Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

The Redeye low volume numbers will this make her the sought after one years down the road?

Is the Redeye a true sought after collector down the road

• Total voters

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Paladin06

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Army Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Clarksville
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger Hellcat/2019 Challenger Redeye
Geez wizz dude and duettes. All these surgeries before xmas. Rehab time I guess but make for a bad egg nock week. Don't have to play with the kids and or grand kids, but what a trade off. I have skin cancer surgery the day after xmas. Doesn't make any difference cause me and the cat. He quit playing volley ball years ago and I want be able to go outside. No skinny dipping till dark then what's the point. Gives me a good excuse not to go to Atlanta to visit brother's family. Hate Atlanta. Good luck my surgery friends.
One daughter on active duty. No grand kids thank God. The wife has 3 weeks off for Christmas so it’s perfect timing.

Daman98

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Smithsburg
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
In the Market
Guess you could put a couple Beanie Babies and Cabbage Patch Dolls in the trunk......just to be sure.

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Thus the huge push towards hybrids & EVs a crossed the entire globe. As as direct side effect, and in keeping with the general crux of this thread, is that the collectability of these (and many other) ICE cars may well be a mute point in the not too distant future, when the fuel for them has been regulated out of being by the leftist tree huggers or the "cost" (penalty) via drastically increasing fees, fines & taxes (gas guzzler tax is just a start), in order to drive them is intentionally made too great. When either or both of those things happen, the bottom will drop out, but I digress.
=====

I disagree

The PEAK ICE AGE cars will become ART....

No (widely available) gas needed.

Sad? Perhaps but also true.

The market for these cars will be STRONGER than ever 20+ yrs from now...

Last edited:

SNeal5966

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
'19 Scat Pack Challenger
Marketing hype sure has convinced a lot of people that electric cars are the future.....except the only people buying are early adopters.....and the cars remain uneconomical.....

mopar madness

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Denton
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 BMW M5
I bet its safe to say my 2016 pitch black hellcat challenger is one of the most highly produced models out there. lol

Slowpoke387

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Somewhere
State
CT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye WB
I bet its safe to say my 2016 pitch black hellcat challenger is one of the most highly produced models out there. lol
As yet another owner of one i would have to agree.

SunnyS

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Siesta Key
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat
There is nothing nicer then a Polished Black car showing things off like a mirror 20140204_103625.jpg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
It will be the best $50 you ever spent and a early Christmas gift to yourself.
To avoid the Christmas rush, I got our production sheets on the 25th.

Turns out that both cars are one-of-ones. That makes them two-of-two, right?

Go Goody

Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Stuart
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
16 Hellcat Challenger
As yet another owner of one i would have to agree.
And another black 16 automatic to the list.....mine has a sunroof....1 of 4000

Hellcat Cuda

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
S.F. East Bay
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger HC Red Eye 1969 Hellcat Cuda
I agree @WildCat they may not make any ICE, but they will not stop producing fuel for the vehicles we own. I am pretty sure as one of the old guys here, I am going to be able to purchase gasoline until I die. I do not study and follow the gasoline world as much as the electric world, because that is the business I am in. I am not going to throw facts out we can all research quickly. I am not on this car Forum to impress, or boast. I won't argue about this like it is btw a Mustang and Mopar.

I will be going to D.C. about 6-8 times this year to do important work, believe it or not, so these people CAN plug in their electric cars and everything else that runs on our power grid, and it will continue to work properly. We build everything related to power along with other infrastructure. If people I am associated with are not successful, they really won't be increasing the penetration of this green power much more. That includes EVERY state in this Union. You want to talk energy, in a technical way, I am glad to talk about it off line. The examples I gave were because many think we won't have the resources to use in the future.
I don't think there's a question of gasoline being available down the road when we're old(er) and still want to drive our REs. I think the question will be, how much is it going to cost per gallon and can we afford it?

MuscleCat

Founding Member
Doctor
Member ID
Reactions
City
DFW
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2023 Challenger SRT Super Stock
And another black 16 automatic to the list.....mine has a sunroof....1 of 4000
Ha ha... Roll call for the many pitch black A8 2016s. Reason why I got mine wrapped immediately in a color (octane/header orange) not available

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Dodge Challenger Redeye WB
I don't think there's a question of gasoline being available down the road when we're old(er) and still want to drive our REs. I think the question will be, how much is it going to cost per gallon and can we afford it?
If I have a problem buying gas in the future or affording it for my measly little automobile, flying in a jet plane will be for billionaires only.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
If I have a problem buying gas in the future or affording it for my measly little automobile, flying in a jet plane will be for billionaires only.
Havnt you heard about the Teslaplane currently on the drawing board?

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
Sure, I see drones that fly for less than 30 minutes that are less than five pounds. I am really sure I can buy gas for another 30 years, and will hear jet engines continue to roar down runways. The airline and defense industries will not scrap their investments. Musk won't make an electric airplane that can break the sound barrier in my lifetime or his.

Check out the performance of BA (Boeing) at the NYSE the last five years.

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Sure, I see drones that fly for less than 30 minutes that are less than five pounds. I am really sure I can buy gas for another 30 years, and will hear jet engines continue to roar down runways. The airline and defense industries will not scrap their investments. Musk won't make an electric airplane that can break the sound barrier in my lifetime or his.

Check out the performance of BA (Boeing) at the NYSE the last
Yeah, I’m sure your right I can’t imagine a battery powered plane carrying any capacity. 👍

04Ram2500Hemi

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Western
State
MT
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Ram TRX
Personally I think it’s the over produced 2016’s that will be worth the most, but that’s because it’s what I have in my garage. [biggrin]

088FA453-433D-4CF2-A37E-4FC1DF1D139C.jpeg

Jimmy N.

5000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Lumberton
State
NM
Country
United States
Vehicle
'18 Challenger
Yeah, I’m sure your right I can’t imagine a battery powered plane carrying any capacity. 👍
They'd be good for transporting batteries, right?
Until it was time to fly back.

DGatzby

6000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Premium Account
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
SW Twin Cities
State
MN
Country
United States
Vehicle
What could happen is that a similar looking Challenger may be powered soon with a smaller engine with turbos (much lighter) with as much or more power. Won't sound the same right? But, the damn things may also contain an electric motor or two for good measure and kick our butts!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
People will have to want these cars for them to be "collectible". I'm not sure that will happen. The reason the 70s era car craze happened is because of TV and the internet and folks who wanted to relive their childhoods or had brothers or Dads with these cars that they admired.

Look at what most kids today drive, if they even drive at all, and the cars they covet. Most I know don't think the Challenger is something worth considering. They're more in to the latest Honda Civic (and paying ADM!!!) to get one. Wouldn't surprise me if the first Tesla is the collector car in the future. My wife and I sold a 15 year old Mac Book on Ebay to some nut that collects them. That's the world we live in now.

I'm real curious what will come next for the Challenger. The heavy discounts in 2019 don't bode well. If the cars were flying off the shelves they wouldn't be discounted. I just hope they continue to make them a bit longer, and maybe get that Hellephant in one before they call it quits. The advertising was way down this year as well I noticed.