Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

Live action from FUMANCHU182.

zhc

Founding Member
Premium Account
7 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Very well put. Unless you are a 30 year chiller man e ack. Have done too much in two many situations. This one is very simple. Staging area is where this needs to happen. Like above,,, I would not discuss this with any one cause they are going to cry fowl ball. What they don't understand, they think to their demise.
I agree with this on so many levels!

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat
Thread Starter #222
I think you misunderstand the purpose of various bypasses that come with these chiller systems.

The first type of bypass blocks the flow of freon going to (or from) the factory evap core. This does two things. One, all of the freon will be dedicated to the chiller core which generally makes it more effective. Two, the major source of water when the A/C is running is from the factory evap core condensing water from air. By blocking flow to the factory evap core, it will no longer do that. You will still get condensation though, but it generally won't be from any of the a/c components nor will it be from the chiller because that unit comes insulated by all three major manufacturers of chiller units. Condensation will be from the coolant lines getting cold and condensing against the air, worst when dew point (humidity) is high. You can mitigate this by insulating all your coolant lines as well as parts of the a/c suction line as this can get cold as well. Note, the same thing happens with ice tanks. It's like pulling a cold soda can out of the fridge and leaving it outside.

The 2nd type of bypass is one that can divert flow around the factory heat exchangers. The reason why you would want to bypass the factory heat exchangers is a chiller can chill the coolant down well below ambient. When that happens, the factory HX work against it by introducing heat back into the fluid from ambient air. It becomes a reverse heat exchanger at that point.

In either case, the A/C has to be running pretty much 100% of the time for the chiller to do its thing while you're in the staging lanes waiting your turn. If it's all setup right, it won't drip on the track. I know I don't and I've been using a chiller or two for several years and have never had an issue with water on the track. However, I wouldn't go around telling everyone you're running your a/c for a chiller. They probably won't understand which can lead to complications with track officials.
100% makes sense, and yeah, not telling a single track official anything lol. @Mean Cat , i'mma need your address to where to send the case of beer in exchange for detailed pics of how you insulated things... .😂

Dependon the tempt, insulation of the refrig tubing, and redirect the moisture, if any, to am other resivor. I do it at home. Redirect my condensate from the a/c to a rain barrel on a pump and feeds my plants and lawn. Different ways of looking at this but it works. If you build your tempt to where you need it before staging, then you are there. I do understand the moisture problem. I have been employed all my life in Florida to fight moisture, in many ways. This is another concept. I have 3 other ideas that includes moisture control and HP//// I have been going to the track before a/c in cars at the track.
makes sense

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Me also. I worked at the Cape for 15 years attempting to figure out the reflecting solar panels. Oh, and sorry to say we worked on the SRBC before the dis ass ter.

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat
I'm done till the chiller comes in, in the meantime I'm going to do a compresson test and make sure the engine is still healthy.
A compression test is better then no test but your best bet is a leak down test as it will reveal even small cylinder sealing issues. A stock Hellcat engine will have very low leak down, like 1/2 to 1% even cold at 100 psi test pressure. With your IAT’s getting as high as they do your pistons are getting pretty hot which leads to allot of ring expansion, these engines are built with pretty small top ring gap which doesn’t allow much room for overheating before they butt. A Leak down test is the gold standard in cylinder sealing testing. A compression test won’t pick up 2-3% difference in leak down. A leak down test is something good to do even to an engine not giving any issues as knowing leak down figures for your engine and keeping track of them let’s you see a problem before it gets too out of hand causing even more costly repair when it finds you not you find it first. Excess blow by the rings gets them even hotter quicker which leads to ring butting even quicker. I think Speedy will even agree with me here, he knows where I’m coming from what ring butting can lead too.

You run a passenger side catch can? If yes what is it’s contents like after a track session? It’s good to start with a clean shiny can and see what it collects after a flogging at the track, good sealing will at hot engine temps will produce next to nothing in the catch can on a tight engine making very little blow by.

I agree with Speedy with Knock sensor 2 seeing the most noise, and it’s cyclical like it being generated by only a piston or 2 close together in the firing order, like 2 and 7 which are notorious for ring issues. Do a leak down test, it will tell you if you have damaged rings or not.

2fast4u

500 Posts Club
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Edwardsburg
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody-DUMBO
Just a thought...why not swap your #2 sensor with one of the others and see if the knock follows ? If it does, you know it's a bad sensor, if not then problem is somewhere near sensor as described above.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Yeah I've been under the car left and right, nothing is near the sensor, nothing is mechanically loose. How can you tell if the knock sensor has gone bad? With the dual pump setup, there is no basket, so a quarter tank might as well be empty. The sock does some work but not enough. So there is temperature and sucking air to fight.

I am going that way with the HX bypass, I want a switch to flip when in race mode so I don't have to run the AC.

I use cooldown mode with the Tazer and have fans. Still because of the way any track in Maryland works, you idle for a long time. Also even in the Summer every track is packed. How can you tell if you have a bad sensor?

I'm done till the chiller comes in, in the meantime I'm going to do a compresson test and make sure the engine is still healthy.
My friends car was showing 0 v's when it was bad & replaced.

With a ic bypass valve like on mine, in hot weather, it will get down to 37* to 39* b4 burnout, after burnout it's around mid to low 40*s, after pass at the end it's at 80*, by the time I drive back to staging lanes it's back down to 39* > 40*.
But still if running back to back passes or idling too long will heat soak engine & not run it's best vs being cooled down, I try to not idle more than 15 min. b4 pass if I can help it.
A 2 gallon reservoir tank would help keep ic temps down through out the pass, but also take longer to chill it down too with more water to chill. So there's some give & take on my setup but it's still better than without it, ic temps at the end of pass will still be at ambient temp or less on hot days. I have seen 28* ic temps b4 burnout on cold days.

A/C does shut off automatically when you go WOT, no need to be turning it on & off, turn on & leave it, does not drip on track, never had issue with track personal or do they even know.
And when I don't need a/c or not at track, I can leave it off & factory cool ic with stock HX's.
Is this setup the absolute best that it could be ? NO, but it's a street car that likes to go to the track, best of both worlds to me.

Last edited:
OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #227
Kinda pissed, found previous owner ran boostane. Im in here and making it right. Gapping to 0.028 and she might be happier.
197B43B9-AA35-42C6-B0A8-A731BBB336C5.jpeg 1063942C-A55C-41EC-8C73-DE697BD26920.jpeg D84E8124-0C82-4094-B3D0-B324DADB3AD3.jpeg D6DF9BE0-8635-445C-8E32-B769610938DF.jpeg 1F7D06AA-1724-4AB9-842A-764201A46447.jpeg 33CD4B01-EB28-4D03-928B-217BBDB9CC9F.jpeg
I have only ever run 93 and 104 in the car. Cylinder 1 done. Seven more to go. 💪

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #228
E352E459-0259-4B58-9F2F-00A3F2493C6C.jpeg

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #229
Just got home, she ate. Prep was not the best. Had fun with the homies and had a grudge with a Mustang. He didn’t expect it…

First hit, conservative timing compared to final tune, knock sensors desensitized. No knock in the logs.
09ABD334-7C3C-48B5-BA5D-0C4E759C095A.jpeg

Spun, this tune had all the beans. The backhalf got me rock hard in the pants.
2E7436DC-F566-4E61-8BFB-966B6030D9EF.jpeg

First grudge with mustang, we both red lit. All the beans and still no knock…
C8625257-95C9-4BF2-8B37-87782A0A7732.jpeg

We ran it back, still took the W!
C5AC78E8-3AAD-4D7E-9F81-C6C70AA52E09.jpeg
The car has a 9 in it for sure. The prep wasnt the greatest and on the last run there was no prep at all as they wanted to run the lanes out.

Hickster

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Seminole
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Hellcat Challenger
Strangest anual probe I have seen cents I left Costa Rica in the 70s. her name was Ann U Ail. What a gap. Kinda dirty.

jonx96

4000 Posts Club
8 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Small town
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Challenger Redeye
Just got home, she ate. Prep was not the best. Had fun with the homies and had a grudge with a Mustang. He didn’t expect it…

First hit, conservative timing compared to final tune, knock sensors desensitized. No knock in the logs.
View attachment 54292

View attachment 54293

View attachment 54291

View attachment 54294
The car has a 9 in it for sure. The prep wasnt the greatest and on the last run there was no prep at all as they wanted to run the lanes out.
Heck ya! If I remember right that is your best mph so far. You’ll be in the 9s no problem!

16GoManGoHC2

3000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
Member ID
Reactions
City
Nanticoke
State
PA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger He’ll Cat

View attachment 54292

View attachment 54293

View attachment 54291

View attachment 54294
Man your SOOOOOO close!!! Good to hear no knock, I’d be inching the sensitivity back towards your original numbers just 1-2% at a time until you start seeing it return then go back up 2%. That will get you at a very safe spot. Get the 60 down just .05 and you’ve got it no problemO!!!

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat

View attachment 54292

View attachment 54293

View attachment 54291

View attachment 54294
Damn Fuman, your close, nice mph, I think with no knock or timing being pulled got your ET down. 60' still good but a little better will get a 9, 3.09 + 315 LOL, what was DA & humidity ? ..I like to see DA info to compare to previous passes when you ran 10.0's & teens. If DA was lower than b4 it should pick up some, if not or the same then you have true gains.

Hpindy

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Jackson's Point
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Vehicle
2018 challenger hellcat
Keep chipping away , you are almost there .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #235
Man your SOOOOOO close!!! Good to hear no knock, I’d be inching the sensitivity back towards your original numbers just 1-2% at a time until you start seeing it return then go back up 2%. That will get you at a very safe spot. Get the 60 down just .05 and you’ve got it no problemO!!!
Instead of messing with the sensors as the no muffler, no resonators and higher pitched pulley wont' go away, I'm putting the timing appropriate for 93 gasoline. It' doesn't feel sluggish but it doesn't pull like a freight train. I am also not running anything other than BP 93 as it's the only gas I trust around here.

Damn Fuman, your close, nice mph, I think with no knock or timing being pulled got your ET down. 60' still good but a little better will get a 9, 3.09 + 315 LOL, what was DA & humidity ? ..I like to see DA info to compare to previous passes when you ran 10.0's & teens. If DA was lower than b4 it should pick up some, if not or the same then you have true gains.
I have to look at the weather data, I'll get back to you on that. I think I did capture a lot of it off TRC app that night. Was busy reviewing logs and making sure knock was no where to be found.

Keep chipping away , you are almost there .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk
Almost, lanes still sucked. So many cars and with open session it's hard to get a good start. Even with the good start the prep wasn't there caues it was the end of the night.. 😐

For everyone's enjoyment:

^This also includes the audio for the jack-hole betting against me... 😂

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #236
Also it might be in potato vision for a little bit, still processing hd so watch in the small window for now lol!

Speedy!

Infomercial Producer
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM & HFCOTY
Member ID
Reactions
City
Murfreesboro
State
TN
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Hellcat Go Man Go
140mph is making some steam. 1.49 60' ain't bad either.

Mean Cat

4000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Houston
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Challenger Hellcat
Instead of messing with the sensors as the no muffler, no resonators and higher pitched pulley wont' go away, I'm putting the timing appropriate for 93 gasoline. It' doesn't feel sluggish but it doesn't pull like a freight train. I am also not running anything other than BP 93 as it's the only gas I trust around here.

I have to look at the weather data, I'll get back to you on that. I think I did capture a lot of it off TRC app that night. Was busy reviewing logs and making sure knock was no where to be found.

Almost, lanes still sucked. So many cars and with open session it's hard to get a good start. Even with the good start the prep wasn't there caues it was the end of the night.. 😐

For everyone's enjoyment:

^This also includes the audio for the jack-hole betting against me... 😂
Love the narration :LOL::ROFLMAO:

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #239
140mph is making some steam. 1.49 60' ain't bad either.
She would have been a great 10.0X index car that night lol. Yeah still working on it. I think the prep just wasn't there but we'll see next week.

Love the narration :LOL::ROFLMAO:
I tried. I was quite miffed when I got home and watched all the footage before editing. My friend taking the video said the conversation went like this.

Goon: "Is that hellcat stock?"
Friend: "No watch this."
Goon: "I got left lane." (money might have been thrown around???)
Friend: "Watch this shit..."
Goon: "Time to sell that Mustang."

I died when I spoke to him this morning when he mentioned that pass after pass people bet against him. They though they would have won when the CTS-V got past me and I slipped but he said there were some angry ass MF'ers when I came around. 😂

OP
fumanchu182

fumanchu182

3000 Posts Club
Vendor
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Donating Member
9 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Pasadena
State
MD
Country
United States
Vehicle
Thread Starter #240
Finally collected all the data. Although DA went down, Humidity and grain size shot through the roof. It was really a fight against time.

1632636281340.png

Can't wait to have an interchiiler so even 130 IATS are not a thing.