
You Guys Are Getting Paid 16042023073555.jpg

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Unless you have a guy…
Even if your registration and inspection are “kinda” stuck to the window…. Because of the tint. Haha.

In NYS cops used to pull people over and patrol the streets… I’d say a lot has changed since the riots… they really need a good reason to pull you over now
Yup...you gotta have a guy...I got one..my business is on Eagle st. off Jefferson..(only you and I would know it as God's country:giggle::giggle:)...Buffalo PD...doesn't even know what V&T violations are down there...;);)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
And i dont like that pitch black zero vis limo stuff anyway.
I do. But only on the windows behind the (two) doors. There I usually have them use the darkest tint they have...over already deep tinted OE glass.

Heck, I've painted the glass black (on the inside) on some vehicles. Looks like an expensive limo tint, but cost only a few bucks.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I do. But only on the windows behind the (two) doors. There I usually have them use the darkest tint they have...over already deep tinted OE glass.

Heck, I've painted the glass black (on the inside) on some vehicles. Looks like an expensive limo tint, but cost only a few bucks.
WTF...ya got nobody within 200 miles of ya...it aint like anybody's gonna be peekin in yer rear windows...:rolleyes::giggle::giggle:;)

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
WTF...ya got nobody within 200 miles of ya...it aint like anybody's gonna be peekin in yer rear windows...:rolleyes::giggle::giggle:;)
It's not really a privacy thing, I just like having things "enclosed" behind me. Windshield and two side windows is all I want. Like on the Pete.

A 2-door delivery is close to ideal for me, but they don't make those anymore, so I have to work with what I have.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
It's not really a privacy thing, I just like having things "enclosed" behind me. Windshield and two side windows is all I want. Like on the Pete.

A 2-door delivery is close to ideal for me, but they don't make those anymore, so I have to work with what I have.
We just added 2 new Freightliners 23's to our fleet...a day cab and a condo...way too much tech...and not a fan of the auto's they suck in the snow...last truck I drove was a long nose cornbinder with a mechanical 350 cummins and a fuller 10 spd...logged over 500k trouble free miles..it was an exceptional truck...

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
That couldnt be further from the truth actually. AT 60% it helps with glare from other vehicles especially the azzholes with their high beams on. U actually see BETTER at night and u also see better during the day cause the glare from the sun is gone.

Would never get it done. Bad weather or at night driving could be difficult. I like to see shit.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Bro like EVERY SINGLE car I see in NY city has dark ass tints. Maybe thats because most are 25 yrs and older lol IDN. 70% is legal so one can have a 70% tint on the front window and that would be legal. 70% is still sorta dark.

In NYS...you fail the NYS inspection with ANY tint other than factory...

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Plus, the car just looks 10x better with dark tints.......
IMG_2630.jpeg

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
That couldnt be further from the truth actually. AT 60% it helps with glare from other vehicles especially the azzholes with their high beams on. U actually see BETTER at night and u also see better during the day cause the glare from the sun is gone.
Not for me. I tried it and I couldn't make shit out after dark.

Now 40 years ago it was different. I could see as well at night as during the day.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol fair enough..... Maybe try a lighter tint just to lessen the glare. If u did like 70% or maybe even 80% u could see just as good at night. I deal with photophobia from Lyme disease so I have sensitivity to light. Even day light requires sunglasses for me.

But I hear ya I dont see as well as I use to either sux getting old smh.

Not for me. I tried it and I couldn't make shit out after dark.

Now 40 years ago it was different. I could see as well at night as during the day.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
lol fair enough..... Maybe try a lighter tint just to lessen the glare. If u did like 70% or maybe even 80% u could see just as good at night. I deal with photophobia from Lyme disease so I have sensitivity to light. Even day light requires sunglasses for me.

But I hear ya I dont see as well as I use to either sux getting old smh.
I had Lymes disease. It will fuck you up. Almost killed me before I got rid of it.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Was out of work for 11 months with a PICC line in my arm..... Ppl have no eartly clue how horrible Lyme and its co-infections are.

I had Babesia as well which is essentially Malaria. Its treated with the exact same medication one would treat Malaria with smh. I normally weigh about 210-215 lbs. I was down to 145 lbs! I was literally wasting away! Absolute fucking misery!

Many ppl have ended their lives due to Lyme. Essentially due to being misdiagnosed and mistreated with the wrong meds smh. Lyme is the "Great imitator" and ppl often get the wrong diagnosis cause they get false negative blood work. I tested negative 3 seperate times for Lyme and its co-infections.

It wasnt till I sent my blood to IGenix laboratory in Cali before I was properly diagnosed smh.

I had Lymes disease. It will fuck you up. Almost killed me before I got rid of it.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Was out of work for 11 months with a PICC line in my arm..... Ppl have no eartly clue how horrible Lyme and its co-infections are.

I had Babesia as well which is essentially Malaria. Its treated with the exact same medication one would treat Malaria with smh. I normally weigh about 210-215 lbs. I was down to 145 lbs! I was literally wasting away! Absolute fucking misery!

Many ppl have ended their lives due to Lyme. Essentially due to being misdiagnosed and mistreated with the wrong meds smh. Lyme is the "Great imitator" and ppl often get the wrong diagnosis cause they get false negative blood work. I tested negative 3 seperate times for Lyme and its co-infections.

It wasnt till I sent my blood to IGenix laboratory in Cali before I was properly diagnosed smh.
I was told that I was a malingerer. That nothing was wrong with me. It was a long fight. Took antibiotics for 1 year straight. Doxcycline 4000 mgs daily plus 2 other meds. Only worked short term. 5 years later it came back worse than ever. Believe it or not a biofeedback device finally killed it out of me.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Isn't that transmitted by Gator dung:unsure::unsure:

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
That couldnt be further from the truth actually.
U actually see BETTER at night ....
Hmm. So the elk and deer are easier to spot with a tinted windshield?

But maybe it's a regional thing. Our wildlife doesn't have any lighting whatsoever. Not even basic reflectors.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Funny thing...I need cheaters for close reading..+250...can see far no problem..and I'm a nite driver..can see fine @ nite..but for shooting ..I'm all fucked up..with glasses I can see the sights but cant see the target..without them..can see down range but cant see the sights..that's why all but a few of my long guns are now scoped...and handguns are an issue:(:(

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Funny thing...I need cheaters for close reading..+250...can see far no problem..and I'm a nite driver..can see fine @ nite..but for shooting ..I'm all fucked up..with glasses I can see the sights but cant see the target..without them..can see down range but cant see the sights..that's why all but a few of my long guns are now scoped...and handguns are an issue:(:(
My sights are the blur. Target is clear.