Welcome to the #1 Dodge, Jeep and RAM Forum dedicated to FCA owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the SRT Forum today!

My solution to the Demon170 allocation and ADM problem.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
150? The Demon low mile right now is 200K.

This is a 250-300K car easy right now. And likely quite a bit more once drunkards start bidding in Kissimmee and Scotttsdae in 10 months. You can book that.

If Dodge had MSRP'ed at 150K the insane demand we are seeing wouldn't have budged an inch. Effectively they took less and gave the dealerships a MASSIVE gift, possibly to keep them engaged for the coming very dark Hornet, EV eras starting next year.

Of course, in the process they gave their loyal customers a GIANT kick to the balls. They likely are ok with that, knowing that 90% of us won't buy a fast golf cart. So HQ shrugged and let the Dealerships go wilding on the customers.

That meeting in LV was the biggest joke ever. They tried to buy off Demon owners with a 25 buck fast pass. Meanwhile, all the big money owners/dealers were paid to come to LV, drink and eat on the company dime as they sat in their cordoned off area, drank some top-shelf booze, and colluded to make +100K the standard/minimum ADM. After options, all this puts the D170 at 250K which is the minimum these things will ever trade for imo. An ironic little twist...
Well I gotta believe they knew demand for this car was gonna be through the roof..and yes they let the dealers cash in big time...us loyal customers see them what every 3/5 years MAYBE....:unsure::unsure:..The motor company relies on the dealer network to move inventory every day...It was an easy choice...most likely the same one most of us would make if we were sitting behind a desk at Stelantis...just my .02

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
I'm an extra firm believer in that;);)
maybe economy isn’t as soft as we think and it will spring back😉

believe that one and I have a bridge to sell Ya.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
maybe economy isn’t as soft as we think and it will spring back😉

believe that one and I have a bridge to sell Ya.
i've been stuffin my mattress for years...

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Ah, I am at a loss for words that has a couple of meanings. :unsure:

Demoniccat

2000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Mid
State
RI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Hellcat Redeye
Did you decide on interior color yet?

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ah, I am at a loss for words that has a couple of meanings. :unsure:
Should I have better said.....Mistress:unsure::unsure::p;)

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
Well I gotta believe they knew demand for this car was gonna be through the roof..and yes they let the dealers cash in big time...us loyal customers see them what every 3/5 years MAYBE....:unsure::unsure:..The motor company relies on the dealer network to move inventory every day...It was an easy choice...most likely the same one most of us would make if we were sitting behind a desk at Stelantis...just my .02
Dont take this the wrong way but its pretty easy and casual for you to say this sitting on an MSRP deal. Good for you, no ill will, but a LOT of ppl are getting rugs pulled out and or outright breach of contract. I had a SIGNED contract, back and forth email trail over 10 days, proof of 2.5K cc payment and deal clearly saying 10 over MSRP. Day I called them on 3/21/23? FU, we are selling to someone willing to pay 100K. Screw your signed deal. Literally laughing. Boy, I hope that's not what you or anyone else would do to a customer...even a customer you only see once in a while.

Last edited:

jroyk

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Premium Account
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Sketchy
State
MI
Country
United States
Vehicle
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6
I did a quick surf through the hood. It seems like at least three of the residents think they’re getting 170s. There’s even a thread with about whether or not to get the parachute. :rolleyes:
Not sure they’re wealthy, unrealistically hopeful, got lucky, or just foolish.

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
2019 Redeye Widebody (sold)
@GNBRETT You make a great point about pricing. I was talking to another forum member yesterday. He’s definitely not wealthy and may not get a Demon170 because of the ADM fiasco. However, he said he’d gladly pay $25k ADM. His rationale was had Dodge priced the car at $130k MSRP he would have purchased it. We discussed how just a few short years ago the first manufacturer produced 1000 HP car was a Bugatti Veyron. What did that car cost?

I just read this morning that a new Yenko Stage II Camaro ZL1 will produce 1150 HP but will set you back $85k plus the donor car. Mind you, the Yenko is not a manufacturer produced car but a specialty speed shop.
Did you see today Lambo announced the new successor to the Aventador...the Revuelto? Just over 1k hp and slower than the Demon 170. My sales guy told me to expect it to be around $575k base plus another $75k in average options. Compare that to the Demon 170. Aesthetically, I think the Demon 170 looks better than the Revuelto.

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Did you decide on interior color yet?
Yup Black Alcantra leather...not sure how the red interior would look with cinn stick

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Never be loyal to a large company. Its silly. There is no reciprocity.
Be careful being loyal to a small company. They could go under. :ROFLMAO:

Rcasa20

Founding Member
10 Second Best E/T
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Indian Shores
State
FL
Country
United States
Vehicle
Dont take this the wrong way but its pretty easy and casual for you to say this sitting on an MSRP deal. Good for you, no ill will, but a LOT of ppl are getting rugs pulled out and or outright breach of contract. I had a SIGNED contract, back and forth email trail over 10 days, proof of 2.5K cc payment and deal clearly saying 10 over MSRP. Day I called them on 3/21/23? FU, we are selling to someone willing to pay 100K. Screw your signed deal. Literally laughing. Boy, I hope thats what you or anyone else would do to a customer...even a customer you only see once in a while.

Oh and just in case anyone wanted to use them going forward, they are:
Chrysler Dodge Ram in New Braunfels, Texas.
That stinks! I kind of feel like allocations should have been placed in the order someone became a member on this site!!! Being that I'm 1120 that gets me in on the first 3k!!!

OP
BULL

BULL

Oh NO! Not that guy!
Staff Team
Founding Member
U.S. Marine Veteran
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Wiki Contributor
Member ID
Reactions
City
Weld County
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
MY16 M6 Challenger Hellcat
HFCOTM
View Images
Thread Starter #133
Dont take this the wrong way but its pretty easy and casual for you to say this sitting on an MSRP deal. Good for you, no ill will, but a LOT of ppl are getting rugs pulled out and or outright breach of contract. I had a SIGNED contract, back and forth email trail over 10 days, proof of 2.5K cc payment and deal clearly saying 10 over MSRP. Day I called them on 3/21/23? FU, we are selling to someone willing to pay 100K. Screw your signed deal. Literally laughing. Boy, I hope that's not what you or anyone else would do to a customer...even a customer you only see once in a while.

You lost your deal???

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Dont take this the wrong way but its pretty easy and casual for you to say this sitting on an MSRP deal. Good for you, no ill will, but a LOT of ppl are getting rugs pulled out and or outright breach of contract. I had a SIGNED contract, back and forth email trail over 10 days, proof of 2.5K cc payment and deal clearly saying 10 over MSRP. Day I called them on 3/21/23? FU, we are selling to someone willing to pay 100K. Screw your signed deal. Literally laughing. Boy, I hope thats what you or anyone else would do to a customer...even a customer you only see once in a while.

Until I drive out of that Dealership with that car..I'm well aware of the perils that may manifest themselves.......But your missing the point...it's not about your deal or mine...It about Stellantis allocating cars to dealerships..and allowing them to profit to what some would consider (myself included) obscene levels..sure..they could have implemented safe guards to insure MSRP deals....that's not their roll...they produce a car..and SUGGEST a retail price...they are far more concerned with the dealership network profiting..than they are with 3000 customers of any particular offering...and as far as that Texas dealership...no doubt it was dirty pool..conversely...they honor your deal..(as they should have)..you get your deal...they never see you or the car again...at least to them your not what they consider a "loyal" customer...

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Be careful being loyal to a small company. They could go under. :ROFLMAO:
Call lee iacoccoca and the k-car, theyll be okay

Magnified

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
West Texas
State
TX
Country
United States
Vehicle
2017 Charger HC (once upon a time)
Did you see today Lambo announced the new successor to the Aventador...the Revuelto? Just over 1k hp and slower than the Demon 170. My sales guy told me to expect it to be around $575k base plus another $75k in average options. Compare that to the Demon 170. Aesthetically, I think the Demon 170 looks better than the Revuelto.
Ill take 2 of them there revoltin itai dohickeys

Illegal_Demon

1000 Posts Club
Founding Member
Donating Member
HFCOTM
Member ID
Reactions
City
Open Space
State
CO
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon; 2006 Viper (Arrow)
You lost your deal???
I'm now hanging by a WET thread.....

The rotund lady has yet to sing though. I was told by the guy who did my deal that I will find out by "the end of the week". Time is moving as if I am watching a spaceship approach the event horizon from a distance.

clock.gif

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Until I drive out of that Dealership with that car..I'm well aware of the perils that may manifest themselves.......But your missing the point...it's not about your deal or mine...It about Stellantis allocating cars to dealerships..and allowing them to profit to what some would consider (myself included) obscene levels..sure..they could have implemented safe guards to insure MSRP deals....that's not their roll...they produce a car..and SUGGEST a retail price...they are far more concerned with the dealership network profiting..than they are with 3000 customers of any particular offering...and as far as that Texas dealership...no doubt it was dirty pool..conversely...they honor your deal..(as they should have)..you get your deal...they never see you or the car again...at least to them your not what they consider a "loyal" customer...
And make no mistake..if Thursday @ 2 pm my deal falls apart...I'll be livid...and disappointed would be an understatement but that won't change my assessment... look at it this way...You have a huge network of dealers..that have spent multi millions of dollars on facilities...and then you have 3000 customers that may never buy another Stelantis product again...there is no dispute or question who gets fed here...

1971demon

Poster Club Hall of Fame
Founding Member
Member ID
Reactions
City
Orchard Park
State
NY
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon 2016 Hellcat
Ill take 2 of them there revoltin itai dohickeys
like I posted earlier...I know we have more than a few millionaires here;);););)

Demon Dan

Member ID
Reactions
City
San Pedro
State
CA
Country
United States
Vehicle
2018 Demon
Not me. I have MORALS and loyalty to the 2018 Demon owners who took their cars to the track and promoted the brand!!