Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Sad Sad Day my SUPER STOCK IS DOA

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
I am sure what the
I would not accept a replacement motor. Try to go the lemon law route, getting a lawyer if need be. Make them take the car back. IMO, a high performance, limited edition car like the SS -will- take a future hit with a non-numbers matching replacement block. Why should you absorb a secondary deflationary hit that had nothing to do with you and was 100% due to poor craftsmanship
I am not sure what the lemon laws are in your state but in NJ, the dealer has 3 attempts to fix the problem or if the car is in the dealership for over 30 days. Why would you advise this approach? I would work with the manufacturer, shit happens. I have nothing but Mopar products, just got rid of my wife's Audi 2014 S6 for a trackhawk (it was the last NonMopar product that we own).

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
It’s not a limited edition. I’d get new engine under warranty and drive it. Even if it was covered under a lemon law, do you really want to go through the whole order and wait process again? Unless you're turned off to Dodge altogether and dont even want one now I can’t see lawyering up already.

Last edited:

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Triple Black
If I had to guess, a lot boy was ripping your car while it was in for fender service.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
I am sure what the

I am not sure what the lemon laws are in your state but in NJ, the dealer has 3 attempts to fix the problem or if the car is in the dealership for over 30 days. Why would you advise this approach? I would work with the manufacturer, shit happens. I have nothing but Mopar products, just got rid of my wife's Audi 2014 S6 for a trackhawk (it was the last NonMopar product that we own).
Lemon laws are pretty standard regarding the the criteria to be met....no way this qualifies for a buy back..not at this point anyway...

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
As I said I am no legal expert so "lemon law" may not be the best approach. However, as someone who has had a lot of experience with classic muscle, if your contention is that having an SR block = having the original block (re: value), I have a bridge for you in Brooklyn I'll sell u really cheap! :)

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
As I said I am no legal expert so "lemon law" may not be the best approach. However, as someone who has had a lot of experience with classic muscle, if your contention is that having an SR block = having the original block (re: value), I have a bridge for you in Brooklyn I'll sell u really cheap! :)
I'm not contending anything...simply stating the lemon law is not even an option at this point..

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
I'm not contending anything...simply stating the lemon law is not even an option at this point..
Maybe that's true, but if it were me it also wouldn't be an option to shrug and accept a reduced value product 1500 miles after a ~100K purchase. Best of luck to the buyer on getting this resolved and still maintaining the full value of your SS!

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Maybe that's true, but if it were me it also wouldn't be an option to shrug and accept a reduced value product 1500 miles after a ~100K purchase. Best of luck to the buyer on getting this resolved and still maintaining the full value of your SS!
I doubt you would prevail...and legal representation is costly...his best course of action at this point..let them repair the car in a timely fashion..and enjoy it as it was meant to be...

OP
U

UNDER PRESSURE

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 DODGE CHALLENGER REDEYE SUPER STOCK
Thread Starter #29
Thanks all. should know more today.

OP
U

UNDER PRESSURE

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 DODGE CHALLENGER REDEYE SUPER STOCK
Thread Starter #30
If I had to guess, a lot boy was ripping your car while it was in for fender service.
I wish I could pin it to that. I gave the black key and set the valet mode. He could have walked faster.

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
I wish I could pin it to that. I gave the black key and set the valet mode. He could have walked faster.
Smart move.
I had no such luck… so I bring it up as a PSA.

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
Shit happens, if you go racing shit happens all the time. IMO, just a bump in the road. Get her fixed and let her rip

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle

Jack_Toepfer

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
Car threw a CEL a few years back for evap. I cleared it so my remote start would continue working and brought it to the dealer to see what was up.
They didn’t know I had a dashcam.
Long story short, they didn’t even do the service I was there for, they suck at driving, they shouldn’t be anywhere near cars, and if I ever find out who they are, they’ll never drive anyone else’s car again.
The dealer replaced the tires that the guys burned off of the car and apologized but refused to tell me who did it. I’ll post the video someday.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
Car threw a CEL a few years back for evap. I cleared it so my remote start would continue working and brought it to the dealer to see what was up.
They didn’t know I had a dashcam.
Long story short, they didn’t even do the service I was there for, they suck at driving, they shouldn’t be anywhere near cars, and if I ever find out who they are, they’ll never drive anyone else’s car again.
The dealer replaced the tires that the guys burned off of the car and apologized but refused to tell me who did it. I’ll post the video someday.
JESUS HORATIO CHRIST

Note to self: I need a dash cam.....

Boris

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Northern
State
IL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Rammer
spun bearing but want to keep numbers matching?
Pull the motor and have it rebuilt.

Dodge will gladly do the repair for you. BUT if you need it to be the way it was from the factory, you will probably have to pay out of pocket for it.
Or order a new one and get rid of this one?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
They actually make the numbers change internally with ZERO input or effort from the customer if they replace the block on warranty. Yes, I unfortunately know that for a fact.

swatdocsc

Premium Account
U.S. Marine Veteran
Law Enforcement
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jefferson City
State
MO
Country
United States
Vehicle
10,R/T12YJKT,15SPS,16 HC,19RE,22 S/S
They actually make the numbers change internally with ZERO input or effort from the customer if they replace the block on warranty. Yes, I unfortunately know that for a fact.
How is that new motor running Sir?

why2kmax

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
12 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shrewsbury
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Indigo Blue Hellcat
I would not accept a replacement motor. Try to go the lemon law route, getting a lawyer if need be. Make them take the car back. IMO, a high performance, limited edition car like the SS -will- take a future hit with a non-numbers matching replacement block. Why should you absorb a secondary deflationary hit that had nothing to do with you and was 100% due to poor craftsmanship
This isnt 1971, they dont do that anymore. Maybe Im wrong but i thought numbers matching was a thing of the past. Even back then a factory replacement with paperwork wasnt the death knell. You want to drive it and enjoy it while you are alive or save it for the next guy? Fk option #2. Life is too short to worry about what its going to be worth in 50 years after you are dead. IMO

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
How is that new motor running Sir?
Have not made it whine yet. As it approaches 200 miles I just went out to check the street equipment. It is darn smooth. Impressive smooth at idle, as I watched it for the first time a while ago, with a little interesting purr. Maybe the fans are still making love before I nail it once. I have not heard that on either of the previous two engines or say three superchargers counting the ‘15. I gently allowed up to 4000 rpm just resting my foot on it and spooling up through my favorite local corners. It seems like it could go. We shall see soon.

What do they do in Mexico, slap them on the dyno and bust on them?