Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

What was your fantasy car when you were growing up?

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
I know all you mofos were really hankering after a Nash or a Yugo. Admit it.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger WB Redeye Octane Red
Surely this piece of car candy had no bearing on your choice as a kid.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

catherine bach dukes of hazzard.jpg

I'm guessing the car could have had four flat tires and dents all over and it still would have been your favorite... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Car?,what car

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
OK... don't laugh too hard... but, my first ride was this... I think it had about 86hp... with pedals and rubber band available for eco mode. :LOL:

View attachment 5139

Styling queues off the charts. TV box on top of a refrigerator box.

Hard to believe that I have 797hp available under my right foot now. Amazing.
Would have beaten my Karman Ghia. It’s quarter mile was quicker that it’s 0-60. :rolleyes:

Bkuz

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Member ID
Reactions
City
Brooksville
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat
I always loved a Viper! I could never get this option with the car!

BKuz

B546705A-F73E-48AC-972C-B04BAFB298F1.jpeg

The Englishman

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Newbury
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
Vehicle
2018 Demon
That one is very nicely optioned,didn’t know they came with Dagmires

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Member ID
Reactions
City
Miami
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Hellcat
70/71 hemi cuda convertible with a shaker.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thanks for the info but I'm all set. I bought a black Hellcat with brass monkey rims and grew a sick mustache. All good 😎
Good move on the HC and the mustache... :LOL:

A funny classic movie just the same.

3Rkw.gif smokey and bandit 3.gif

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger

Catless

Member ID
Reactions
City
Parkersburg
State
WV
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Hellcat Challenger
'63 Split Window Corvette. And I don't even like Corvettes as a rule.

Proud American

Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Buffalo
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Challenger
Surely this piece of car candy had no bearing on your choice as a kid.... :LOL::LOL::LOL:

View attachment 5145

I'm guessing the car could have had four flat tires and dents all over and it still would have been your favorite... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
She hit the wall...HARD!

71SixPack

Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Elizabeth
State
CO
Country
United States
Really not a simple answer but wanted to show a maturing of car taste. When a young teen anything with a V-8 and four speed. Heavy influence from a hotrodder uncle that preferred big block Fords. Once I had my license and a PT after school minimum wage job reality set in. So ended up with a 1965 Ford 6 cylinder three on the tree. Of course I did try to sneak the papers for a 1967 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed past my dad. Almost had it when he realized what he was signing for. Oh well probably would have killed myself.
Then the 1969 1/2 440 Six Pack Dodges showed up. Oh my. That had my attention but college bills needed paid first. fast forward through marriage, starting a family and career, buying fixer upper homes and a slight career change and it was 1981. Jeez. I’d missed out. All the great muscle cars in Illinois had gone to the big rust pile in the sky!
Well, not quite, the career change included a move to Colorado. At that time they didn’t salt the roads! It was a used muscle car mecca. A new friend had something to show me. It was heaven when he backed his 1971 426 Hemi Superbee out of the storage unit. Less than a year later I had my first Dodge muscle car. A 440 6 Pack four speed Charger R/T GY3 color car. It had seen extensive street strip use but it was driveable. That was followed by several other 440 HP Dodges including the wife’s super rare 440 powered 1971 Superbee. (The 440 Was not a factory option but several got through assembly) Also picked up an early production 1969 Coronet RT 440-4bbl four speed car. F8 green. I really enjoyed hammering through the gears at least once a trip. Also had a 1970. Challenger RT 440/ auto/ AC car. It was fast but handled like poop. We bought our son a 1972 340/auto Demon. It was his HS car. Lastly I briefly had a 1969 440-6 BBL Roadrunner. It was a complete basket case. I sold it to help fund the restoration of the 1971 Six Pack Charger.
Well most of those cars have gone on to great/better homes. I know where they all are except for that nose heavy 1970 Challenger. I kept the Six Pack 71 Charger and five years ago found and bought the 340 Demon. It’s still a running driving car but will need fresh paint/ restoration.
So that brings me up to six months ago. We are both retired and my wife had a desire for another 71 Superbee. After many failed attempts we moved into this century and ended up with the Redeye. We really do enjoy the old muscle but the Redeye is at a wonderful level of driveabilty and performance. The Redeye is now our go-to car.
Sorry for the super long post but sometimes simple answers just don’t cover the breadth of the question.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

stonewall

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Conway
State
AR
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Dodge Hellcat Challenger
Really not a simple answer but wanted to show a maturing of car taste. When a young teen anything with a V-8 and four speed. Heavy influence from a hotrodder uncle that preferred big block Fords. Once I had my license and a PT after school minimum wage job reality set in. So ended up with a 1965 Ford 6 cylinder three on the tree. Of course I did try to sneak the papers for a 1967 Chevelle SS 396 4 speed past my dad. Almost had it when he realized what he was signing for. Oh well probably would have killed myself.
Then the 1969 1/2 440 Six Pack Dodges showed up. Oh my. That had my attention but college bills needed paid first. fast forward through marriage, starting a family and career, buying fixer upper homes and a slight career change and it was 1981. Jeez. I’d missed out. All the great muscle cars in Illinois had gone to the big rust pile in the sky!
Well, not quite, the career change included a move to Colorado. At that time they didn’t salt the roads! It was a used muscle car mecca. A new friend had something to show me. It was heaven when he backed his 1971 426 Hemi Superbee out of the storage unit. Less than a year later I had my first Dodge muscle car. A 440 6 Pack four speed Charger R/T GY3 color car. It had seen extensive street strip use but it was driveable. That was followed by several other 440 HP Dodges including the wife’s super rare 440 powered 1971 Superbee. (The 440 Was not a factory option but several got through assembly) Also picked up an early production 1969 Coronet RT 440-4bbl four speed car. F8 green. I really enjoyed hammering through the gears at least once a trip. Also had a 1970. Challenger RT 440/ auto/ AC car. It was fast but handled like poop. We bought our son a 1972 340/auto Demon. It was his HS car. Lastly I briefly had a 1969 440-6 BBL Roadrunner. It was a complete basket case. I sold it to help fund the restoration of the 1971 Six Pack Charger.
Well most of those cars have gone on to great/better homes. I know where they all are except for that nose heavy 1970 Challenger. I kept the Six Pack 71 Charger and five years ago found and bought the 340 Demon. It’s still a running driving car but will need fresh paint/ restoration.
So that brings me up to six months ago. We are both retired and my wife had a desire for another 71 Superbee. After many failed attempts we moved into this century and ended up with the Redeye. We really do enjoy the old muscle but the Redeye is at a wonderful level of driveabilty and performance. The Redeye is now our go-to car.
Sorry for the super long post but sometimes simple answers just don’t cover the breadth of the question.

I would say you made up for your early on dry spell. You have had more than a normal amount of cool cars. Congratulations.

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Even my wife laughed at the Burt Reynolds gif. You sir are a funny guy!
Hmmm.... I make my wife laugh at least 2 times a year.

First, the lights go out...

lights out 4.gif

Then the laughter begins....

laughing.gif

I don't get it... Maybe it's the funny face I make just before the lights go out.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

funny face.gif

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)

OLDBAYCRAB

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Middle River
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle

Looking back you find that sometimes life just gets in the way and you have to postpone those things you desire. All my life, I thought of having a nice muscle car but, everything else came first, especially when a kid came along. My wife and I put a lot of wishes and desires on hold until our recent retirements. Now thankfully, we are doing well and it was she that approved of the WBRE purchase. As she put it, "you deserve it and you should do it while you still can and enjoy it". I think I'll keep her. Both of them, that is... :LOL: