Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The price was right so I snagged it but...

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #21
Thanks Mike. If I use it I absolutely will have it gone through. I've been trying to find info on if it's a worthwhile upgrade vs my 2.72 pullied 2.4L blower. I wouldn't want to send it off and get a $4,000 repair bill. At that point it would make more sense to get a 3.0 Whipple.

Not a lot of info here. I'll have to go over on the old site, seems more mods over there.

vortecd

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Premium Account
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middleville
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Charger Hellcat
Thanks Mike. If I use it I absolutely will have it gone through. I've been trying to find info on if it's a worthwhile upgrade vs my 2.72 pullied 2.4L blower. I wouldn't want to send it off and get a $4,000 repair bill. At that point it would make more sense to get a 3.0 Whipple.

Not a lot of info here. I'll have to go over on the old site, seems more mods over there.
Bring a gun if you are going walking in the "hood"

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #23
Took detailed pics and sent them off to two places. Both said normal wear on the rotors. SDG Motorsports came highly recommended and he was thorough in asking me for specific pictures and even hinted that a rebuild wasn't even really necessary unless I just wanted it for peace of mind, which I do, so I'll be sending it off to SDG here soon. Rebuild and upgraded bearings. Seemed like a good dude and I appreciated him not upselling and even suggesting I might not even need the work to begin with.

My benchmark was to have it back to better than new for less than half the cost of a GenV Whipple 3.0 all in, and I'll be well below that.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #24
Jesse with SDG Motorsports was excellent to work with. He gave me a ring and talked over options and taught me a few things as well. I'm gonna use his packaging and shipping since that was WAY cheaper than I could do on my own. He sends me a box for the blower I send it back, he 100% rebuilds it all the way down to the rear gear bearings etc with several upgrades like pinning the snout shaft, etc, and ships back to me all for one shipping price with a hefty insurance amount included. All in all a very fair price for what I'm having done. I asked about recoating the rotors, and he said he can if I want that, but based on the pictures I sent he said it doesn't need it and was a waste of money. He did say he'll carefully inspect them and let me know once he has them in his hands though. So he's not trying to upsell a bunch of services which was nice as well.

Confirmed blower speed will be within RPM range limits with the 2.72 Litens pulley so good to go there as well. I learned it's the female lobe speed you have to pay attention to and it spins 1.66X that of the male lobe. I think you wanna stay under 35,000 RPM from the data I've seen and the 2.72 will put me at 33,447 RPM.

My car has the Redeye engine in it with stock Bosch R6 plugs at stock gap. I'm wondering how they're gonna do with a couple more pounds of boost from the 2.7L. I'm not planning to change them unless I have an issue. This car is to much of a PITA for that so fingers crossed. When they do need changing I'd plan to use the NGK 2309.

I'm thinking of adding the blower spacers since the supercharger will be completely off the car. Who has the nicer supercharger bolts that are the right length? I remember that was a thing.

Last edited:

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
I thought he made a profile over here but I can't find him

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
HFCOTM
View Images
@Speedy!

Hold still, let me check something

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #28
@BULL - thank you sir

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Jesse with SDG Motorsports was excellent to work with. He gave me a ring and talked over options and taught me a few things as well. I'm gonna use his packaging and shipping since that was WAY cheaper than I could do on my own. He sends me a box for the blower I send it back, he 100% rebuilds it all the way down to the rear gear bearings etc with several upgrades like pinning the snout shaft, etc, and ships back to me all for one shipping price with a hefty insurance amount included. All in all a very fair price for what I'm having done. I asked about recoating the rotors, and he said he can if I want that, but based on the pictures I sent he said it doesn't need it and was a waste of money. He did say he'll carefully inspect them and let me know once he has them in his hands though. So he's not trying to upsell a bunch of services which was nice as well.

Confirmed blower speed will be within RPM range limits with the 2.72 Litens pulley so good to go there as well. I learned it's the female lobe speed you have to pay attention to and it spins 1.66X that of the male lobe. I think you wanna stay under 35,000 RPM from the data I've seen and the 2.72 will put me at 33,447 RPM.

My car has the Redeye engine in it with stock Bosch R6 plugs at stock gap. I'm wondering how they're gonna do with a couple more pounds of boost from the 2.7L. I'm not planning to change them unless I have an issue. This car is to much of a PITA for that so fingers crossed. When they do need changing I'd plan to use the NGK 2309.

I'm thinking of adding the blower spacers since the supercharger will be completely off the car. Who has the nicer supercharger bolts that are the right length? I remember that was a thing.
I suggest you do the spacers and the thermo blanket.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat

All this for $1000? New gear side bearings as well? I find this hard to believe, material cost alone for stock steel bearings, seals, etc approaches $1000 alone. I do hope this is a real cost as I’ll be sending him blowers as well lol. Fingers crossed for you 🤞🤞

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #31
Well he didn't recommend the $800 hybrid ceramic bearing option. Said the rotors give up at speeds way below those bearings but offered to use them if I wanted. I told him to use whatever his standard bearing was. Coating the rotors is an extra $400 but said he didn't think that was needed based on pics. Straight up guy thus far.

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
I have zero issues with my Kong setup. Full port on snout, plate and blower, full race bearing setup. One word of advice, ditch the 2.72 if you are going to go through the race bearing setup. I have put on a griptec 2.70 and haven't looked back. The faster you spin that litens the more it hates life.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #33
My 2.72 will be spinning the same speed it always has.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
My 2.72 will be spinning the same speed it always has.
True, but it will have more load on it spinning the 2.7 then the 2.4 st the same rpm. It’s not the speed that kills the Litens, the load has more of a factor.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
Well he didn't recommend the $800 hybrid ceramic bearing option. Said the rotors give up at speeds way below those bearings but offered to use them if I wanted. I told him to use whatever his standard bearing was. Coating the rotors is an extra $400 but said he didn't think that was needed based on pics. Straight up guy thus far.
If your taking the rotors out and having to replace the bearings on that end at the very least put ABEC 7 steel bearings or ceramic bearings on the faster spinning rotor, both ends, the blower will last much longer. Remember, it spins 1.66 times faster then the input shaft

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
True, but it will have more load on it spinning the 2.7 then the 2.4 st the same rpm. It’s not the speed that kills the Litens, the load has more of a factor.
And then lack of load makes it's own mess doesn't it? :) Your supercharger has been through every scenario this year.

OP
Speedy!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
Thread Starter #37
Whatever he uses are upgrades over stock but he talked me out of ceramic hybrid. Said it's a waste of money.

I was ready to do that and recoat the rotors as well but figure he's the expert since this is his thing.

He did recommend a billet end plate if I planned to go to his larger snout down the road. I decided not to do that. I'm thinking this 2.7 and 2.72 pulley on E85 will probably make all the power I wanna put on the stock rods.

Last edited:

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Whatever he uses are upgrades over stock but he talked me out of ceramic hybrid. Said it's a waste of money.

I was ready to do that and recoat the rotors as well but figure he's the expert since this is his thing.

He did recommend a billet end plate if I planned to go to his larger snout down the road. I decided not to do that. I'm thinking this 2.7 and 2.72 pulley on E85 will probably make all the power I wanna put on the stock rods.
Sounds like you should upgrade the rods 😂

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City