Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

PPF Hack Job?

Dancap3286

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Astoria
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 hellcat redeye
man that sucks!!! I've always been hesitant to do PPF because of this. My gal is Au Natural. I had a friend who had it done to a white hellcat and it was a place i suggested to him. They did a HORRIBLE job. because his car was white you could see dirt and what looked like lint in between the PPF and his paint. Huge bubbles everywhere and then when the removed it they took a big chunk of paint off the front bumper! F'n disaster man. I don't think they ever really made it right for him.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Land O lakes
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger Hellcat
When I purchased my 2019 Charger I had a front wrap of PPF installed. Bumper and half fenders/hood. Paid 1100 for it.

When I picked up the car my heart sunk to my knees. It just was not what I expected at all. The film was cut oddly on the lower front spoiler and several large spots were not protected at all. In addition, the film ended several mm away from the leading edges across the whole install.

My question is, for those of you who have had PPF added to your Charger (Hellcat/SRT/392), can you post pictures of the details? Here's some examples of what it looks like on my Charger and I'd love to put my mind at ease that it's normal for the amount paid or if I need to go back to the installer.

Thanks!

View attachment 4557 View attachment 4558 View attachment 4559 View attachment 4561
I experienced the same thing. Dirt and water ended up getting behind seams. Had them redo it and just as bad. Ended up peeling it off myself to find scratches in black paint from and exactly knife where they trimmed areas. The price I paid for it, I could have had half the car sanded, parts removed and repainted.