Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Sad Sad Day my SUPER STOCK IS DOA

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Mine seemed too easy. They should be doing the same for everyone. Ship in the long block and add a new SC and any other busted or defective items, remove and replace; done.
I called my dealers parts department and a crate engine could be had quickly as it is in stock somewhere.
This would have been much better than waiting 12 wks so far for a long block. Hell I would be willing to kick in some of the difference in costs at this point.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I called my dealers parts department and a crate engine could be had quickly as it is in stock somewhere.
This would have been much better than waiting 12 wks so far for a long block. Hell I would be willing to kick in some of the difference in costs at this point.
Strange. They told me the long block was in “national inventory”. Shipped and received in like three days. Maybe the Hellcat blocks are tougher to find? The SC was in Milwaukee.

Two weeks ago, received in Bloomington, MN. This one did not have the signatures and literature the original had on the top cover like the original Mexican unit had on it. It runs a bit more smooth, sounds different both front and back to my ear. Not as much whining, more raspy and louder exhaust. Very strange that it sounds different at all, but can’t say anything about performance until we can get a few laps in up north.
78C9E356-D3A2-4780-8897-6614FD83622D.jpeg

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Strange. They told me the long block was in “national inventory”. Shipped and received in like three days. Maybe the Hellcat blocks are tougher to find? The SC was in Milwaukee.

Two weeks ago, received in Bloomington, MN. This one did not have the signatures and literature the original had on the top cover like the original Mexican unit had on it. It runs a bit more smooth, sounds different both front and back to my ear. Not as much whining, more raspy and louder exhaust. Very strange that it sounds different at all, but can’t say anything about performance until we can get a few laps in up north.
View attachment 48385
I asked about a Redeye long block. They would be using my blower and injectors so the only difference would be a bit in the cam.
Nope can't do that as it would be a modification. Now I get to wait for a call from customer service on Monday to give me updates. He was supposed to do that yesterday but had no info.💩
Great help thanks. LOL

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
Bummer Jim, I want to do one of these too.:poop:

cole3986

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
8 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lawrenceville
State
NJ
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat, Demon, Trackhawk and project X,
To all, IMO, time to buy parts, no more trackhawk, 2021 last year, these cars probably all end within 2 years.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
No such thing as numbers matching like vin stamped on block anymore. Just a bar code decal.

I'd definitely ask for some concessions. My 2016 Camaro 2SS had some funky torque converter problem that took 2 months to get parts for. I called Chevy and told them I didn't want the car and to buy it back. They offered me a 5 year b2b warranty as an option so I accepted. Never planned to mod the car and added a bit of value when I sold it. You can ask for the payments be reimbursed and stuff like that since you don't have use of the vehicle.
I don't think this is true. Left of the oil pan is a laser etched vin and on the right of the oil pan is a laser etched engine serial number. Next time you are under there take a look and you will see it.

EricG

1000 Posts Club
Premium Account
10 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Hellcat Redeye
I asked about a Redeye long block. They would be using my blower and injectors so the only difference would be a bit in the cam.
The redeye has different heads and a higher redline due to the different valvetrain I believe.

moparjim

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Vaudreuil
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
The redeye has different heads and a higher redline due to the different valvetrain I believe.
Yes but the Redline is in the tune.
Aside from the cam being slightly more aggressive the car would still run wth my injectors and blower. At least enough to get tuned. Unfortunately they won't do that because it would be a modification.
Warranty may be out by the time I get the car back anyways. LOL

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
RE head from a cast perspective are the same I believe, valve train is upgraded to "high speed" which presumably means valve springs.

My stock Hellcat blower bolted right on.

Purdey28

Military Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Marquette
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2022 Challenger Redeye Jailbreak
Hello all... I just recently purchased my frostbite 2021 Super Stock last month that I ordered March of 2021. I was taking a buddy for a ride in the car nothing crazy and he noticed a sound coming through the cabin. We got out opened the hood and he said I have a bearing going out he couldn't say which one. So with that I went to the dealership and sure as s@#@ rear main bearing spun. So now I am waiting for the approval for a new motor that will basically make the car worth squat. I don't know if its just me and what I have seen coming out of dodge but ever since the merger the cars are not holding together. My only real question would be on the replacement motor would they use a true super stock motor set up or the standard redeye? I guess you wouldn't really know for sure until a dyno pull then what. Sooooooo Pi$$ed
Sorry to hear about your bad luck. But, shit happens.
Redeye, Demon, SS and Jailbreak engines are the same.

Octanewide

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
House of power
State
IL
Country
United States
Anyone have an update on this or know what happened to @UNDER PRESSURE ?

AeroF16

2000 Posts Club
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Great anol low gees. Disapperance.

OP
U

UNDER PRESSURE

U.S. Marine Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
San Tan Valley
State
AZ
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 DODGE CHALLENGER REDEYE SUPER STOCK
Thread Starter #74
Seems pretty self evident that he couldn’t handle…the pressure…
Very clever🤣🤣🤣. Sorry guys I was MIA for a bit. Had some pressing family stuff back east. Anyway I did get the car back and have put a couple of k on the speedo. She seems to be running like she should. No issues to report. Dodge corp did end up giving me a free 100k warranty,covered my rental car, and the dealership hooked me up with some swag. Dodge reached out at least once a week during the repair process and was in direct contact with the dealership. The dealership was not used to that type of attention from corporate so things were tight and right. Thanks for everyone's support. Now its just a waiting game for direct connection to open up.

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Wow, I get it but that's sad. So much for "certified SRT technicians". Guess they can concentrate on changing the oil, lol
No such thing

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
I agree. A year ago went in for a warrranted oil change and they blew the stereo up. Sorry Mr Hickster but if you want the streo to work, you will have to pay the $1,200 to fix. Ugh, what. Nope and the car is under warranty. Oh is it?? Past 3 years. But I have an extended warranty besides I am not paying for it. Week later it was fixed at no cost to me. So, even though they change the oil dosen't make em responsible for a damn sound system. Asses.