Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Say it ain't so, Ron !!

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
It's no big deal. Lets wait until I get the car and see if I can tell any difference. I did not ask to get a one seat build. I do not like to bug people that I know are busy. But if I had thought about it, I could have planted that seed at the time........... Too late now.
Trunk carpet delete .
Should save you 20lbs.

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3
Trunk carpet delete .
Should save you 20lbs.
Seeing as that was the only option he had on the Demon, I'm gonna say probably not.

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Seeing as that was the only option he had on the Demon, I'm gonna say probably not.
I am doing all the easy to attain, normal weight reductions. So the center carpet board in the trunk will be removed and stored and I will probably run with the foam insert in the spare tire well to organize my racing gear when not in use. My air compressor fits perfectly where the OEM one goes but pumps 3 times as fast. I am planning on weekly trips to Irwindale when Corona leaves us and things get back to normal and I always pump up my tires before driving back home on the street. I will most likely not remove the rest of the trunk carpet on the wheel wells etc. I do not like that naked look.

THIS ONE, I am very happy with it and great customer service by this company.

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/85p

. 85P-Compressor.jpg

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon
I am doing all the easy to attain, normal weight reductions. So the center carpet board in the trunk will be removed and stored and I will probably run with the foam insert in the spare tire well to organize my racing gear when not in use. My air compressor fits perfectly where the OEM one goes but pumps 3 times as fast. I am planning on weekly trips to Irwindale when Corona leaves us and things get back to normal and I always pump up my tires before driving back home on the street. I will most likely not remove the rest of the trunk carpet on the wheel wells etc. I do not like that naked look.

THIS ONE, I am very happy with it and great customer service by this company.

https://www.viaircorp.com/portables/85p

. View attachment 14281
20200318_162618.jpg
My favorite Dewalt tool.
I use this at the track.
And around the house.
Battery or 12v cord.
Dial up the psi number
Press play.

Phast Hemi

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
SHELBY TOWNSHIP
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Chall SRT Hellcat Redeye

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
They are good wheels. I've used them for years and run TPMS in them all including the front 18x 5 Skinnies. I have a set of 17s and matching 15s for the rear. A wheel for every occasion.
I am a big believer in TPMS. I decided to even run them in the Rear Win Lites I have coming. Even though they will not fit in the fronts, I have had rear tires go flat 2 times at the race track and both times I noticed the tire going down on pressure via the TPMS display.

I also like running HubCentric rings when possible. Installed these in the F14's today.......
. F14 HUB RING.jpg F14 HUB RING INSTALLED.jpg

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Did you guys know this thread morphed into my RedEye Build Thread?

Well, my Redeye that I ordered is built pending the final installation of some parts. That was the same status I had last 2 times I checked. Then on Monday I was told it went to storage. So, is that storage about to be released by the plant for shipping? Or is it just gonna sit there for months? I looked into buying another car because I have no idea if my car will come any time soon, or if it will even arrive before the racing starts back up again. I was thinking of giving a 1LT Z51 C8 a try. They are out there now with a discount if you know where to look and are willing to travel. But then I realized I have already bought all these wheels and tires. What are the odds that I cannot get a Challenger Redeye AND 6 out of the 8 tires I want are on BackOrder?

Anyhow I now have knowledge that the Cars are in fact sent to a body vendor from Brampton. I am thinking emblems and the hood cold air scoop and hood underneath closeout like the Demon. Not entirely sure. Does not make sense because there are tons of cars built with that hood etc. It's not the rear seat delete because the Indigo Blue car does not have that.The other car I am looking at buying is Indigo Blue with 3.09's and it shows "in transit" on the Dodge web site. Also the salesman told me that it is in Windsor. So it is at the place where stripes are added and other upfitting/finishing.

Now I will spill the beans and this is the other reason why I might jump ship and consider another car. I had asked Jim Wilder if he could have someone "oversee" my build. And I got positive feedback. Then later I had sent him another email to see if he could find out what was going on with my Car not being finished and he said his contact at the factory was not there any more. So I am thinking there is a good possibility the car did not get any special treatment. I am not married to that car any more......
. WHEELS & TIRES REDEYE.jpg

Blkout

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Warner Robins
State
GA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I am a big believer in TPMS. I decided to even run them in the Rear Win Lites I have coming. Even though they will not fit in the fronts, I have had rear tires go flat 2 times at the race track and both times I noticed the tire going down on pressure via the TPMS display.

I also like running HubCentric rings when possible. Installed these in the F14's today.......
. View attachment 14342 View attachment 14343
You can delete the TPMS and save 12oz though!

HRJ

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Porsche GT3

Well, my Redeye that I ordered is built pending the final installation of some parts. That was the same status I had last 2 times I checked. Then on Monday I was told it went to storage. So, is that storage about to be released by the plant for shipping? Or is it just gonna sit there for months? I looked into buying another car because I have no idea if my car will come any time soon, or if it will even arrive before the racing starts back up again. I was thinking of giving a 1LT Z51 C8 a try. They are out there now with a discount if you know where to look and are willing to travel. But then I realized I have already bought all these wheels and tires. What are the odds that I cannot get a Challenger Redeye AND 6 out of the 8 tires I want are on BackOrder?

Anyhow I now have knowledge that the Cars are in fact sent to a body vendor from Brampton. I am thinking emblems and the hood cold air scoop and hood underneath closeout like the Demon. Not entirely sure. Does not make sense because there are tons of cars built with that hood etc. It's not the rear seat delete because the Indigo Blue car does not have that.The other car I am looking at buying is Indigo Blue with 3.09's and it shows "in transit" on the Dodge web site. Also the salesman told me that it is in Windsor. So it is at the place where stripes are added and other upfitting/finishing.

Now I will spill the beans and this is the other reason why I might jump ship and consider another car. I had asked Jim Wilder if he could have someone "oversee" my build. And I got positive feedback. Then later I had sent him another email to see if he could find out what was going on with my Car not being finished and he said his contact at the factory was not there any more. So I am thinking there is a good possibility the car did not get any special treatment. I am not married to that car any more......
. View attachment 14611
Aw man..... that f#€#!~£ sucks.

Maxboost

Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuquay varina
State
NC
Country
United States
Jump

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon

. View attachment 14611
Well that bites. I’ve held back on spilling the beans for nothing!

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
I think maybe you could save a ton of cash buying one from a dealers inventory Ron,in these worrying times.

TNREDEYE

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Shelbyville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Super Stock
"Did you guys know this thread morphed into my RedEye Build Thread?"

Yep.. you'll have to move out of here soon and hang out with us mere mortals. ;)

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
I think maybe you could save a ton of cash buying one from a dealers inventory Ron,in these worrying times.
I am 100% considering this. In my situation I need to make every dollar count. If I for sure want to get a RedEye, then I need to wait a couple weeks and see if the car I ordered is finished and released by the plant. Realistically I need to wait 3 weeks or so. But to really save money and put a serious chunk of change in my savings, I am considering buying a regular old Scat Pack. It is a 2020 Frostbite, but not a 1320. ALL the available left over 2019 1320's suck. And no 2020's have been built that I know of. I can get a stripped Scat Pack Auto for less than 1/2 what my RedEye is going to cost. I would be putting $36,000 in savings. I think a stripped Scat Pack with the seats deleted and light weight wheels and tires, battery etc will run great and dead hook every time.

Member ID
Reactions
City
Saint Paul
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dodge SRT Demon

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Savings are a great thing at the moment Ron,hell if you wait a while longer you may be able to get your old car back and make a BIG profit 😜

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
Zero chance of getting a 1320 right now for me. All leftover 19's are loaded which adds weight and cost. Double downer. I also do beleive they have not made any 2020's yet. I know they took orders but the one person I know ordered one did not get built yet.

Now the thoughts. I have searched every way possible from any angle possible and I cannot confirm that a scat pack 1320 has a high stall converter. I have seen where news releases and a hot rod article say it does have a high stall and I have seen it has been said it gets the actual Demon converter, that the 8HP90 converter will work in a 8HP70. But I know from experience with so much less torque it will stall less etc. etc. I have called dealer parts department and had them look it up and they only show ONE converter for a Scat Pack. So after saying all that, I feel that a regular Scat Pack with weight reduction and dead hooking will in fact run the same as a 1320 Scat Pack. Or very close. Providing the converter is the same the only advantage to a real 1320 would be transmission shift programming. I honestly do not think the engine tune is different either. Official FCA release does NOT say anything about a high stall converter and it said the 1320 should be .3 faster. I attribute most of that difference to weight reduction suspension and tires. If you dead hook on a better tire then the tires and suspension are MOOT. And I plan on equal to or better weight reduction than a stripped 1320. I am leaning this way because I like to learn and I like a challenge.

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
Zero chance of getting a 1320 right now for me. All leftover 19's are loaded which adds weight and cost. Double downer. I also do beleive they have not made any 2020's yet. I know they took orders but the one person I know ordered one did not get built yet.

Now the thoughts. I have searched every way possible from any angle possible and I cannot confirm that a scat pack 1320 has a high stall converter. I have seen where news releases and a hot rod article say it does have a high stall and I have seen it has been said it gets the actual Demon converter, that the 8HP90 converter will work in a 8HP70. But I know from experience with so much less torque it will stall less etc. etc. I have called dealer parts department and had them look it up and they only show ONE converter for a Scat Pack. So after saying all that, I feel that a regular Scat Pack with weight reduction and dead hooking will in fact run the same as a 1320 Scat Pack. Or very close. Providing the converter is the same the only advantage to a real 1320 would be transmission shift programming. I honestly do not think the engine tune is different either. Official FCA release does NOT say anything about a high stall converter and it said the 1320 should be .3 faster. I attribute most of that difference to weight reduction suspension and tires. If you dead hook on a better tire then the tires and suspension are MOOT. And I plan on equal to or better weight reduction than a stripped 1320. I am leaning this way because I like to learn and I like a challenge.
What about buying a Canadian 1320 there is a single seat 45 min from where I live. Plus with how low the Canadian dollar is right now compared to the U.S. dollar you would get a real good deal. It only has 13 kms and has the wing you wanted but it is destroyer grey. Also it is probably the only Canadian 1320 single seat ever built. At today's conversion your looking at $38433USD plus tax and importing fees. It may be worth it for you?

-Edit just looked it up it is the only destroyer grey Canadian scat pack 1320 produced and 1 of 28 total Canadian 1320s

This 2019 DODGE CHALLENGER offers all the standard equipment of R/T SCAT PACK plus: OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment): Customer Preferred Package 24G; 3.09 rear axle ratio; 1320 DRAG PACK with Performance cloth seats with Houndstooth inserts, Delete Rear Seat Group, Delete passenger seat, Delete rear seat, Delete rear seat belt, Delete front passenger seat belt, Cargo net, Front floor mat, Driver floor mat, Drag Mode Performance Pages, Dodge Performance Pages, Drag Pack, illuminated Air Catcher headlamp, Drag Pack fender badge, Drag Pack instrument panel badge, Speedl-imited engine controller, Alcantara-wrapped performance steering wheel, Drag mode suspension, Adaptive damping suspension, 275/40R20 102W Drag Radial tires, 20x9.5inch Low-Gloss Black aluminum drag wheels, 1-year NMCA/NHRA membership, 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Auto/Stick automatic transmission, Remote start system with automatic transmission, Tip start, Steering wheel-mounted shift control; SRT Barracuda spoiler; Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4inch display pacakge with GPS navigation, Media hub w/ 2 USB ports and auxiliary input jack, SiriusXM Travel Link, SiriusXM Traffic, 5year SiriusXM Travel Link subscription, Red brake calipers; $53,988 13 KMs

https://www.uniquechrysler.com/vehi...enger/burlington/on/45527916/?sale_class=used

Last edited:

DRAGRCR

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Death Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hornet
What about buying a Canadian 1320 there is a single seat 45 min from where I live. Plus with how low the Canadian dollar is right now compared to the U.S. dollar you would get a real good deal. It only has 13 kms and has the wing you wanted but it is destroyer grey. Also it is probably the only Canadian 1320 single seat ever built. At today's conversion your looking at $38433USD plus tax and importing fees. It may be worth it for you?

-Edit just looked it up it is the only destroyer grey Canadian scat pack 1320 produced and 1 of 28 total Canadian 1320s

This 2019 DODGE CHALLENGER offers all the standard equipment of R/T SCAT PACK plus: OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT (May Replace Standard Equipment): Customer Preferred Package 24G; 3.09 rear axle ratio; 1320 DRAG PACK with Performance cloth seats with Houndstooth inserts, Delete Rear Seat Group, Delete passenger seat, Delete rear seat, Delete rear seat belt, Delete front passenger seat belt, Cargo net, Front floor mat, Driver floor mat, Drag Mode Performance Pages, Dodge Performance Pages, Drag Pack, illuminated Air Catcher headlamp, Drag Pack fender badge, Drag Pack instrument panel badge, Speedl-imited engine controller, Alcantara-wrapped performance steering wheel, Drag mode suspension, Adaptive damping suspension, 275/40R20 102W Drag Radial tires, 20x9.5inch Low-Gloss Black aluminum drag wheels, 1-year NMCA/NHRA membership, 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission, Leather-wrapped shift knob, Auto/Stick automatic transmission, Remote start system with automatic transmission, Tip start, Steering wheel-mounted shift control; SRT Barracuda spoiler; Uconnect 4C NAV with 8.4inch display pacakge with GPS navigation, Media hub w/ 2 USB ports and auxiliary input jack, SiriusXM Travel Link, SiriusXM Traffic, 5year SiriusXM Travel Link subscription, Red brake calipers; $53,988 13 KMs

https://www.uniquechrysler.com/vehi...enger/burlington/on/45527916/?sale_class=used
That is a very interesting car. I would buy it right now if......I know for 100% sure it can be registered here in California without any issues and the boarder is open and it can be picked up or shipped right away and I will not get scammed out of my money etc etc.....I do not want to get into the same heartache that I am currently enduring. I ordered a car that I 100% would love only to be VERY uncertain when I will get the car. I have the worst luck. Every time I get involved with something I get all the parts I need except the ONE that is on backorder with no ETA etc etc.....So, I ordered the car and look what happened.........Lucky I am not locked into the deal.

Where did you look that up? I would love to have that car. So cool..........

Markp

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Fuck Trudeau
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2019 Redeye
That is a very interesting car. I would buy it right now if......I know for 100% sure it can be registered here in California without any issues and the boarder is open and it can be picked up or shipped right away and I will not get scammed out of my money etc etc.....I do not want to get into the same heartache that I am currently enduring. I ordered a car that I 100% would love only to be VERY uncertain when I will get the car. I have the worst luck. Every time I get involved with something I get all the parts I need except the ONE that is on backorder with no ETA etc etc.....So, I ordered the car and look what happened.........Lucky I am not locked into the deal.

Where did you look that up? I would love to have that car. So cool..........
here is the link