Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Whipple IATs during a pass?

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #41
I am not running a whipple but i AM running an IC Chiller and Bumper mounted Res installed by Allpar Garage this season.

IAT's are no longer an issue and it's nice. last year even with the BMR box it got TOASTY.

We'll see how good it does when we drop to the 2.50 next time out.
what are your temps during a pass?

fubar569

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Bradford
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Charger Hellcat
what are your temps during a pass?
Not really running a lot of pulley right now. Just a 2.95...but still don't remember IAT2 getting much over 115-120 in the heat (~85* ambient) at the top end of the track.

I know starting coolant temps are usually low 50's/high 40's and haven't gone over 75 during 3 continuous hot laps...which if they were CLEAN passes didn't vary by more than a tenth of a second mainly because of my own stupidity.

TBH I didn't really log any of my last 8 passes as I was only on the flex tune. The little I logged on the street showed some false knock I need to fix (exhaust clearance) before we go full rtard.

GNBRETT

500 Posts Club
Member ID
Reactions
City
Kingsport
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
(2) Trackhawks, RS3 Swapped Golf R, Turbo Mustang.
It really is mind boggling that there is literally ONE option for everyone to choose from smfh..... There is such a big market for it I dont get why Magi has been dragging their feet for so long I mean shit I would have bought a new Magi in a heartbeat over the Whipple.

I plan on pushing mine so im sure it will fail smfh. Thats why I love Turbo's they just never seen to give me any isues ever but the blower just comes on so dam hard theyre just isnt a comparison especially when u have to go to a 3800-4000 stall vs the low stall for my Whipple. On the street there just isnt a better option like u stated and it sux!

But I will disagree with u when comparing the 3.0 Whipple to a magi 2650. On 93 octane my cousin made more hp with his Magi than he did the 3.0. It wasnt by much but it did make more power. Takes power to spin it. On E85 it wasnt even close like a 100 hp difference and the 3.0 was the clear winner but not on 93. What are ur experiences with this as im sure uve done countless combos.

It is a love hate with whipple. We do not have another blower on the market anywhere close to performing like the 3.0 and certainly not like the 3.8.
With that being said the failures are frustrating. There have been more quality control issues than just the blowers failing. Issues with cross over cables and or fuel pressure sensors detreating or having some sort of junk in them from factory.
I wish we had another option more competition just pushes the market farther and farther. If maggy or well anyone had an offering competing with Whipple we would see both competing back and forth.

With all that being said when a customer says a time they want to run and I know it is more than the ihi can handle I say well then go Whipple. Whipple has at least been honoring their warranty unlike some other companies.