Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Opinions on windshield tint

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Yo Dave,
It's an STD from a gator. Condums boys condums. Ma at's 3 two many. Hey, yo tentster, don't do do it cause that will turn out likesteer that. Do Do. Like el said bufore. Rain will turn lickster black. Fl is a legal state wit killer cop tint,, so they, cops, call it, is legal. NYC nuttin is lagal. Snot iven Hickster talk much less the mayor or gov. Demo craps like the 6 mellons idiots muven to Fl butt the 1s attempting to muve to Fl. Take tat dude muvin to Clarkesville, Tn. He has a cents of humor. Have to have one to muv thay, buttster I did meet a great gal there. Still on my mind, Ft Campbell. Clarkesville is a fine town but I wood have to have a fine piece of ass to move there,,,, I did. Although, I Waz Married. She wav frum Cali, I guess them gals diddent mattah to dem buttster to us southurn boys it waz fer a life style. And lester tell ya, I had a beauti at the homestead wit a step sun. Nose body wail ever hea me talk about him! Good Kid, bad moment. Yepper. Time fer moe drugs. they never run out of em hea.
Hickstea

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Funny thing...I need cheaters for close reading..+250...can see far no problem..and I'm a nite driver..can see fine @ nite..but for shooting ..I'm all fucked up..with glasses I can see the sights but cant see the target..without them..can see down range but cant see the sights..that's why all but a few of my long guns are now scoped...and handguns are an issue:(:(
You need a fermittster to piss there. Tn, Fl grown wit no greepster fer Knew Crap Sters. Bean there 3 times. Best waz goin thru Bristol, Tn track there, a bowl but a track,,, short.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
Funny thing...I need cheaters for close reading..+250...can see far no problem..and I'm a nite driver..can see fine @ nite..but for shooting ..I'm all fucked up..with glasses I can see the sights but cant see the target..without them..can see down range but cant see the sights..that's why all but a few of my long guns are now scoped...and handguns are an issue:(:(
My sights are the blur. Target is clear.
You boys need a good optometrist that will let you bring in your firearms in and work with you to get spectacles that work for shooting sports. They are out there although not easy to find. Mine passed away a couple years ago and luckily they still have my set up info in the office files from when he did mine, new doctor took over and I have not asked them about doing it again because mines still wooking good.

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
You boys need a good optometrist that will let you bring in your firearms in and work with you to get spectacles that work for shooting sports. They are out there although not easy to find. Mine passed away a couple years ago and luckily they still have my set up info in the office files from when he did mine, new doctor took over and I have not asked them about doing it again because mines still wooking good.
I'd rather practice actual conditions over competition.

Most instructors don't understand but that's what we work on.

Bobo

2000 Posts Club
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fremont
State
OH
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Dodge Challenger Super Stock
I'd rather practice actual conditions over competition.

Most instructors don't understand but that's what we work on.
Me to, I don't compete, it's just all shooting sports when it comes to getting a Dr to get your glasses to work with your sites.
I practice the correct use of the 2nd amendment!

DavidKFla

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
East Coast
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
Me to, I don't compete, it's just all shooting sports when it comes to getting a Dr to get your glasses to work with your sites.
I practice the correct use of the 2nd amendment!
We need to start up again. Stopped right before the wife had surgery and she was just released about a month ago.

So much for windshields.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
At 500 / 600 yards I have to have a scope at this point. 100 and 300 meters I can still get away with just iron sights.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
100 and 300 meters I can still get away with just iron sights.
Is that shooting 12-foot alligators, or prairie dogs?

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
12 foot prairie dogs

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
lol, actually a combo of iron and paper targets at 100 and 300, and iron and balloons at 5/600

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
the balloons because you get good movement at that distance. I know; we're weird.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Those sod poodles can move quite well, too. Especially when being shot at.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
the base here used to use a giant vacuum truck with a clear hose to suck the p-dogs out of their holes. I don't know if it killed them when it did it, I suspect not because they showed the truck doing it on TV and everyone could see the p-dog shapes moving through the hose. i should correc that - when the base was here,they killed in every way imagineable. After the base closed in 1977 and the land reverted to the city it was set up as a civilian airport and the more humane vacuum truck was brought in to control the population. Did not last long I believe for unknown reasons; but the truck made it on national television (I was living in Houston when I saw it). The area is over run with p-dogs now.

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
I think a fair amount of them made it over here.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
At 500 / 600 yards I have to have a scope at this point. 100 and 300 meters I can still get away with just iron sights.
Lucky you...

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
Their EYES are pretty easy to see at night time...... Maybe uve never seen one at night IDN lol. Again, a 70% tint would be nearly nothing but would help with light glare. Would have ZERO effect on seeing wildlife at night IDN where ur getting that from bro.

Hmm. So the elk and deer are easier to spot with a tinted windshield?

But maybe it's a regional thing. Our wildlife doesn't have any lighting whatsoever. Not even basic reflectors.

recurveman

U.S. Army Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithton
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Challenger Hellcat WB
I cured that with red dots on my handguns

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Their EYES are pretty easy to see at night time...... Maybe uve never seen one at night IDN lol. Again, a 70% tint would be nearly nothing but would help with light glare. Would have ZERO effect on seeing wildlife at night IDN where ur getting that from bro.
Wouldn't really need any help with light glare since I might meet two vehicles in 75 miles around here at night.

And I must admit that I didn't see a whole lot of elk at night (maybe two or three herds per trip) until getting better lighting. Then it became obvious that I probably had missed seeing hundreds of them during prior drives - they were just a little bit too far to the side to see them with the old headlights.

Thankfully, elk seem to be far more predictable than deer. Or other people on the road, for that matter.

But if you truly believe that it'll be easier to spot them with a darker windshield I'm willing to give it a try. Even though it sounds physically impossible.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States