Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Deciding this weekend whether to return the Hellcat or keep it

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Thread Starter #61
Roger that. That has played into the thinking as well.

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
Reminds me of a Lou Rawls song " You're going to miss my lovin "

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #63
Well, supposedly the check reached Chrysler Capital today.... supposedly the car is "mine" now. So, it will get wrecked the next time I drive it.

FaintDarlingAfricanporcupine-small.gif

Demon1

500 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Demon
Well, supposedly the check reached Chrysler Capital today.... supposedly the car is "mine" now. So, it will get wrecked the next time I drive it.

View attachment 16775
Congrats, and curious. Was there any dealing off the residual in the lease?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #65
I didn't even bother with it. I"ve always heard (and seen) that they simply say take it or leave it. Maybe I should have asked, but too many other things going on.

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #66
But now I'm paranoid about it, and about whether they some how changed state law in the last couple of years and I'll have to pay sales tax on the SOB....

SilverBillet

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
The Villages
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2021 Jeep GC 5.7 TrailHawk
View attachment 16775
Just curious how you finalized the deal? Did Chrysler Capital send a letter to you asking you to take an action or did you just go into the dealer and pay them?

OP
Magnified

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #68
Didn't bother with the dealer. Submitted a basic application for buy out through the on line system at USAA. Called USAA, told them what I wanted to do. She set it up in their system, conferenced Chrysler Capital in on the call to get their side of the official pay off (I had her call to save time, for USAA and others, CC will pick up dedicated lines). Played with the amount, told her to put $2000 cash into the deal (to lower the payment some, for psychological reasons really). Told her lets do. She sent the paper work over. I sat on it for a few days, talked with wife and ruminated. Decided I wanted to do it, so signed the online docs, printed, signed, and faxed the two that have to have physical signatures. USAA notified me when the package left, and courier notified when received and by whom at CC. Should be done deal.

Once finalized, will confront the county tax assessor for registration. Dun dun DUN. Should be no sales tax (as discussed above).

Last edited:

Hellcatcfp

5000 Posts Club
Staff Team
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat

View attachment 16775
Congrats Magnified.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Didn't bother with the dealer. Submitted a basic application for buy out through the on line system. Called USAA, told them what I wanted to do. She set it up in their system, conferenced Chrysler Capital in on the call to get their side of the official pay off (I had her call to save time, for USAA and others, CC will pick up dedicated lines). Played with the amount, told her to put $2000 cash into the deal (to lower the payment some, for psychological reasons really). Told her lets do. She sent the paper work over. I sat on it for a few days, talked with wife and ruminated. Decided I wanted to do it, so signed the online docs, printed, signed, and faxed the two that have to have physical signatures. USAA notified me when the package left, and courier notified when received and by whom at CC. Should be done deal.

Once finalized, will confront the county tax assessor for registration. Dun dun DUN. Should be no sales tax (as discussed above).
Mag...you did good...one less thing to deal with ;)..but your right...careful now..ITS YOURS NOW!!

Mike L.

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Yorba Linda
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
'16 Challenger Hellcat A8
The insurance didn't change. No problem.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Congrats and I do believe you will thank yourself in the future. You know the car, you aren't purchasing sumtin some body else may have destroyed. I usually keep mine for better or worse, sick or well fed. I know what I have done with the auto and not accepting some one elses crap or carp. Ok,,, going out and that means a trip to the body shop. Could be a good day or??? Not so good.